Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 59 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It was interesting Smith played forward last week, and did ok.
    He did some nice things in the 1st qtr, but was quiet for the rest of the game. Maybe we try him up forward as I have little faith in his ability to defend.

Post Thanks / Like

The Age reporting Libba and Wallis close to signing on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    They're absolutely required players.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Still sons of the west: Mitch Wallis and Tom Liberatore to sign on

Western Bulldogs midfield duo Tom Liberatore and Mitch Wallis are close to re-committing to the club.

Wallis' future has been the subject of intense speculation with the 25-year-old receiving tempting offers from rival sides including Essendon and the Brisbane Lions, while Liberatore has spent the last year of his contract in 2018 recovering from a ruptured ACL he sustained in round one.

The Age understands the pair, who were taken with father-son selections in the 2010 national draft, will soon sign on with the Western Bulldogs with contract terms being finalised. Their commitment represents a significant boost for the fledgling side's midfield stocks.

Liberatore, 25, was one of the best clearance players in the AFL from 2012-16 before a drop in form in 2017. He was crucial in the Bulldogs' 2016 premiership. He enjoyed a strong and uninterrupted pre-season to the 2018 campaign and was understood to be back to his physical peak before being cruelly struck down in round one.

His teammate Wallis was controversially dropped twice in 2018 which fuelled speculation about his future at the Whitten Oval. However later in the season coach Luke Beveridge revealed the club had offered Wallis a contract.

"Mitch Wallis is a prime example of a player we've had some conversations around what's going to improve him as a player, and we know how capable he can be."

It's understood those improvements were around the defensive side of his game.

Wallis played the last 10 games of the season spending time in the midfield and forward. He kicked 15 goals in that stretch (20 for the season) including bags of three against Hawthorn and Melbourne.

Once they sign the dotted line they will join Roarke Smith and Dale Morris in re-committing to the club after season's end.

It is all but assured that Luke Dahlhaus will depart the Bulldogs for Geelong, who are offering the midfielder a better contract. He will likely be followed by Jack Redpath and Jordan Roughead, whose destinations are unknown.

Billy Gowers and Tory Dickson are expected to stay however, while the futures of Lin Jong, Brad Lynch and Tom Campbell remain unclear.

After a tough 2017 and a difficult start to 2018 the Bulldogs came home in impressive fashion, winning three of their last four games and losing narrowly to Richmond at the MCG.

Beveridge was able to regain more experienced players through that stronger period with the sides he fielded through 2018 regularly the youngest in the competition.

The late-season purple patch came on the back of sterling displays by their classier players such as Marcus Bontempelli, Lachie Hunter, Caleb Daniel, Jack Macrae, Josh Dunkley and Jason Johannisen. Morris' return from injury was also vital.

They were aided by significant contributions from youngsters Gowers, Patrick Lipinski, Aaron Naughton and Ed Richards.

With Liam Picken set to attempt to return from concussion complications in 2019, added to the return of Liberatore and hopefully Tom Boyd, the Bulldogs will head into their next campaign with an optimism that seemed unlikely in the first half of 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They're absolutely required players.
    Agree. They are both very important.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. Now get Libba’s knees cherry ripe.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

And yet the people on bigfooty going full chicken little over Libba & Wallis will say nothing because they can never be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    And yet the people on bigfooty going full chicken little over Libba & Wallis will say nothing because they can never be wrong.
    Why I don't read it
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Why I don't read it
    I still have a big footy account but I don't log in very often. I much prefer WOOF and I'm and active member on this forum helping with the game day threads and match day set threads etc.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I still have a big footy account but I don't log in very often. I much prefer WOOF and I'm and active member on this forum helping with the game day threads and match day set threads etc.
    Be careful admitting that Eastie - a rumour may start in this thread about you wanting to be traded to big footy!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Be careful admitting that Eastie - a rumour may start in this thread about you wanting to be traded to big footy!

No way would we trade Easty! Another site could even begin to settle our demands.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a WOOF man through and through!

Post Thanks / Like

Jordan Roughead to WestCoast
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Roughead to meet with Eagles

Mitch Cleary

Aug 31, 2018 12:57PM

WESTERN Bulldogs premiership ruckman Jordan Roughead has jetted into Perth as he prepares to meet with West Coast on Friday.

Accompanied by manager Bruce Kaider, restricted free agent Roughead will discuss the prospect of filling the void left by injured Eagles ruckman Nic Naitanui.

AFL.com.au understands that the 27-year-old has informed the Dogs of his intentions to explore free agency this off-season.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post