Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Argh you read wrong Aza - I love the way Power was playing hardball. I was just mentioning what Noble said.

PS: You actually have it wrong about me and my stance in defending the club. I like to hear two sides of the story, and generally we only hear one, so I give the club the benefit of the doubt.
    I did misinterpret big time!

Powers laungague was very deliberate and very strong - almost lawyer like!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes GVGjr, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reports of our interest in Taylor Duryea is a trade week worst nightmare for me. A player I have never rated whatsoever and always disliked. I'm barracking for Sydney on this one !

4. Likes bornadog, Testekill, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The problem with that argument is that the serious foot injuries that occurred in 2016 and 2017 were both suffered in games against Sydney at the SCG.
    That might be the case, but if you are Adams and you keep getting struck down by foot and ankle issues do you start to look at all the factors that contribute to it? There is no secret that the Etihad surface is harder and takes it out of players, if I am Adams I am thinking getting myself off of it might just be the change needed to help end the horror run and prolong the career.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see some merit in Taylor Duryea.

We don’t have a small lock down defender. One that can sit on Eddie Betts, Fantasia etc.

-Lynch is not a natural defender
    -Jj more important for us attacking from HBF
    -Don’t see Suckling playing that role
    -Williams is midfield bound

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Connors says he's very confident that Lloyd will be at the dogs next year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs ready to hold Marcus Adams to contract despite Brisbane Lions trade request

BRISBANE is still optimistic it can secure Western Bulldogs defender Marcus Adams in a trade, despite the clubs not talking at Marvel Stadium.

Adams, 25, is contracted at Whitten Oval for another two years but has requested a move north. He would bolster the Lions’ backline playing alongside full-back Harris Andrews.

Brisbane is set to declare pick 22 off the table for Adams, given his injury history.

“We started some preliminary discussions with the Doggies (on Sunday),” Lions football boss David Noble said.

“We didn’t catch up with them today … but at least we’ve got 10 days to work our way through that.

“I’m not sure if they’re playing hard ball but certainly we’d like to have discussions with them.”

The Dogs have made it known they will not allow Adams an easy passage to the Lions.

“Marcus signalled that intention over the weekend, that he would like a fresh start at Brisbane,” Dogs list chief Sam Power said.

“From our end, Marcus has got two more years on a contract, so he’s a required player at the Western Bulldogs. We’ll hold him to the contract. He’s a required player.”

Adams has managed 27 games in three years because of injuries and pondered a move home to Perth in 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Western Bulldogs ready to hold Marcus Adams to contract despite Brisbane Lions trade request

BRISBANE is still optimistic it can secure Western Bulldogs defender Marcus Adams in a trade, despite the clubs not talking at Marvel Stadium.

Adams, 25, is contracted at Whitten Oval for another two years but has requested a move north. He would bolster the Lions’ backline playing alongside full-back Harris Andrews.

Brisbane is set to declare pick 22 off the table for Adams, given his injury history.

“We started some preliminary discussions with the Doggies (on Sunday),” Lions football boss David Noble said.

“We didn’t catch up with them today … but at least we’ve got 10 days to work our way through that.

“I’m not sure if they’re playing hard ball but certainly we’d like to have discussions with them.”

The Dogs have made it known they will not allow Adams an easy passage to the Lions.

“Marcus signalled that intention over the weekend, that he would like a fresh start at Brisbane,” Dogs list chief Sam Power said.

“From our end, Marcus has got two more years on a contract, so he’s a required player at the Western Bulldogs. We’ll hold him to the contract. He’s a required player.”

Adams has managed 27 games in three years because of injuries and pondered a move home to Perth in 2016.
    Well, well, Brisbane saying pick 22 off the table due to their misgivings about Adams' injury history is ridiculous given they're offering him a 3 year deal. On the one hand he's too risky to offer an early 2nd round, but they still have a healthy risk appetite to hold him for 3 years?
    Given they've got bugger all in valuable draft points for this year, I say jog on Brisbane, and see you at training Marcus

10. Likes WBFC4FFC, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm , so they’re willing to give him a better contract ,and they claim he’s injury prone

Post Thanks / Like

Fine, their 2019 first for our 2019 second.

Or pick 22.

Or let the adults talk to each other in peace.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes WBFC4FFC, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Well, well, Brisbane saying pick 22 off the table due to their misgivings about Adams' injury history is ridiculous given they're offering him a 3 year deal. On the one hand he's too risky to offer an early 2nd round, but they still have a healthy risk appetite to hold him for 3 years?
    Given they've got bugger all in valuable draft points for this year, I say jog on Brisbane, and see you at training Marcus
    All reports is that Brisbane have offered him four years.

Post Thanks / Like

This is where the silly season becomes the silly season. How a team can on one hand offer a 3 or 4 year deal to a contracted player an then suggest they have concerns about his long term viability is non-sensical. At the end of the day all it does is unsettle the player.

That said, I don't think Adams is worth pick 22. If he can get his body right he is worth pick 22, but that's a big if and on current form he is worth pick 30 at best, but no worse than pick 40. The problem is that Brisbane have nothing else that they can offer in that range.

Its all very well Adams coming out and stating he wants to play for Brisbane, but if they have nothing to offer its just wishful thinking.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given our significant commitment to him his desire to move smacks of disloyalty imo. One minute it is Perth next it is Brisbane. Hold him to his contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane now with picks 32, 41, 44 after a pick swap with the Suns. Does 32 get them Adams?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pedge View Post
    Brisbane now with picks 32, 41, 44 after a pick swap with the Suns. Does 32 get them Adams?
    I'd give them Adams just to get rid of him and be done with this farce.
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

32 for Adams is pretty good I reckon. I'd take it.