Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 8 of 141 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Do you think Trengove will make it?
    Trengrove will be our Chris Mayne unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I don't believe it will be that bad. He was brought in as a second ruck/Fwd as our young rucks develop.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    We've already had a Jade Rawlings.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone interested in De Goey?

He seems like a little bastard but he is also an incredible talent. He's come back from his suspension looking like a Toby Greene clone, and is the sort of player we really need. Plus there's clearly a lot of upside there.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

If he up for trade or out of contract?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Anyone interested in De Goey?

He seems like a little bastard but he is also an incredible talent. He's come back from his suspension looking like a Toby Greene clone, and is the sort of player we really need. Plus there's clearly a lot of upside there.
    How would a trade look?

P.s. Out of contract Hujsh
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    How would a trade look?

P.s. Out of contract Hujsh
    Cannot see him leaving Collingwood
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can't see us putting up something worth Collingwood considering it. This year is difficult for us unless a big name leaves us, bigger than a Dahl type.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

(I swear I already posted this so sorry if it doubles up)

Couldn't we just sign him?

If we have a more attractive offer and he wants to come then realistically, between the tremendous influence of the AFLPA and the general culture around free agency and overcompensation, Collingwood probably won't be able to do much besides bluster to stop it.

It's easy to say "our first pick" but giving up a good first round pick never really works, and developing the best talent from the draft (which you 90% of the time get inside the top 10-15) is always the best way to build a list. If we absolutely have to trade I would want it to be a player/second-pick package (Dunkley/Young/Williams?), but I'd much prefer RFA.

Post Thanks / Like

De Goey is going to be very expensive ($700-$800K a season). Hard to see him leaving the Pies. Kind of owes it to them to sign on again!

Huge talent.

Post Thanks / Like

If we have a more attractive offer and he wants to come then realistically, between the tremendous influence of the AFLPA and the general culture around free agency and overcompensation, Collingwood probably won't be able to do much besides bluster to stop it.

It's easy to say "our first pick" but giving up a good first round pick never really works, and developing the best talent from the draft (which you 90% of the time get inside the top 10-15) is always the best way to build a list. If we absolutely have to trade I would want it to be a player/second-pick package (Dunkley/Young/Williams?), but I'd much prefer RFA.
    DeGoey's not eligible for any form of free agency.

Post Thanks / Like

This is where Dahl is vital this year with RFAs. The key to really abusing free agency to me is to try to eliminate incoming and outgoing agents in the one period. Carlton brought in Daisy Thomas, let go Eddie Betts and got no compo. Far from ideal.

If Dahl is going to sign, then I'd go hard at Gaff. Hard. But if Dahl goes for a first rounder compo, and Gaff's contract is equal or more then there's no compo for us. It's just effectively a trade, not a very good player for no loss. Roughy won't change the free agency needle if he wanted to look around, but Dahl could. So hopefully we are trying to nail things down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    DeGoey's not eligible for any form of free agency.
    Well there you go.

Guess it would have to be a trade - I'd probably do any of those I outlined.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He is an absolute gun and will only get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This is where Dahl is vital this year with RFAs. The key to really abusing free agency to me is to try to eliminate incoming and outgoing agents in the one period. Carlton brought in Daisy Thomas, let go Eddie Betts and got no compo. Far from ideal.

If Dahl is going to sign, then I'd go hard at Gaff. Hard. But if Dahl goes for a first rounder compo, and Gaff's contract is equal or more then there's no compo for us. It's just effectively a trade, not a very good player for no loss. Roughy won't change the free agency needle if he wanted to look around, but Dahl could. So hopefully we are trying to nail things down.
    I think you maybe over estimating the value of Dahl in free agency. No one showed much interest last year and so not sure they will up the ante this year.