Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 83 of 141 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Stevo says we're having a crack in for Wingard!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

2. Thanks wimberga thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Dude has been wasted in the midfield; Port should have never taken him & Gray out of the forward line. Hopefully we learn from them and keep him up forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Does our first round pick get the deal done or will it need something else?

Part of me wants us to consider trading for a ready made player but given how far we have slipped back should we focus more on rebuilding from the draft rather than the trade table?

Also, if Lachie Neale is available would he be a better fit for us than Wingard?
    Adams and our first pick gets that deal done and Fremantle would then have the chips to make a strong play for Hogan
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

And let’s see what happens now!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Does our first round pick get the deal done or will it need something else?

Part of me wants us to consider trading for a ready made player but given how far we have slipped back should we focus more on rebuilding from the draft rather than the trade table?

Also, if Lachie Neale is available would he be a better fit for us than Wingard?
    Adams and our first pick gets that deal done and Fremantle would then have the chips to make a strong play for Hogan
    pick 6 for Wingard

2019 1st pick + Adams for May
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

I think I could handle this.

"I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Someone on Bigfooty described this as our Hawthorn/Burgoyne moment and it's difficult to argue with that statement. Sometimes you have to overpay to get it done but Wingard is a freak talent. Could use a kick up the arse at times and he's a bit of a smug shit but there's a lot to be excited about.

9. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

pick 6 for Wingard

So Wingard, May and rights over West, Khamis (2 GWV players), Liberatore, Kellett over 2 years. I guess that’s ok...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So Wingard, May and rights over West, Khamis (2 GWV players), Liberatore, Kellett over 2 years. I guess that’s ok...
    You got us Boyd. I'm sure you can do this.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

pick 6 for Wingard

This is one of the things that concerns me about Wingard
    Wingard has played 147 games with Port Adelaide since he was a first-round call (No. 6) in the 2011 AFL national draft. But the great promise from Wingard’s first 50 games in 2012-13 — that were celebrate with the John Cahill Medal as club champion and All-Australian honours in 2013 — has not always held up in recent years.

After a career-high 53 goals in 2015 — his other All-Australian season — Wingard’s return on the scoreboard has fallen to 38 goals in 18 games in 2016, 24 from 19 last year and 22 from 21 this season when his form sharpened with a move to the midfield after drawing much criticism about his laconic form in attack.

I understand that many brilliant players are laconic in their nature but I want a genuine hunger in any payer we trade for. Over the last couple of years I've had my fill of players who don't appear to be giving their all.
    Of course few of them have Wingards ability but I'd want to be sure he's going to show up for work each day and that we could get him back to being a real threat in the forward line. 20 to 30 goals a season wouldn't be enough for more and it would need to be closer to 35+

Failing that give me the next Naughton or Richards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Dude has been wasted in the midfield; Port should have never taken him & Gray out of the forward line. Hopefully we learn from them and keep him up forward.
    I haven’t followed him but read his first half of the season in the forward line was poor and his second half predominantly in the midfield was excellent?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This is one of the things that concerns me about Wingard
    Wingard has played 147 games with Port Adelaide since he was a first-round call (No. 6) in the 2011 AFL national draft. But the great promise from Wingard’s first 50 games in 2012-13 — that were celebrate with the John Cahill Medal as club champion and All-Australian honours in 2013 — has not always held up in recent years.

After a career-high 53 goals in 2015 — his other All-Australian season — Wingard’s return on the scoreboard has fallen to 38 goals in 18 games in 2016, 24 from 19 last year and 22 from 21 this season when his form sharpened with a move to the midfield after drawing much criticism about his laconic form in attack.

I understand that many brilliant players are laconic in their nature but I want a genuine hunger in any payer we trade for. Over the last couple of years I've had my fill of players who don't appear to be giving their all.
    Of course few of them have Wingards ability but I'd want to be sure he's going to show up for work each day and that we could get him back to being a real threat in the forward line. 20 to 30 goals a season wouldn't be enough for more and it would need to be closer to 35+

Failing that give me the next Naughton or Richards
    I have said it before, I don't think he is an A -grader at the moment, and pick 7 is too generous.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have said it before, I don't think he is an A -grader at the moment, and pick 7 is too generous.
    On ability I don't think that is correct though. He's an immensely talented player and if we are confident of getting back close to his best then pick 7 seems about right. Does his form line warrant it though and have Port simply misused him?

My concerns are more about why he is wanting to leave because if it's just for money I don't think that is a great fit for us.
    Also with Dickson and Picken signed on for next year and with Dunkley and Bontempelli spending time forward would we have a logjam for that mid sized forward role?
    Does Wingard apply a lot of defensive forward pressure?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    You got us Boyd. I'm sure you can do this.
    I think Doc is onto an ‘aggressive’ strategy, which the club says we will be.

Pick 6 is a good start for Wingard. We have enough cap in my estimation to pursue a Wingard or Gaff. Wingard & Trengove are best mates, so we’ve got an inside track. We both like players of other clubs talking to other players. There’s something here.

May wants back to Victoria, and he knows we’ve wanted him for years. Adams wants a trade, and is arguably one of the best mature KPD that GCS could find. They need mature players, add in 2019 first rounder and that’s a good start.

They’re plausible starting points. Two first rounders, a potentially elite KPD and maybe a bit more is an aggressive strategy, but we say as a club that we are going to be aggressive. So let’s see if we back up the Wingard interest with another shot at May. Then there’s the rumours of Lloyd from Richmond for cheap as chips.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Rocket Science, 1eyedog liked this post