Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 51 of 141 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

What sort of compo pick would we get for Dahl? Interestingly Motlop was worth an end of first round selection off the back of a 2mill 4 year contract. Surely Dahl would be getting something similar at the cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    What sort of compo pick would we get for Dahl? Interestingly Motlop was worth an end of first round selection off the back of a 2mill 4 year contract. Surely Dahl would be getting something similar at the cats.
    I think that is around the mark
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it, but if Dahl does go to cats, his output will probably increase. Cats have a mature and bigger body midfielders. He could sit at their feet: Duncan, Gutherie, ablett, dangerfield and the selwoods. When in the forward line, he can also crumb of all the bullocking from dangerfield, hawkins and Ragtouglea.

I remember Dahl in his first few years with his dreadlock hair, streaming forward and finding goals out of nowhere. He has that nous, and if he gets plenty of crumbs and protection from bigger bodies, he could get more goals. Unfortunately his been smashed up against other opponents because we don't yet have the bigger bodies, or shield our own players from bumps.

If Dahl and Wallis goes, I hate to say this but Honeychurch is looking safer as being retained. Is it just being in the right time right place, with all the forces of the universe leaving holes on our list that HC could fill, because the recruiting is not prepared to take a punt on a potential better player?

4. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Mayne was band 3 from memory? That's what I'd expect for Dahl, although this year there isn't too big a gap between band 2 and band 3.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Mayne was band 3 from memory? That's what I'd expect for Dahl, although this year there isn't too big a gap between band 2 and band 3.
    Yes Freo received second round compensation, however Mayne was 27 (about to turn 28) when he went to Collingwood, Dahlhaus is 26. That works in our favour as dollars and age are the important factors in compensation, not contract length.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I hate to say it, but if Dahl does go to cats, his output will probably increase. Cats have a mature and bigger body midfielders. He could sit at their feet: Duncan, Gutherie, ablett, dangerfield and the selwoods. When in the forward line, he can also crumb of all the bullocking from dangerfield, hawkins and Ragtouglea.

I remember Dahl in his first few years with his dreadlock hair, streaming forward and finding goals out of nowhere. He has that nous, and if he gets plenty of crumbs and protection from bigger bodies, he could get more goals. Unfortunately his been smashed up against other opponents because we don't yet have the bigger bodies, or shield our own players from bumps.

If Dahl and Wallis goes, I hate to say this but Honeychurch is looking safer as being retained. Is it just being in the right time right place, with all the forces of the universe leaving holes on our list that HC could fill, because the recruiting is not prepared to take a punt on a potential better player?

Agree w this completely. He seems to have lost his hunger and for whatever reason is struggling to regain it at the dogs. He played his best game for us this year against the cas when he brought his highest intensity and desperation to the contest. Thought he brought it the following week but then got injured which is a massive shame because a strong finish to the year surely would have done wonders in terms of the contract we’re prepared to offer. My gut tells me we aren’t offering him a longer contract because his work rate has been lower than they want and there is worry that a long contract could make him complacent. Could be wrong, just a hunch.

Def don’t want him to go and will hate seeing him in another teams colours, buuuuut an end of first round compo would be amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Fox Sports reporting Dahl to Geelong for 4 years at 500 k.

Good luck to him. Was hoping they'd fork out a bit more cash - he deserves it for what he's given us.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Fox footy ...

LUKE Dahlhaus is destined to join Geelong on a long-term deal at the end of the season.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the 2016 Western Bulldogs premiership player has a four-year offer believed to be worth more than $500,000 per season from Geelong.

Depending on Geelong’s exact offer for Dahlhaus, it’s highly likely the Bulldogs would receive at least a mid-second round selection as compensation for losing him and maybe even a late first-round pick.

This selection would be bundled to ensure the Dogs can select Melbourne-based teenager West without using their top-10 pick.

Link
    If Dahl heart is not in it for us anymore and we can get West with his compensation pick, probably that the best for all.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

With the similarities to Motlop. I’d want end of first round for a 26yo, four years & $500,000+. The AFEL know we will chew threw it on Rhylee West, so just give us the extra 7 or so spots worth of draft points. Which will in part compensate us for losing draft points when they throw priority picks around like confetti.

Good for you Dahl, thanks for your service, but I have no wishes for Geelong to win any finals.

A tough call, but the right call for the list manager.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Fox Sports reporting Dahl to Geelong for 4 years at 500 k.

Good luck to him. Was hoping they'd fork out a bit more cash - he deserves it for what he's given us.
    If true and based on his form over the last two years he looks to have secured a very good deal for himself
    I think we would have been close to that per year but would have only offered a 3 year deal and possibly an incentive based one

For a number of years he was a quality player, good luck to him

I thought he was still a strong chance to stay
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

He was an enormous contributor to our flag, and was a shining light during the really crappy years prior to Bevo arriving.

I won't miss him butchering the ball like he was prone to doing over the past few years but I'll miss seeing him in our colours for sure.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s clear this is about Rhylee. I’m prepared to bet that by the end of the contract, if not after 3 years, Rhylee will have Dahl covered. So if this is about new talent, the best talent, rebuilding our midfield for sustained success, for the best players possible, then this is a good call. The balance of our picks now cover Khamis nearly certainly. So we are squared away for these boys. Great news for our talent profile.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

My head has thought this was a good idea for a while now but seeing this reported tonight does sadden my heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems inevitable now. Sad to see him go, as he’s been terrific for the club and his love of playing in the red, white & blue through his years has been really visible and obvious - and at his best he would deadset get his head knocked off for the club.

If he is leaving, I hope and suspect that our supporters will be respectful about it, given what he has given us.

Post Thanks / Like

So far everything Tom Morris reports on Foxfooty is rubbish. I will wait till it's confirmed.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes Topdog liked this post