Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 103 of 141 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So why would a player who only misses games through injury want to leave a club that took a chance on him as a mature aged player and gave him a great nickname?

What is the underlying reason he would want to leave?
    I'm guessing, but maybe he's another who's felt uncomfortable within the culture of the playing group?

It's a strange one but it's getting old. I'd prefer he demanded out if that's his preference rather than this I'll go if you can arrange it business but no sweat if you can't.

Something odd's going on.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dukedog View Post
    I have to ask. How bloody long did that take you. ? That is freakin amazing. I've sent it to all my family hahahahaha. I take my hat off
    Ha. Not long, it's a bunch of heads plonked onto a pinched background image really. Am more surprised and relieved others share the same juvenile sense of the ridiculous.

Ta for the kind words all - it belongs to the internet now so share as you please and let's hope it remains in the realm of fiction, my constitution can't cop a 3rd offseason of existential doom.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Ha. Not long, it's a bunch of heads plonked onto a pinched background image really. Am more surprised and relieved others share the same juvenile sense of the ridiculous.

Ta for the kind words all - it belongs to the internet now so share as you please and let's hope it remains in the realm of fiction, my constitution can't cop a 3rd offseason of existential doom.
    But the payoff is amazing! come on, you know you want it!

6. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    But the payoff is amazing! come on, you know you want it!
    Two of WOOF’s pop culture icons sharing the love...be still my heart!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing, but maybe he's another who's felt uncomfortable within the culture of the playing group?

It's a strange one but it's getting old. I'd prefer he demanded out if that's his preference rather than this I'll go if you can arrange it business but no sweat if you can't.

This has got to be the worst case scenario. Although also not ideal, could he have lost faith with the medical department? Or maybe he is superstitious and thinks he has bad juju.

Post Thanks / Like

The culture of the playing group might be a big part of it.
    It's all speculation until we hear from him but in most instances players want to leave to either go back to their home state or for improved playing opportunities and yet this doesn't appear to be the case for Adams.
    Given he has two years to go on his contract he would want to come up with a compelling reason.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Trade Winds: Huge Shiel bid, Pies miss on defender - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-0...r-hogans-price

afl.com.au reporting that Brisbane are offering Adams a four year deal.

For a player with a history of injury that's almost too good to refuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Trade Winds: Huge Shiel bid, Pies miss on defender - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-0...r-hogans-price

afl.com.au reporting that Brisbane are offering Adams a four year deal.

For a player with a history of injury that's almost too good to refuse.
    Jesus. What's his trade worth? I can't see their second rounder on the table. Sam Mayes seems gettable from reports. Reports were we we very keen on Cedric Cox in his draft year, he played just the 4 games this year.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 02-10-2018 at 09:16 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Adams is interesting.

From all reports (not media, people at West Perth) he is a great fella who genuinely loves being at our club.

But every year there are trade rumours.

My take is he is sick of being injured and is thinking more of a change of scenery/different approach to training and rehab might be the secret to getting more time on the park, NOT that he just wants out.

Happy to be corrected of course.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

13. Thanks S Coast Simon, hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Adams is interesting.

From all reports (not media, people at West Perth) he is a great fella who genuinely loves being at our club.

My take is he is sick of being injured and is thinking more of a change of scenery/different approach to training and rehab might be the secret to getting more time on the park, NOT that he just wants out.

AFL website reporting Brisbane is where he is likely to end up. They had the best injury record this year....may be something in that.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

They will have to offer well over his worth . He still has two years with us, could be a good pick coming our way.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Adams is interesting.

That's what I heard also. His girlfriend is local and prefers to stay in Melbourne rather than go home.

The Brisbane bid is an interesting one. I'll take McStay for Adams and our 2nd rounder or Dahl compo pick if we don't use it on the Wingard deal.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Adams is interesting.

I think that seems to be a fair assessment. It must get players down having to work with the rehab group all the time.
    Brisbane are becoming major players in this years trade period.

If they are offering a 4 year deal to him then they need to give something decent back to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    They will have to offer well over his worth . He still has two years with us, could be a good pick coming our way.
    I'm more ambivalent. We're seeing more and more that the biggest factor in footy club success is cultural buy in. If the guy doesn't want to be at the club, I have no problem letting him go.

Adams sounds like a really solid citizen, but if he thinks he'd be a better player somewhere else, I think you send him off and bring in someone that actually wants to be a part of your program.

Collingwood were a kick away from a flag with Goldsack and Howe playing key back - the names on the team sheet are becoming less significant compared to the culture and cohesion a footy club can create.

He's probably worth a pick in the 30s - no issue letting him go if Brisbane/whoever else brings one to the table.

19. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a fair point Lemmon, if players don't want to be at the club if the deal makes sense we should make that move but I'd really like to hear from him why he might be considering leaving us

21. Likes SonofScray liked this post