Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sam Power on trade Radio

*Chad - haven't heard from him, we have made our intentions known we want him

* Adams - requested trade to Brisbane indicating he wants a fresh start. He is a required player and has a contract

*Roughead - Said he will explore his options under Free agency, haven't heard back from him at this stage

*Libba - should be signed soon, just nutting out a few things with his manager

*Lloyd - he indicated he wants to join us, now just a matter of working with Tigers.
    He's nailed the right responses. Impressive start
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's nailed the right responses. Impressive start
    I hope the 1st response isnt true, re: Wingard. I'd hope we had more than just a hopeful hunch he was keen before going public.

Post Thanks / Like

Pleasantly surprised at the comments on Adams
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I hope the 1st response isnt true, re: Wingard. I'd hope we had more than just a hopeful hunch he was keen before going public.
    I know right. I'd hope we have been in Adelaide having a chat at a cafe at least. If that's all we have done I'd say he'll be wearing poo's and wee's colours next year.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this in The Chad Thread. I think there's more we are not saying, but Port seem to know about it and just told everyone:

Davies on Wingard: We only need to know if Chad doesn't want to be with us next year. I understand the Bulldogs have expressed the greater interest though (trade radio)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Pleasantly surprised at the comments on Adams
    That is just playing hard ball. David Noble, when interviewed said he was confident in getting a deal done.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind it, I think it's an indication we are very much in the mix and we should know soon.

He really can't say 'I suspect he will be coming to us' if Chad hasn't declared his hand with Port.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is just playing hard ball. David Noble, when interviewed said he was confident in getting a deal done.
    Interesting that one Lions fan mentioned Allison has a Vic gf so could consider a move even though he was an academy prospect.

TBH I 'd rather a player with a year or two in the system than a pick unless we trade it up to snare a player. We have a lot of kids, need some more mature talent.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    TBH I 'd rather a player with a year or two in the system than a pick unless we trade it up to snare a player. We have a lot of kids, need some more mature talent.
    Well...I'm plugging my other thread here but if you read Footballistics, the worst trades in footy history tend to involve the swapping of a fringe player for a draft pick. AKA if there is a player who either isn't getting a game at one club (or is in and out) then the same thing will happen at his new club...but the 'unknown player to be named later' (the draft pick), well, he just might be really, really good!

...so let's not be doing any of that!!! :-)
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

10. Likes bornadog, MrMahatma, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well...I'm plugging my other thread here but if you read Footballistics, the worst trades in footy history tend to involve the swapping of a fringe player for a draft pick. AKA if there is a player who either isn't getting a game at one club (or is in and out) then the same thing will happen at his new club...but the 'unknown player to be named later' (the draft pick), well, he just might be really, really good!

I’ve never heard that, but it makes all the sense in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs’ Trade eyes wide open

The Western Bulldogs’ General Manager of List and Recruiting Sam Power says the Club is maintaining an open-minded view as it enters the official NAB Trade Period.

The Bulldogs spent the day at Marvel Stadium with the other 17 clubs for day one of the Trade Period, which concludes on Wednesday, October 17.

“The first day is slightly different from what it used to be,” Power told westernbulldogs.com.au.

“Players used to have to meet with every club for 10 or 15 minutes, but a lot of those meetings now happen before the Trade Period actually starts these days.

“We’re obviously always looking to improve our list. We’re open to bringing players into the club, and we also want to maintain a strong draft position.”

Power addressed speculation around key defender Marcus Adams’ future, after the 25-year-old indicated his preferred new home was the Brisbane Lions.

“Over the weekend Marcus indicated that he would like to go to Brisbane,” he said.
    “He’s still contracted for another two years, and he’s a player that we want to retain.

“At the moment, there’s no more detail to give on that one. We’re hoping he’ll be a Bulldog in 2019.”
    Power also reaffirmed the Club’s interest in contracted Port Adelaide forward Chad Wingard, as well as Richmond’s Sam Lloyd.

“I mentioned last week that we’ve definitely got interest in Chad and we’ve signalled that to his management,” he said.
    “Sam’s indicated through his management that he’d like to come to the Bulldogs, which is fantastic for us.

“It’s now a matter of sitting down with Richmond over the next 10 days and working through what a trade might look like.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Historically perhaps, but there are unique circumstances in every scenario. As the 18th side in terms of age profile we're already an outlier to the mean and we're not going to be trading a pick for a player, more fringe player (albeit due injury) to someone who may be able to plug a whole in the barren wasteland that is our forward half.

If we get the Chad the need becomes far, far less urgent.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

This is something I hope our list management are on top of.

OK if we swap a pick for a mature age player, but that player needs to be better than fringe.
    It concerns me that we have committed to Lloyd. We cannot be giving away a pick.

The Shane Biggs trade was sense as we merely swapped 2 spots in the draft. Want Lloyd to cost nothing more than that.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Richmond have let Miles and Ellis go for an upgraded future 3rd round pick, so there's no reason for Lloyd to cost more than an upgraded pick or a late pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Well, Richmond have let Miles and Ellis go for an upgraded future 3rd round pick, so there's no reason for Lloyd to cost more than an upgraded pick or a late pick.
    To be fair there was probably something in the contract written in invisible ink that said and you won't match the Lynch bid.

17. Likes Topdog liked this post