Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 7 of 141 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Pretty much nailed it Aza . Roberts and Red have another year ?
    I could see Wally staying ahead of Jong , and I think big Tom Campbell is gone .

2. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Collins is a tricky one. He is still young and deserves more time, but with Cordy, Young and Naughton going past him, Trengove coming in, Adams in the mix and Roberts still contracted, is he simply surplus to requirements? If we could trade him for say something in the 30s/40s would we take it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Collins is a tricky one. He is still young and deserves more time, but with Cordy, Young and Naughton going past him, Trengove coming in, Adams in the mix and Roberts still contracted, is he simply surplus to requirements? If we could trade him for say something in the 30s/40s would we take it?
    I'd rather keep Collins an extra year, and if it's a delistment next year so be it. Koby Stevens was a deficit draft points trade, Collins current worth is even less than that. No one wanted Campbell or Honeychurch last year at the trade table. If someone has to move, who has any value, I'd nominate Roberts to move on.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'd rather keep Collins an extra year, and if it's a delistment next year so be it. Koby Stevens was a deficit draft points trade, Collins current worth is even less than that. No one wanted Campbell or Honeychurch last year at the trade table. If someone has to move, who has any value, I'd nominate Roberts to move on.
    I disagree that Collins trade value would be less than Stevens. He is a high draft pick 20yo kpp, totally different to a mid20s mid. I agree if his trade value is minimal then keep him.

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree that Collins trade value would be less than Stevens. He is a high draft pick 20yo kpp, totally different to a mid20s mid. I agree if his trade value is minimal then keep him.
    Let's focus on agreement, I think we keep him. Koby showed he could play at the level. But I still like Collins, it's just he shares the same DNA as Tom Williams. So I'd give him one more. But if he can't string AFL games together by next year, I think that's an easy delisting. But I'm hoping we can get him fit and strong and have an even bigger fight to get picked in the back 6. Just not sure I'd put money on it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Trengove coming in
    Listening to Bevo today, he said when he spoke to Trengove about coming to the club, it was for mainly Ruck/Fwd duties and he would only go back to FB if we had to send him there. So we can assume he is not a backman.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Listening to Bevo today, he said when he spoke to Trengove about coming to the club, it was for mainly Ruck/Fwd duties and he would only go back to FB if we had to send him there. So we can assume he is not a backman.
    But Trengove has said he has trained for all 3 positions at the Dogs and he has played a lot of footy there for Port. I think he would play there if required and can be included in the stock that give us kpd depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Collins would be worth about as much as Jason Tutt, who was picked up by Carlton as a DFA. Ditto Hamling, DFA.
    He's played one game in 3 years and is not quick in an era where teams are playing smaller and faster forwardlines.
    If we did trade him I assume it would be for a pick with little to no points value attached.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Collins would be worth about as much as Jason Tutt, who was picked up by Carlton as a DFA. Ditto Hamling, DFA.
    He's played one game in 3 years and is not quick in an era where teams are playing smaller and faster forwardlines.
    If we did trade him I assume it would be for a pick with little to no points value attached.
    You may be right but the difference between Collins and others you mentioned is that he came into the system highly valued. Players like Aish, Anderson and O'Meara (and many others) were considered flops at their first club but still attracted high trade values (all got first rounders or equivalent). Collins will have depreciated, but not enough to be valueless.

I don't see any evidence that key defenders are of diminishing value. We used a top 10 for Naughton, Melbourne used 2 first rounders for Lever and Carlton recently used a #1 for Weitering. Although small forwardlines are fashionable, all teams still use at least 1 tall forward (some 2 or 3) so teams still need a few kpds on their list.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think Trengove will make it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Do you think Trengove will make it?
    So far I am not impressed. GWS game he had 3 handballs and a kick, which was a massive worry. I will wait and see on this one as I know he played some good footy at Port.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So far I am not impressed. GWS game he had 3 handballs and a kick, which was a massive worry. I will wait and see on this one as I know he played some good footy at Port.
    He did play a big chunk of that game at FF in a team getting flogged. In R2 he looked better largely playing kpd (13 posessions) despite injuring his shouder. Agree jury is still out though.

Post Thanks / Like

The concern for mine is that Trengove has started like he finished at Port. I cant remember a player playing second grade football getting a 3 year deal at another club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    The concern for mine is that Trengove has started like he finished at Port. I cant remember a player playing second grade football getting a 3 year deal at another club.
    How quickly we forget "explosive animal" Liam Jones.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

16. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at Ports defence now, they have a pretty good backline in Housten, jonas, howard, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Jack Hombsch and Marshall. Marshal looks like a good player who knows how to kick, play at both ends and a good mark.

I can see now why port let him go. Is Trengrove more just depth as our Young backmen mature? Giving 3 years sounds like a reasonable insurance time for them to developer. Trengrove offers bonus of playing in ruck, so our younger players don't get smashed in that position.

Kinda like keep jarred waite for Wood of north melbourne.