Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 16 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    And he doesn’t spread his fingers. You need to CLASP that ball. It’s fundamentally bad technique and I can’t believe it hasn’t been coached out of him.
    I still think for Tom it is all about confidence. In his first game back this year, he started at full forward, led strongly and clunked the ball. Before too long though he was at centre bounces.

If he could mark the ball so well in the grand final with 100000 watching and everything at stake, what has gone wrong?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I still think for Tom it is all about confidence. In his first game back this year, he started at full forward, led strongly and clunked the ball. Before too long though he was at centre bounces.

If he could mark the ball so well in the grand final with 100000 watching and everything at stake, what has gone wrong?
    I think it's equal parts concentration, confidence and technique. If the first two falter, the issues with the next come to the fore.

He's taken a few really solid contested marks this year and across his career, he can clearly do it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure this is an overwhelming sign that Wines is staying at Port.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...05-p4zjhy.html

We need to be chucking a shed load of money at him to bring him across. Given his age and abilities our first round pick (5, give or take) would be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

We need to be chucking a shed load of money at him to bring him across. Given his age and abilities our first round pick (5, give or take) would be worth it.
    Playing devil's advocate, is he what we need?

He's not overly quick, he's not a goal kicking mid and he hasn't got great skills.

I'd describe him as an adequate kick who is an absolute bull with leadership qualities. Could we do with him? Absolutely, but not sure he addresses some of our main concerns in the midfield and given what he'd cost, I don't think it would be a clear cut decision.

Those who know the draft well might be able to comment better.

I could also be convinced otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather target Gaff as a FA and keep our pick.

If Wallis is gone as they say we're probably only looking at a couple of hundred k extra to get him. He's far more like what we need.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest it's highly unlikely we'll be landing Gaff or relying on landing Gaff at this point in time, plus with both Libba and Wallis under a cloud I would suggest some hard running grunt is well and truly needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I just so happened to hear the SEN interview and he was far from convincing - basically admitted to fielding interest from other clubs and walked his comments from a few weeks ago about being a certainty to stay all the way back.

Putting two and two together I think something has happened to make him at least think about changing his mind. I'd love to have him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

He’d be a great fit for us .
    If we lost Dahl and Mitch you’d think we’d have some room .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I just so happened to hear the SEN interview and he was far from convincing - basically admitted to fielding interest from other clubs and walked his comments from a few weeks ago about being a certainty to stay all the way back.

Putting two and two together I think something has happened to make him at least think about changing his mind. I'd love to have him.
    Seems to be a bit of European football mentality now with managers trying to squeeze more money out of a club .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    He’d be a great fit for us .
    If we lost Dahl and Mitch you’d think we’d have some room .
    I'm wondering if we'd need room even if we signed those two. They certainly wouldn't be on any more than their current contracts (perhaps less), ditto Roughy, and the cap has increased.

Picken may well retire as well and we seem set for a largish clean out at the end of the year (thinking 6-8 list changes) after chasing Hurley recently. If Moz goes around again he'd probably be on reduced dollars as well.

Either way if we have the desire we should be in the hunt for Gaff (to keep the pick that we'd need for Wines) with the cap space to get him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Wines would be a massive get

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure of his contract status but I'd like us to have a serious crack at Chad Wingard. He seems to be treading water and has at least a couple of extra gears he can hit. Might also relish the opportunity to leave the SA fishbowl.

EDIT - he's up end of 2019
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I want us to be like most clubs, enjoying dealing with JMac if our pick 5 is on the table. Kelly or Congiolio would suffice.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Not sure of his contract status but I'd like us to have a serious crack at Chad Wingard. He seems to be treading water and has at least a couple of extra gears he can hit. Might also relish the opportunity to leave the SA fishbowl.
    Good mates with Trengove too. His tweet last year saying he hopes to play with Trengove again was awfully interesting.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Good mates with Trengove too. His tweet last year saying he hopes to play with Trengove again was awfully interesting.
    Ahh thats why we signed Trengove now I get it.