Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 82 of 141 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Interesting stat from Sir Swamp Things off Twitter

I was surprised we are so high on the list.

Players in 2018 who are still at same club as they were at in 2012 (start of 18 team comp)

14 ADEL GWS HAW WBD WCE
    12 RICH
    11 FREM GEEL SYD
    10 GCS
    9 ESS NTH PORT
    8 COLL STK
    6 CARL
    5 BRIS
    4 MELB
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would love Kelly at our club and would love Gaff and would love Wingard but the money there talking about is out of control. We paid way overs for Boyd but that was a little revenge involved as well. these players offered over a million dollars a season are only worth about 750 to 800 at their existing clubs. And should only be worth this much at the new club. North especially are so desperate to get one they offer ridiculous amounts of money and length of contract. The pressure on them at a new club on that sort of money is a lot to burden. As long as we avoid pick six we will get a dam good player in the first round. That Rozee (sorry if not correct spelling) would be a very nice edition. The video posted earlier seemed to be from one game. If so he is a pretty smooth mover with great skills.

3. Likes Testekill, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mackenzie out retired from WCE, perhaps that shines a bigger light on Adams prospects of going home?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Mackenzie out retired from WCE, perhaps that shines a bigger light on Adams prospects of going home?
    If MacKenzie was a member of their best 22 it might be a strong possibility, but Adams would be behind McGovern & Barrass who play similar roles so I'm not sure there would be much interest from both parties... unless the pull to return to WA meant he was happy to go even if he wasn't assured of a spot in their best 22.

6. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If MacKenzie was a member of their best 22 it might be a strong possibility, but Adams would be behind McGovern & Barrass who play similar roles so I'm not sure there would be much interest from both parties... unless the pull to return to WA meant he was happy to go even if he wasn't assured of a spot in their best 22.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that for whatever reason they don't rate Barrass all that much.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that for whatever reason they don't rate Barrass all that much.
    I've always thought that Barrass was the stopper that allows McGovern to have freedom to zone off and intercept. Not sure Adams can do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Ricky Nixon
    ‏@rickynixontoot
    16h16 hours ago
    More
    Sam Lloyd out of TiggggerTown to Doogies

10. Thanks Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I've always thought that Barrass was the stopper that allows McGovern to have freedom to zone off and intercept. Not sure Adams can do that.
    Tom Cole showed some real signs as well, not sure if he's a legitimate KPD but seems highly rated.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

12. Thanks Pickenitup thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Tom Cole showed some real signs as well, not sure if he's a legitimate KPD but seems highly rated.
    Cole isn't a KPD at all, he's 186cm.

Barrass is a very good player and a fine intercept mark as well. They also have Schofield who is solid. Not sure they have any great need for Adams who I think would find it harder to get a game at the Eagles than he does here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Barrass is young and way good enough already. I don't think 1m is outrageous money anymore. Sure the Franklin's / Boyd's were trailblazers but pretty soon, like now, every elite talent is going to be around the mark.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    I personally would love Kelly at our club and would love Gaff and would love Wingard but the money there talking about is out of control.
    People keep saying this...why??? The salary cap is the salary cap...if there is $300K difference between the minimum and the average...and a lot of guys are on the minimum, well - that means there are a lot of players earning a LOT more.

800K for Gaff - a multiple All Australian mid in his mid 20's - seems like UNDERS.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    People keep saying this...why??? The salary cap is the salary cap...if there is $300K difference between the minimum and the average...and a lot of guys are on the minimum, well - that means there are a lot of players earning a LOT more.

800K for Gaff - a multiple All Australian mid in his mid 20's - seems like UNDERS.
    Exactly. We have to pay the money to somebody. Whether that is right or wrong is a different story for another day.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Exactly. We have to pay the money to somebody. Whether that is right or wrong is a different story for another day.
    Thinking about salary cap , should there be a maximum set on the most you can pay a player a year ? Eg a team can only pay a maximum of 1 million a year to a player .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Thinking about salary cap , should there be a maximum set on the most you can pay a player a year ? Eg a team can only pay a maximum of 1 million a year to a player .
    Too many people get hung up on what players are paid. I for one don't care, as long as we get the right players on the list and don't lose the ones we want to keep.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Could you imagine the song and dance the players would put on, if that was the case.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"