Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 86 of 141 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    It seems to me that the Port Adelaide ship might be a bit shaky.

Hinkley under pressure as coach and a president who interferes could create instability in the playing group.

Big players last year and a result that was disappointing doesn't help their cause.
    If Port loses Wingard, then Ken is losing one of the 5 players he actually talks to.

2. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Lloyd might be viewed as a potential replacement for Honeychurch if he doesn't get a contract. He's a goalkicker and we need them don't we?
    Has kicked 11 in 15 games the last 2 years (in a dominant side) and will be 29 come rd1 next year... didn't realise he was that old.

A big pass from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Has kicked 11 in 15 games the last 2 years (in a dominant side) and will be 29 come rd1 next year... didn't realise he was that old.

A big pass from me.
    But has kicked 69 goals in 57 games overall.

I don't mind the idea. Won't cost much more than a late pick and offer some competition for a place in the team. I think he offers more than Honey or Dale as a forward.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    But has kicked 69 goals in 57 games overall.

I don't mind the idea. Won't cost much more than a late pick and offer some competition for a place in the team. I think he offers more than Honey or Dale as a forward.
    Dale or Dahl?

Bailey Dale could prove to be a 40+ goal a season player when Boyd and Schache become the targets we recruited them for.

We all know that the emergence of English as a genuine ruck option changes the dynamic of our side dramatically allowing Boyd to spend more time forward. What it also does is create match-up issues for the opposition when there are four genuine marking options when you add Gowers and Dale, not too mention The Bont when he goes forward.

Lloyd as a defensive forward may work as long as he has enough in the tank to pinch hit in the midfield when required. If we don't land him, and it wouldn't worry me if we didn't, I reckon Wally could adapt to that role if required.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

6. Likes Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends what Wingard will cost in terms of $$ and as part of a trade. If he doesn't impact our ability to re-sign our young guns and we cough up Pick 7, I am all in.

Wingard is the type of player we are hoping to recruit with Pick 7. Outside silk who can also impact up forward.

I would caution optimism about him as a pure forward though. I think he does his best work as a mid running off the back of the contest. Watch that PF v Hawthorn from a few years ago and he was dynamite late in the game.

As with most half forwards in the league, he gets stale when left there - particularly considering how congested the forward half of the ground is these days.

For me I would want him 60 mid/40 forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Depends what Wingard will cost in terms of $$ and as part of a trade. If he doesn't impact our ability to re-sign our young guns and we cough up Pick 7, I am all in.

Wingard is the type of player we are hoping to recruit with Pick 7. Outside silk who can also impact up forward.

I would caution optimism about him as a pure forward though. I think he does his best work as a mid running off the back of the contest. Watch that PF v Hawthorn from a few years ago and he was dynamite late in the game.

As with most half forwards in the league, he gets stale when left there - particularly considering how congested the forward half of the ground is these days.

For me I would want him 60 mid/40 forward.
    I'd like him to split his time too - allows us to have the Bont spend a bit more time forward, might even be able to rest McLean there too as I rate his forward nous but he was needed in the middle a lot more this season.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I like Lloyd as a replacement for Wallis. I think he'd have a similar impact in the midfield (that is to say, not a big influence on the game) and would be equally dangerous up forward. I'd probably still be ok with getting him should we keep Wallis, just because we lack natural forwards and those we do have are either super injury prone (Dickson) or very green (Greene).

On Wallis, I am hoping we let him go but by the sounds of it he is staying.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Bailey Dale could prove to be a 40+ goal a season player when Boyd and Schache become the targets we recruited them for.
    He averages (well) less than 1 goal per game...and now he is going to kick 2/game? Those are Luke Breust type numbers...His average in the AFL is (as is typical for most players when it comes to goals) pretty much EXACTLY THE SAME as his average when he played TAC cup when he kicked 14 goals in 20 games

If he became a 20 goal per year player, THAT would be a massive effort...40 goals per year? It is not going to happen.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Performs far far far more often than Stringer
    He's a 20 disposal 1 goal a game player he's not an extra 500k in front of Stringer. Disposal efficiency this year was 63% so he's effectively a 12 disposal a game player. Happy to pay the mill? We need to not get caught up with the 'can be' very good player coming to us for once and ensure it's the right move. We will be giving up a lot. If he came for 850k I would be happier but I assume that's there abouts with the Port offer.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Dale or Dahl?

We all know that the emergence of English as a genuine ruck option changes the dynamic of our side dramatically allowing Boyd to spend more time forward. What it also does is create match-up issues for the opposition when there are four genuine marking options when you add Gowers and Dale, not too mention The Bont when he goes forward.

Lloyd as a defensive forward may work as long as he has enough in the tank to pinch hit in the midfield when required. If we don't land him, and it wouldn't worry me if we didn't, I reckon Wally could adapt to that role if required.
    Boyd a genuine marking target?

Post Thanks / Like

Talk of us getting Tigers rookie small forward Stengle.

Why would the Tigers trade a rookie?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Talk of us getting Tigers rookie small forward Stengle.

Why would the Tigers trade a rookie?
    Didn't we trade for Biggs who was on the rookie list at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Didn't we trade for Biggs who was on the rookie list at the time.
    Yep.

Richmond might get a slight upgrade somewhere, or fit within a package or three club deal like Biggs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What's the bet Gaff ends up at the Swans.
    Don't be surprised if Dylan Shiel ends up at the Swans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Don't be surprised if Dylan Shiel ends up at the Swans
    Well you can bet yourself someone good will end up at the swans..the AFL will make sure of it...they want them to play finals.
    I will never see #16 the same!!