Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't agree with this totally. Yes we haven't traded in an A grader, but we have some very good players that have helped us like Biggs, Hamling, Trengove, Crozier, Suckling, and the former number two pick Schache who looks to have great potential.

You seem to be really concerned that A grade players have rejected us - I wouldn't be too worried, no use selling the farm for guys like Windgard who has been just as bad as Dahlhaus in the past two years.

I for one think, under Bevo, we have traded in some very good players that have filled our needs as the young group develops.
    Hamling was a delisted free agent and Trengove was a restricted free agent. Neither of their clubs wanted to keep them.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Hamling was a delisted free agent and Trengove was a restricted free agent. Neither of their clubs wanted to keep them.
    Not sure your point here? Both worked out pretty well and they came from another club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Geelong wanted to rookie Hamling.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just now adopted an optimistic mindset that our club is just water tight and more stealthy than everyone else.

The tumbleweeds coming from our club during this trade period so far is because nobody can figure out our genius master plans and no information leaks out. We have so many sneaky irons in fires and will strike when the time is right.

Seriously though, why do people think that just because nothing is being reported that nothing is happening? Have seen people on FB and BF especially completely melting down and labelling Sam Power a failure already. Strange stuff.

5. Likes bornadog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with this totally. Yes we haven't traded in an A grader, but we have some very good players that have helped us like Biggs, Hamling, Trengove, Crozier, Suckling, and the former number two pick Schache who looks to have great potential.

You seem to be really concerned that A grade players have rejected us - I wouldn't be too worried, no use selling the farm for guys like Windgard who has been just as bad as Dahlhaus in the past two years.

I for one think, under Bevo, we have traded in some very good players that have filled our needs as the young group develops.
    Wingard has been light years ahead of Dahl in the last 2 years.

We are good at identifying fringe players for need, but we are poor at nailing high profile trades. That is irrefutable based on the last 3 years of targeted players and lack of success bringing them to the club. We’re certainly not the Lone Ranger there.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

7. Likes LostDog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

We are good at identifying fringe players for need, but we are poor at nailing high profile trades. That is irrefutable based on the last 3 years of targeted players and lack of success bringing them to the club. We’re certainly not the Lone Ranger there.
    Personally i'm glad we haven't got Wingard, as we would have to give up too much to get him. Should not be trading pick7 for anything

Post Thanks / Like

Unlike others, I am not concerned about bringing in high profile players. If we get one , fantastic.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if we are keeping 7, that's us pretty much done for the trade period of any substantial player trade incoming.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

How about Pick 7 and Adams to Brisbane for Pick 5?
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure your point here? Both worked out pretty well and they came from another club.
    You said we've traded in role players and named three free agents to prove it. Suckling was a free agent as well BTW, but Hawthorn wanted to keep him to a certain degree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I believe Geelong wanted to rookie Hamling.
    But they'd already delisted him from the main list, so their interest in him was at least minimal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I have just now adopted an optimistic mindset that our club is just water tight and more stealthy than everyone else.

The tumbleweeds coming from our club during this trade period so far is because nobody can figure out our genius master plans and no information leaks out. We have so many sneaky irons in fires and will strike when the time is right.

Seriously though, why do people think that just because nothing is being reported that nothing is happening? Have seen people on FB and BF especially completely melting down and labelling Sam Power a failure already. Strange stuff.
    Negativity and anxiety are much easier positions to take than hope and trust. Emotional intelligence comes into it. Doomsdayers are a dime a dozen.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

You said we've traded in role players and named three free agents to prove it. Suckling was a free agent as well BTW, but Hawthorn wanted to keep him to a certain degree.
    ok, players that wanted to come to us from other clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Bout right . Certainly not worth the hand wringing that some are going on with . Fair play to Hawthorn though they’ve addressed needs with let’s be honest fringe players i.e Guerra, Hale amongst others with gems like Gunston ( whom we were in for) McEvoy Lake and Gibson .

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the free agency window has officially closed. Nothing for Liberatore or Roughead?