Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 93 of 141 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I'd love Wingard. Am a huge fan, as long as we don't have to pay a ridiculous amount to get him. Him and Bont working together would be sublime.
    Leftie power! We'll end up with more lefties than righties, sinistra v dextra, anti -clockwisers v clockwisers.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah that woof woof image is a fake
    Whoever it is I hope they cut it out quick. They are on the same level as the needles in strawberries genius.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Get the latest AFL trade news on Dylan Shiel, Chad Wingard, Steven May and plenty more

Port Adelaide’s dual All Australian Wingard (2013, 2015) will not be offered huge sums to sign a contract extension at the Power given his mediocre form this year.

Last year he finished eighth in the best-and-fairest after missing the top 10 in 2016 and could easily be outside the top 10 again this year.

The Power have told him he can assess his options at Melbourne clubs which would pay him as much as $1 million a year on deals of up to five years.

When he has assessed those deals he will come to Port Adelaide where the two parties will discuss what they are prepared to offer him or what a trade looks like.

The Bulldogs, where close mate Jackson Trengove plays, have pick six and could potentially offer that selection up for the 25-year-old.

Hawthorn, where Wingard’s former teammate Jarman Impey plays, have long courted the mercurial forward, who would go some way to filling the void left by the retired Cyril Rioli.

Port Adelaide are aware of Wingard’s brilliant talents, but are determined not to pay overs for a player who hasn’t kicked 40 goals in a year since 2015 (53 goals).

This year he kicked an average 22.21 after 24.25 last year playing a blend of forward and midfield.
    CHAD WINGARD

It’s on.

Port Adelaide has told him to go and assess his options at Melbourne clubs given he is asking for up to $1 million a year over five years, with only one season left on his deal before free agency.

To be frank, the Power don’t think his current form warrants that kind of cash.

Hawthorn have been sniffing for some time, but the Hawks will struggle to compete with the Western Bulldogs, who could throw pick No.6 up for a 25-year-old dual All-Australian.

The Power, having finished 10th, are aware they need some kind of shake-up, and while they have cash (they had the second-smallest payroll this year) they won’t overpay for Wingard.
    Crazy that Port had the second smallest payroll this year whilst the Suns apparently are near the limit. Shows how little we actually know about clubs salary cap situations.

LUKE DAHLHAUS

Gets to Geelong on a four-year deal worth just over $500,000.

The Dogs offered three years on less money, but Dahlhaus wanted a change and loved the on and off-field support the Cats pledged. Played 56 per cent forward and 44 per cent midfield this year, but he and Gary Rohan playing mostly as pressure forwards would clearly help the Cats’ game.
    MARCUS ADAMS

Wants a fresh start away from the Dogs given his horror luck. Not unhappy with his treatment, but feeling a change of environment might hand him better luck.

That move won’t be back to Perth, with Melbourne clubs needing key defenders already offering deals. Would that be the Saints or Hawthorn? They are the logical suitors.
    JORDAN ROUGHEAD

The restricted free agent has toured West Coast’s facilities, but remains in a holding pattern with Eagles big man Scott Lycett yet to play his hand. Roughead has also been linked with St Kilda, but that won’t be happening.
    MITCH WALLIS

Reports that he will stay at the Dogs, but unsure exactly what that deal looks like.

4. Thanks bornadog, Mantis, bulldogtragic, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Whoever it is I hope they cut it out quick. They are on the same level as the needles in strawberries genius.
    BREAKING ...

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    BREAKING ...

A photo says 1000 words.

Or in this case 1002 words

Post Thanks / Like

We've even dug up poor old Sid from his eternal resting place to attend the press conference. We must be serious!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    We've even dug up poor old Sid from his eternal resting place to attend the press conference. We must be serious!
    Old Sid still looks dead!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Old Sid still looks dead!
    Didn't you now we stuffed him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Reece Conca and Sam Lloyd have also attracted interest, but are likely to stay at Punt Rd.

“Colin Young (Conca’s manager) said today there’s clearly interest from Fremantle, but he spoke to Blair Hartley, the Richmond list manager, and said once this is all finishes — and hopefully he (Conca) has won a flag by then — I’d like to get something done,” Ralph said on today’s episode of Trade TV.

“I think Colin is doing what all good managers should do, and that’s assess the options out there, but I would think that Reece would want to stay at the footy club, it’s just a matter of what kind of cash.”

He said the Bulldogs were sniffing around Lloyd, but “someone told me he’d be happy to stay at the club next year, not on massive coin, he just loves them.”

CHAD WINGARD

Ralph: “Port Adelaide has basically said your form has been average ... if you think you’re worth a certain amount you go out and assess the market, and if you come back and the money’s not there then we might work out a deal. The speculation is he’s looking for between $800,000 and $1 million a year over five years.”

Edmund: “Would the Bulldogs pay that?”

Ralph: “Yes, I think they’d pay that ... I would think he’s an extremely good chance to be playing in Victoria next year, distant odds to be at Port Adelaide.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...5c08b1cd707509

12. Thanks bulldogtragic, Mofra, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No Lloyd. Maybe/likely Wingard.

Good news all round in that post!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes DOG GOD, SonofScray, Twodogs, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wingard just liked a Mitch Wallis re signing video on the on the Bulldogs page on insta he also liked the Redpath video the other day. Taking everything into account I'd say lock it in Wingard in at the Bulldogs in 19. Hawks the only danger. Just show him the semi final in 16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No Lloyd. Maybe/likely Wingard.

Good news all round in that post!!
    Hopefully the Stengle rumours are true. I still like Townsend from the Tigers too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

17. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Wingard just liked a Mitch Wallis re signing video on the on the Bulldogs page on insta he also liked the Redpath video the other day. Taking everything into account I'd say lock it in Wingard in at the Bulldogs in 19. Hawks the only danger. Just show him the semi final in 16
    I think he’s hedging his bets. He follows Hawthorn FC on Twitter (no other Club), Liked their Box Hill Hawks win on the weekend.

19. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I think he’s hedging his bets. He follows Hawthorn FC on Twitter (no other Club), Liked their Box Hill Hawks win on the weekend.
    Apparently the Hawks met his management today, for mine it feels like when the Pies were trying to change Lynch's mind mid year however the deal had already been done. Its just a little due diligence thats all in case the number 1 seed aka the Bulldogs fail to get a deal done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hopefully the Stengle rumours are true. I still like Townsend from the Tigers too.
    Townsend and Suckling worked out at a gym together the other day. So maybe Townsend to the dogs or Suckers to punt road?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Thanks josie thanked for this post