Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Dahl, Adams, Roughy, Biggs, Redders, Smith, Campbell, Honeychurch & Collins. That's a huge bit of salary cap. If we are replacing say 4 or 5 with first year draftee wages plus the rookies and Lloyd who wouldn't cost much, that's not quite a salary cap war chest, but if we can add trade currency to it, Wingard might not be the only good player we could pursue.
    That sounds awfully like a Josh Kelly sized hole waiting to be filled.

Even if not, I like that we've responded to the the past two years by not just turning over the soil but scorching the earth.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

2. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Dahl, Adams, Roughy, Biggs, Redders, Smith, Campbell, Honeychurch & Collins. That's a huge bit of salary cap. If we are replacing say 4 or 5 with first year draftee wages plus the rookies and Lloyd who wouldn't cost much, that's not quite a salary cap war chest, but if we can add trade currency to it, Wingard might not be the only good player we could pursue.
    I've told you already. We're getting May and Wingard.
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not getting pick 42 for Adams now; we need to either push for pick 22 or a player because 54 & 57 are not worth it because they have no real value especially after compo picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    It's a good result we are clearly earmarking Naughton, Young, Cordy with Trengove to assist as our key backs for the foreseeable future. Adams is a powerful but unreliable kick and is the type of player that could be over-rated by another club. Hoping this is the case for us. Seems we are clearing out the less skillful players (Biggs, Smith, Dahlhaus, Adams) and bringing in some foot skills (Lloyd and hopefully Wingard) to correct our disposal efficiency around the ground. Wingard's skill up forward would be such a massive bonus for us I hope we get him. We clearly have the cap now.
    Do you think the Adams departure would have Roberts re-thinking about his opportunities?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Do you think the Adams departure would have Roberts re-thinking about his opportunities?
    Adams only played 6 games this year through injury and Roberts still wasn't in the picture... He should be looking elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams has played 27 of a possible 70 games over the past 3 years. He has only ever played in the VFL when coming back from injury - it is a bit perplexing what gripe he has with the club that makes him want to go to the farthest point in the country (in a football sense) from the city he is 'homesick' for.

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming we let Adams go, I want us to (ironically) trade or draft for a mature key defender.

Any cheapies that are gettable? I look at somebody like a Dunn from Collingwood and think that type would be a good fit for us as defensive cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Assuming we let Adams go, I want us to (ironically) trade or draft for a mature key defender.

Any cheapies that are gettable? I look at somebody like a Dunn from Collingwood and think that type would be a good fit for us as defensive cover.
    Jack Hombsch looks on the way out at Port, but seems Gold Coast is his likely destination.

Sam Collins from Werribee (ex Freo) had a great year in the VFL but could well be one of the Carlton/Gold Coast pre-selections.

12. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Jack Hombsch looks on the way out at Port, but seems Gold Coast is his likely destination.
    Ruined by injury. Was a very good player until his hips gave way
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Ruined by injury. Was a very good player until his hips gave way

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather we target a high quality AFL standard hybrid defender rather than a crap taller defender. Someone like a Tom Langdon or even Tyson Goldsack if either of these two get squeezed out at Collingwood due to salary cap pressure. If we lose Adams, we need cover down back with players who can actually cut it at the level.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Are there any Tom Doedee style situations where a young gun with promise is wasting away in the twos because there is no spot for them?
    I heard people in Adelaide continually talking about how much of a gun Doedee was the year before he got a run (when Lever left) and he would have been ripe for the picking (out of contract, Victorian, no games) before Lever announced he was off.

Well, there’s Lewis Young. But I mean other examples.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Power on trade Radio

*Chad - haven't heard from him, we have made our intentions known we want him

* Adams - requested trade to Brisbane indicating he wants a fresh start. He is a required player and has a contract

*Roughead - Said he will explore his options under Free agency, haven't heard back from him at this stage

*Libba - should be signed soon, just nutting out a few things with his manager

*Lloyd - he indicated he wants to join us, now just a matter of working with Tigers.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Thanks kruder, Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'd rather we target a high quality AFL standard hybrid defender rather than a crap taller defender. Someone like a Tom Langdon or even Tyson Goldsack if either of these two get squeezed out at Collingwood due to salary cap pressure. If we lose Adams, we need cover down back with players who can actually cut it at the level.
    We can go for someone a little older as we have Khamis as a free kick at the draft.
    Andy Otten is slow but damn he's effective. Kept Ben Brown goalless late in the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We can go for someone a little older as we have Khamis as a free kick at the draft.
    Andy Otten is slow but damn he's effective. Kept Ben Brown goalless late in the year.
    Was almost best on against us here in the wet. My Adelaide supporting mate was saying before the game that it irritated the hell out of him that they weren’t playing him. Dependable +.

22. Likes Mofra liked this post