Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 135 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3585125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    What he's worth has nothing to do with it. It's another example of the club holding all the cards and then caving to meet the demands of the other party for no reason other than to play nice.
    We were never doing better than that if you think we were your kidding yourself. Perpetually injured, didn't want be be here and as many on field deficiencies as he has positives. Pick 32 was what was going to happen all along.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We were never doing better than that if you think we were your kidding yourself. Perpetually injured, didn't want be be here and as many on field deficiencies as he has positives. Pick 32 was what was going to happen all along.
    Absolutely agree.

Why would we think holding Adams to his contract was ever a realistic option given this isn't the first time he's expressed a desire to leave the club, and that holding players to contracts is barely the done thing in the AFL these days?

Sure, in theory we held all the cards and could have held out for what we wanted, but that wasn't going to be a practical or likely outcome. Perhaps in years gone by that may have been an option for us, but the landscape has changed and players all but get what they want and there's little clubs can do about it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Taylor Duryea, Sam Lloyd, picks 27, 32, 75, 2019 third-round Pick with Billy Gowers and Brad Lynch moving to the senior list.

Out: Marcus Adams, Shane Biggs, Luke Dahlhaus, Nathan Mullenger-McHugh, Jack Redpath, Jordan Roughead, Clay Smith, Pick 64, 2019 fourth-round Pick

In Doubt: Tom Liberatore, Mitch Honeychurch and Tom Campbell. Liberatore will sign soon and with Roughead leaving Campbell now looks safe.

2018 draft picks: 7, 27, 32, 45, 63, 75, 82 The highlighted unlikely to be used

Missed: We put a great offer forward for Wingard but fell short plus we don't appear to have acquired enough draft points

What's next? - The draft is our big focus. Pick 7 will net us a quality player and we will certainly add father/son pick Rhylee West although it could cost us a lot in terms of our draft position. Buku Khamis is also a strong chance to be headed to the Kennel

The dilemma for us: Draft points we simply don't have enough to cover early bids for both West and Khamis.
    The way I understand it if there is a bid on West at say pick 16 and we decide to match it this year then it will swallow up pick 27 and move our pick 32 to pick 40. Then if a bid comes in the early 30's for Khamis then our pick 40 (32) and 45 will be needed.
    You can see now why Power was so keen to get more for Adams or something better for Roughead.

I think we will need to go into a deficit for 2019 so that we can address our needs this year. It's not ideal but this is a strong draft and we might have to take that approach.

It will be fascinating lead into the draft for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Roughead deal was for the best interest of the player. True bulldogs person and premiership player. We were nice enough to let him try for a better career move and he got it. We did alright out of trade week. A small upgrade in disposal is still and upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

What's next? - The draft is our big focus. Pick 7 will net us a quality player and we will certainly add father/son pick Rhylee West although it could cost us a lot in terms of our draft position. Buku Khamis is also a strong chance to be headed to the Kennel

The dilemma for us: Draft points we simply don't have enough to cover early bids for both West and Khamis.
    The way I understand it if there is a bid on West at say pick 16 and we decide to match it this year then it will swallow up pick 27 and move our pick 32 to pick 40. Then if a bid comes in the early 30's for Khamis then our pick 40 (32) and 45 will be needed.
    You can see now why Power was so keen to get more for Adams or something better for Roughead.

I think we will need to go into a deficit for 2019 so that we can address our needs this year. It's not ideal but this is a strong draft and we might have to take that approach.

It will be fascinating lead into the draft for us.

Be interesting to see what we do with those picks between now and when we use them. Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re waiting to see where Rhylee west gets nominated before deciding what to do. If it’s higher than expected then I think we’ll go hard with 27 and 32 to downgrade pecking order but amassing more points. New dynamic this year w picks and points.

Post Thanks / Like

In Doubt: Tom Liberatore, Mitch Honeychurch and Tom Campbell. Liberatore will sign soon and with Roughead leaving Campbell now looks safe.

2018 draft picks: 7, 27, 32, 45, 63, 75, 82 The highlighted unlikely to be used

What we do with rookies; Gowers, Lynch & R.Smith will be interesting.

We currently have 5 spots on the list to fill and this will increase if we don't sign any of Libba, Honey & Campbell.

I would think that Gowers & Lynch would be certainties for an upgrade to the main list.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

So Honeychurch, Campbell and Webb are still on the list. hmmmmm.

how long do we have to make a decision on them?
    I know Sam Power indicated we'd be keeping Campbell.
    What about the other two?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    What we do with rookies; Gowers, Lynch & R.Smith will be interesting.

We currently have 5 spots on the list to fill and this will increase if we don't sign any of Libba, Honey & Campbell.

I would think that Gowers & Lynch would be certainties for an upgrade to the main list.
    It's fortunate that we have 3 rookie listed players all potential upgrades. I have some doubts on Smith but Gowers certainly and Lynch probably deserves promotions.

Doc, I'd be interested in getting your thoughts about how we managed the challenges of adding Rhylee West and Buku Khamis?
    I'm almost of the opinion that going into deficit next year could be the best approach

Post Thanks / Like

I listened a bit earlier to Michael Barlow on RSN and given the age profile of our list would it be worth bringing him in on a rookie list for a year? I think he could be a great mentor for a younger player like Lynch or one of our draftees. For Barlow it would be a nice transitional year for him with potentially moving into a coaching role at Footscray in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Today's the start of the period when we find out which players clubs were hopeful that they could trade out but no one else wanted them...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    Today's the start of the period when we find out which players clubs were hopeful that they could trade out but no one else wanted them...
    Looking at what we have picked up and what’s on offer in the draft , I see honeychurch the one in the gun.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostDog View Post
    Yep I agree hate to say it and be negative but bottom 3 next year, and feel the rot of losing will upset some players looking elsewhere or be poached by the hawthorns of the league

Sam Power rating F
    Why won't we beat GC, St.Kilda & Carlton?

Yeh of little faith.

14. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I listened a bit earlier to Michael Barlow on RSN and given the age profile of our list would it be worth bringing him in on a rookie list for a year? I think he could be a great mentor for a younger player like Lynch or one of our draftees. For Barlow it would be a nice transitional year for him with potentially moving into a coaching role at Footscray in the future.
    Not for me.

He's a slow mid who doesn't address any of our weaknesses and wouldn't get a game in our midfield anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Not for me.

He's a slow mid who doesn't address any of our weaknesses and wouldn't get a game in our midfield anyway.
    I get that but it's just a rookie spot and he could play if there were injuries. If we acknowledge that we have a young list I could see someone like him being a positive around those younger players.

I have some concerns our culture isn't the greatest and right now players with a positive attitude might be needed to assist in resetting our focus.

It certainly doesn't have to be Barlow but I'd be all for an experienced player with the right approach getting a rookie spot.

Post Thanks / Like

I get that but it's just a rookie spot and he could play if there were injuries. If we acknowledge that we have a young list I could see someone like him being a positive around those younger players.

I have some concerns our culture isn't the greatest and right now players with a positive attitude might be needed to assist in resetting our focus.

It certainly doesn't have to be Barlow but I'd be all for an experienced player with the right approach getting a rookie spot.
    Sorry GVG, I overlooked 'rookie' list. I wrongly assumed you meant the main list.

If the club has concerns with our culture and Barlow is a positive, constructive influence then it might be worth a shot. If he isn't somebody who can develop into a coaching role, then I would probably look elsewhere.