Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 52 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Fox Sports reporting Dahl to Geelong for 4 years at 500 k.

Good luck to him. Was hoping they'd fork out a bit more cash - he deserves it for what he's given us.
    Even the stars at Geelong accept unders according to C. Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

Dahl wants to stay. But we obviously think he's not worth what Geelong are offering. I'm fine with that. But i just hope this attitude doesn't upset the playing group too much. It's a fine line between offering a player what we see as his worth and keeping the playing group loyal and together....

Post Thanks / Like

I know we are supposed to embrace this new modern AFL world where players move clubs more frequently (and the AFL PA have been pushing for more freedom for years). But let's be very careful we don't destroy the competition by a thousand cuts. One of the great things about our game is the players loyalty and the players attachment to their clubs.

The "Dollhouse" is one of my children's fabourite player. They have been proud members of the Dahlhaus Clubhouse and my daughter proudly wears the number #6 on her back. She will cry when I tell her he is leaving and she won't understand (she is 10).

I actually think it's probably the right move to let him walk on those terms as we have so many similar types and West will clearly go past him in a couple of years ..... But ... to let another Premiership player leave our club and to see him run around in different colours will hurt all Bulldog supporters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I know we are supposed to embrace this new modern AFL world where players move clubs more frequently (and the AFL PA have been pushing for more freedom for years). But let's be very careful we don't destroy the competition by a thousand cuts. One of the great things about our game is the players loyalty and the players attachment to their clubs.

The "Dollhouse" is one of my children's fabourite player. They have been proud members of the Dahlhaus Clubhouse and my daughter proudly wears the number #6 on her back. She will cry when I tell her he is leaving and she won't understand (she is 10).

I actually think it's probably the right move to let him walk on those terms as we have so many similar types and West will clearly go past him in a couple of years ..... But ... to let another Premiership player leave our club and to see him run around in different colours will hurt all Bulldog supporters.
    Interesting point about the Dahlhaus Clubhouse. The club better have an alternative strategy for it already. Who would you daughters lean towards? Boyd, Bonts, Richards (kind of looks like Ed Sheeran)?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post

It wont hurt as much as if English , Williams or Naughton left in a few years.

Saving 200k here and there could be very important.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Interesting point about the Dahlhaus Clubhouse. The club better have an alternative strategy for it already. Who would you daughters lean towards? Boyd, Bonts, Richards (kind of looks like Ed Sheeran)?
    Fergus!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    It wont hurt as much as if English , Williams or Naughton left in a few years.

Saving 200k here and there could be very important.
    I worry about Naughton and English....WA recruits are risky

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I worry about Naughton and English....WA recruits are risky
    Outside of Hamling who probably had good reason we haven't had too many issues.
    It's a consideration but I'd back us to pick the right types that can handle relocations.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Outside of Hamling who probably had good reason we haven't had too many issues.
    It's a consideration but I'd back us to pick the right types that can handle relocations.
    I think the both of them are the best types you can get. Naughton grew up in Melbourne and English is a country boy who do seem to be more loyal and less affected by relocation. TBH i have more concern over Naughton than English. Always worried me he took longer to extend than Richards and then only extended for a year as opposed to 2 like Richards....but he did extend! I think if we start stringing together good performances and regularly play finals, it'd be hard for any player to want to leave

11. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While I will miss Dahlhaus's tenacity, his poor kicking and lack of versatility have ultimately limited him in the current side.

To be honest we haven't missed him one bit since he has been out injured, midfield has been functioning better than ever and we are kicking more accurately. I totally forgot he was even injured.

I think it is pretty clear that Bevo is focussing on specific types of players (elite disposal skills, multi-positional), and there are a few that just haven't been able to make that criteria.
    Dahlhaus, Honeychurch, Biggs, Roughead for example.
    I think Wallis was a real worry but has busted his gut and put in some good performances up forward and in the middle. Has shown that he is a very accurate kick for goal as well when we needed someone to stand up.

We will see a bit of a clean up this off-season, and the club will look to bring in some more talent.

An Andrew Gaff type would be perfect I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a rumour on Twitter - Adams wanting to go home again??? Anyone heard anything. I don't believe in rumours , but who knows.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    While I will miss Dahlhaus's tenacity, his poor kicking and lack of versatility have ultimately limited him in the current side.

To be honest we haven't missed him one bit since he has been out injured, midfield has been functioning better than ever and we are kicking more accurately. I totally forgot he was even injured.

I think it is pretty clear that Bevo is focussing on specific types of players (elite disposal skills, multi-positional), and there are a few that just haven't been able to make that criteria.
    Dahlhaus, Honeychurch, Biggs, Roughead for example.
    I think Wallis was a real worry but has busted his gut and put in some good performances up forward and in the middle. Has shown that he is a very accurate kick for goal as well when we needed someone to stand up.

We will see a bit of a clean up this off-season, and the club will look to bring in some more talent.

An Andrew Gaff type would be perfect I think.
    Agree with all of this CD.

Funnily enough, I think Luke would be a good fit for Geelong so really it's a win for everyone.

That's footy these days. I'll always love Dahl, but I love the club more.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed - Delists, Kieran Collins and NMM from rookie list
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Collins and NM-M delisted. We're cutting hard by the looks.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't read like Collins will be reconsidered for a rookie spot.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -