Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 10 of 141 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Don't believe what you read in the paper, Bulldogtragic will make our decision and he is of course working through the challenges of the Tom Boyd contract and seeing what we can put in front of the Bont before we consider Gaff.
    This. I'm expecting BT to sign the Bont up long term before he turns to anything else.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

What would we get for Wallis? Wet tonight which should suit slow players. IMO has been poor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    What would we get for Wallis? Wet tonight which should suit slow players. IMO has been poor.
    I thought Wallis was ok, laid 10 tackles and ended up with 20 disposals, was on the bottom of the pack pushing the ball out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Time to turn this top-up senior players from else refresh into a rebuild. We've not cut hard enough for a while now, so now there's a problem by not managing the outgoing players process effectively.

As good as gone: Campbell, Honeychurch, Roberts, Collins (only if is body proves incapable tof the rigours of AFEL) (3-4)

Retired: Morris, Clay Smith, Picken (3)

Tradable/lose to FA-able: Dahl, Wallis, Roughy (3)

Rookies: All bar Gowers must be under scrutiny
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks westbulldog thanked for this post
    Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with that now BT is we've already created a mess of a list, our list is far to young and missing mid agers and vets already, we cut deep and it even becomes more messier. Dahl, Wallis and Roughie will be all with us next year, I'd be willing to put money on that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moz go on again as well. The others you listed, yeah probably gone.

I'm not going to sit through another season of beating our chests saying we're the youngest team in the comp. I'm sick of hearing it, sick of it being used as a positive to cover up our inability to manage an AFL list.

7. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Problem with that now BT is we've already created a mess of a list, our list is far to young and missing mid agers and vets already, we cut deep and it even becomes more messier. Dahl, Wallis and Roughie will be all with us next year, I'd be willing to put money on that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moz go on again as well. The others you listed, yeah probably gone.

I'm not going to sit through another season of beating our chests saying we're the youngest team in the comp. I'm sick of hearing it, sick of it being used as a positive to cover up our inability to manage an AFL list.
    Agree with this, we need our experienced players to stay. I would like to see us recruit someone like a Josh Kelly to supplement our midfield. We need some speed in the midfield, and probably an Eddie Betts type to kick plenty of goals.

By the end of the year, the young players will have plenty more games up their sleeve, and the players from the premiership year will all be in the 100 plus game bracket.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a fair amount of that I agree with. Sam Power has been left a big job. We might do well to target good free agents to cover the losses. At some point we need to cut deep. The longer we leave it, the worse it will get.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think what BT is suggesting is trading/delisting out a few who don't fit our squad (or who haven't quite lived up to expecations) and trading in some experienced players who can balance our list out (as well take 3-4 kids at the draft). There's no way we'd be taking a massive amount of picks to the draft.

Besides, our list isn't exceptionally young. The teams we have been fielding this year have been, because a lot of our senior players have been injured.

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Besides, our list isn't exceptionally young. The teams we have been fielding this year have been, because a lot of our senior players have been injured.
    Or we have too many of the same type and the list is unbalanced.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

13. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Or we have too many of the same type and the list is unbalanced.
    Which makes some of the two year deals to recontract them still look puzzling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Which makes some of the two year deals to recontract them still look puzzling.
    Agree 100%
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

How do people feel about Marc Murphy? Given our age profile and need for some more run and carry through the middle, do we think that he might offer some value to us as an unrestricted free agent? He's turning 30 this year, so would be in the genuinely late stages of his career should we challenge in the next 2-3 years.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    How do people feel about Marc Murphy? Given our age profile and need for some more run and carry through the middle, do we think that he might offer some value to us as an unrestricted free agent? He's turning 30 this year, so would be in the genuinely late stages of his career should we challenge in the next 2-3 years.
    He'd be a good pick up as cream if we think the cake is good enough. I'm not convinced it is and bringing in a player like that when you're not quite there can hurt the upward trajectory, but If Bevo thinks we're in the window I'd back his judgement and try to make the deal.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Murphy would be a good pickup if we are in the window. I'm not convinced we are but then I didn't think we would win a flag in 2016 either.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quality person - knew people who played cricket with him and they could not speak highly enough of him, even when he was a late teenager.
    Not sure he leaves Carlton though. They don't want to end up like Melbourne in the Neeld years when they shipped of Joel McDonald then had no leaders as they tried to develop their kids.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers