Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Good thing we signed Trengove for 4 years so we don't have to worry about when he's getting delisted.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Good thing we signed Trengove for 4 years so we don't have to worry about when he's getting delisted.
    Pretty sure its 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Putting contracts aside, because lets face it if you need to make room on the list you do:

1. I struggle to see how Trengove fits at the moment - as a defender he's an upgrade on Roberts, but not a fully fit Adams. Naughton in 10 to 15 games will be better and then there is Louis Young;

2. Roberts, yes I'll concede he is a candidate, especially with Trengove at the club. I think though that they wont delist him, especially if Morris retires;

3. Honeychurch - I can't see us right now delisting him. We may trade him if the right opportunity comes along, but he isn't a candidate for delisting, mainly because he plays a role for the team as a pressure player. Hey may be in and out of the team, but I think he'll stay;

4. Lynch - forgot about him - sort of a rookie so to me doesn't matter. I can't see who he would replace in the current team anyway;

5. Jong - is an interesting one. I would listen to offers. At his best, he is still behind Libba, Wally, Smith (when fit). That said I think he will stay. Another who Bevo rates because of his workrate and pressure acts;

6. Collins - will be given time. I know this is a broken record, but they will hold for at least until the end of next season, because his upside is huge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Pretty sure its 3 years.
    Awesome lucky us.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome lucky us.
    Happy Days, we were pretty lousy the first few games. Maybe he needs a few rounds in the Bulldogs plan B team to find his mojo? Port gave him a glowing farewell speech. At least that probably means he did something right, some of the time. But I'm a bit overly optimistic.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Happy Days, we were pretty lousy the first few games. Maybe he needs a few rounds in the Bulldogs plan B team to find his mojo? Port gave him a glowing farewell speech. At least that probably means he did something right, some of the time. But I'm a bit overly optimistic.
    Trengove is probably a great dude and of outstanding moraticular fortitude or whatever, but the bare bones of the situation is that we signed a player on the wrong side of 25 who hasn't shown anything on an AFL field in 18 months to a substantial long-term contract and it's proven thus far to be of zero benefit to our side.

Post Thanks / Like

Trengove is probably a great dude and of outstanding moraticular fortitude or whatever, but the bare bones of the situation is that we signed a player on the wrong side of 25 who hasn't shown anything on an AFL field in 18 months to a substantial long-term contract and it's proven thus far to be of zero benefit to our side.
    He has been played out of position since the moment we got him.
    He made his name as a defender and has hardly played there. Then we went and drafted Aaron Naughton who looks like a gun, Lewis Young seems to have continued his improvement, and made public noise about giving Collins more time.

Cordy is clearly in the best 22 so it's a weird mixed message we've given here especially when you consider we already had Roughy on the list playing a ruck/forward type role ad we have traded for Boyd & Schache.

Roberts must be expendable in this situation and we can barely develop these guys at VFL level with Campbell & NMM also running around.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I think we are being a little hasty writing of Trengove at the moment.

He does bring experience and versatility in a big body. We are short on for experience.

I would see how things unfold.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

10. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have we drafted/traded tall the last couple of years in the knowledge that West and Libba Jnr are coming through next season as F/S prospects? Kellett's son as well?

Our midfield core is still so young compared to other teams but we really need to bolster that area with increased depth from next year onwards - trade and draft preferably. We are a couple of key injuries away from midfield crisis at present.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I was fairly on the fence about getting Trengove - we've seen him for two games in our colours. One of which he cracked his shoulder at some point. Hardly think its time for his name to come up.

13. Likes hujsh, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I think we are being a little hasty writing of Trengove at the moment.

He does bring experience and versatility in a big body. We are short on for experience.

I would see how things unfold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    As much as I was fairly on the fence about getting Trengove - we've seen him for two games in our colours. One of which he cracked his shoulder at some point. Hardly think its time for his name to come up.

I agree that it's too soon. The guy can play, he gives us versatility, a big body and leadership on the field and they are all attributes we desperately need. I vote that we give him another few games before we retire or delist him.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

15. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Have we drafted/traded tall the last couple of years in the knowledge that West and Libba Jnr are coming through next season as F/S prospects? Kellett's son as well?

Our midfield core is still so young compared to other teams but we really need to bolster that area with increased depth from next year onwards - trade and draft preferably. We are a couple of key injuries away from midfield crisis at present.
    With Libba out currently we have been exposed a bit. Guys like Webb, Lipinski, Greene are not developing quick enough. These guys were meant to be future mids.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    With Libba out currently we have been exposed a bit. Guys like Webb, Lipinski, Greene are not developing quick enough. These guys were meant to be future mids.
    Fair enough on Webb but I don't think anyone expected Greene or Lipinski to have developed into midfielders at this early stage. Neither were natural midfielders when drafted, although they could develop into midfielders in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody Callan Ward, thats who we expected to have in our midfield now!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Bloody Callan Ward, thats who we expected to have in our midfield now!
    But then we might not have Macrae. Shaun Higgins would be handy too (used that pick on Webb).