Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Well, the free agency window has officially closed. Nothing for Liberatore or Roughead?
    Yeah what happens now?

Edit:

Tom Browne
    I think pies potentially into Jordan Roughead. It’s early days but no one seems to be doing a great job dismissing it. Following up
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah what happens now?
    Guess it's one of trade, re-sign or delist.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Guess it's one of trade, re-sign or delist.
    Does this mean the players can no longer go to the club of their choice without a trade happening?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah what happens now?

Edit:

Tom Browne
    I think pies potentially into Jordan Roughead. It’s early days but no one seems to be doing a great job dismissing it. Following up
    Collingwood probably wouldn't want to impact their compo for Fasolo, as it was a third rounder which could get wiped out. At a guess if they were interested maybe it could be our pick 63 for their pick 57 for 70 extra draft points (63 into pick 51 - for 140 extra draft points - if they're generous).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean the players can no longer go to the club of their choice without a trade happening?
    They can walk out to the PSD and do it that way, with a degree of certainty. But Roughy went before 17 clubs with a free pass for picks, and all passed on him. I think from here it's a minor bump in the draft order if we are lucky.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They can walk out to the PSD and do it that way, with a degree of certainty. But Roughy went before 17 clubs with a free pass for picks, and all passed on him. I think from here it's a minor bump in the draft order if we are lucky.
    No need for the pre season draft, they can just sign where they like as a delisted free agent if they don't re-sign by the end of the month.

Post Thanks / Like

No need for the pre season draft, they can just sign where they like as a delisted free agent if they don't re-sign.
    We would need to first de-list them to have them categorised as such wouldn't we?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We would need to first de-list them to have them categorised as such wouldn't we?
    They either re-sign or they are delisted come the end of the month by virtue of not re-signing and being out of contract I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

They either re-sign or they are delisted come the end of the month by virtue of not re-signing and being out of contract I would think.
    Contracts end on October 31

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see him staying. I think if a club came along like WCE/Collingwood with a small cache of draft points by way of a small upgrade is how I see it fizzing out if he stays in the system. Maybe he has to do what Zac Clarke did and dominate a state league. Who would've thought on the 1st October 2016 this would be the discussion about Roughy?

Post Thanks / Like

I would keep him , he can still fill in if needed in a few places , I think he is honest and you can’t question his endeavour. I like him I think he is good for the group, he always seemed popular and a leader.
    I do believe we offered him a contract but also told him if he wants to look around go ahead.
    He has looked around nothing is around so I believe he might stay.
    Bring back the biff

14. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba update from our unofficial envoy ...

Precisely the sort of stuff any new deal might be highly contingent upon, you'd think.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes hujsh, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens tweeted May Unlikely
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah what happens now?

Edit:

Tom Browne
    He’s now tweeting that it’s a done deal. Roughy to the Pies.

Collingwood have a new recruit. The Dogs Jordan Roughead will sign on with the pies, announcement not far off #exclusive #pies @7AFL @7NewsMelbourne @triplemfooty #collingwood

20. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post