Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 92 of 141 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    Probably on my own here but i respect them for that
    Welcome back DB.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

They played Trengove in the SANFL for the last few weeks of their season last year. Even in the final when they had no other tall defenders they refused to play him. I reckon they are spiteful enough to do it.

They were the first club to let a star player walk to the PSD rather than trade him with Nick Stevens. They aren't like normal football clubs.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but personally I dont think the last few weeks for Trengove who had lost form and had very little impact on games for them and Wingard over a full season are comparable. Particularly if port are winning games. I’d agree they (both port and wingard) would both be keen to get it done if he does want to leave to avoid a year of headlines about him leaving.
    The dam wall has busted!

3. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    From AFEL.com.au

Dogs' secret weapon in the chase for Chad
    Mitch Cleary
    Sep 18, 2018 5:36PM

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have made Chad Wingard their No.1 trade target and have enlisted the star's former Port Adelaide teammate Jackson Trengove to get the deal over the line.

AFL.com.au understands Trengove has been in communication with close friend Wingard over a potential move to Whitten Oval on a long-term multi-million dollar deal as soon as this season.

Wingard and Trengove remain close friends with the pair playing at Alberton together before Trengove departed for the Dogs as a free agent at the end of 2017.

After seeing Trengove head east last year, Wingard provided a potential hint for the future.

"Going to miss you brother @Jacksontrengove wish you the best and who knows one day we might kick the leather together again soon," Wingard tweeted.

The 25-year-old South Australian is understood to be happy at Port Adelaide, however a trade could be beneficial for the Power in a year before he becomes a free agent.

Speculation on Wingard's future continues a growing trend of players being targeted 12 months before becoming free agents.

Similar to Fremantle's Lachie Neale, Gold Coast's Steven May and Greater Western Sydney's Dylan Shiel, a move for Wingard would allow the Power the upper hand in negotiations in 2018.

Any move in 2019 would leave them with AFL determined compensation, most likely a single first-round pick given Wingard could command more than $800,000 a season.

The Power haven't shied away from what will be an aggressive NAB AFL Trade Period starting in 17 days, chasing West Coast free agent Scott Lycett with a four-year deal and set to release Jared Polec to North Melbourne.

While insisting the contracted Wingard is a required player for 2019, Port Adelaide president David Koch last month said, "no one is off the trade table as far as we're concerned."

Already holding picks nine, 21 and 27 in this year's NAB AFL Draft, the Power are also likely to demand North Melbourne's pick 10 in any trade for Polec.

Any trade for Wingard would likely need to involve at least the Dogs' first pick (currently No.6), meaning the Power would have three picks inside the first dozen and at least five picks inside the top 30.

The expected departures of free agents Luke Dahlhaus and Jordan Roughead, following retirements of Jack Redpath, Shane Biggs and Clay Smith, will give the Dogs room to move in the 2019 salary cap.

Restricted free agent Mitch Wallis is yet to put pen to paper on an extension and is being chased by a number of clubs with Brisbane leading the race.

Hawthorn, the club considered the Dogs' biggest rivals for Wingard should the Power choose to release him, could lean on 2017 recruit Jarman Impey to play a similar role to Trengove in their efforts to lure him away from Alberton.

Impey, Trengove and Wingard were described as inseparable in their time together at Port.

Impey's coach Alastair Clarkson is also a big fan of Wingard's, admitting in 2014 he would be No.1 player from a rival club he'd like to recruit if given the chance.

The pair then spent time together during the 2014 International Rules Series with Clarkson as coach and Wingard starring as Australia beat Ireland in Perth.
    Clearly Cleary has been reading this forum
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    That was my first thought. Then hoping he's actually plugged into someone from either club or Chad.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    They also have a close connection to the Indigenous community.
    This was the reason Impey chose the Hawks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Fake
    Last edited by bornadog; 19-09-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Wingard would be awesome for our group and club. The experience he brings to training and football culture, the skill and football nous on field would have an big impact on our young group and Bont wouldn't have to feel he's the only one to get us across the line in the close ones.
    It can hurt to hope, especially after the Hurley deal was all but across the line but I so hope it happens.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Pics not showing up for me bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Chad sure has been posting up a lot of Dogs stuff. He's either across the line with us and doesnt care about it getting out or he is a vindictive son of a bitch. Hopefully the former.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

That image has been photoshopped FYI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Pics not showing up for me bad.
    It's the woof woof comment that is probably the most interesting part
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Wingard would be awesome for our group and club. The experience he brings to training and football culture, the skill and football nous on field would have an big impact on our young group and Bont wouldn't have to feel he's the only one to get us across the line in the close ones.
    It can hurt to hope, especially after the Hurley deal was all but across the line but I so hope it happens.
    I'd love Wingard. Am a huge fan, as long as we don't have to pay a ridiculous amount to get him. Him and Bont working together would be sublime.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

we are not going to win the war with money, there is half a dozen other clubs out there who have way more room in the cap, so we realistically need to be befriending him from all angles.

I'm surprised the Blues are not throwing 1+million a year at him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    With exception to understanding FA compensation and the low relevance of future contracts to compensation.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    That image has been photoshopped FYI
    Yeah that woof woof image is a fake