Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 97 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2111
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Good to see Ghosty get signed.

Post Thanks / Like

Roughead (exploring his options openly, all but gone)
    Libba (reports will sign on)
    Honeychurch (media reported him into GCS, media then reported GCS not into him)
    Campbell (most likely going to dominate the shit out of the VFL, maybe Willy or Port Melbourne might try to grab him)

The only 4 that remain without a contract.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So how many list spots do we need? Sign Libba and the rest free to go?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pedge View Post
    So how many list spots do we need? Sign Libba and the rest free to go?
    Our spots are good. I agree sign Libba, let Roughy go and delist the others.

Current Outs: Dahl, Redpath, Clay Smith, Biggs, Collins, Roughy, Honey, Campbell (8) - less - upgrading Lynch & Gowers (wording seems like Rorake staying on the RL) = 6 spots/current national draft picks (& 3 rookie list vacancies with NMM delisted)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Things look like being interesting on the Roughead front. After being strongly linked to WCE after touring their facilities and meeting their key people, today it's reported WCE will talk with Rory Lobb about a trade from GWS. Now if that goes through, I'm not sure what value Roughy has for them, unless they want to bring in Lobb & Roughy for Lycett which seems a little overkill. Plus if Roughy wants more opportunities he's fighting with Vardy to play second fiddle to Lobb.

So the other club mentioned in the press was St Kilda who are still good for ruck depth. So anyone care to guess where Roughy might end up? Is he good mates with Jason McCartney?
    Reckon they are into Lobb as a key forward - JK isn't getting any younger.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cal Twomey’s updated phantom draft - I find 60% of the time, he’s right every time. Regardless, had Rhylee West at 14 a month ago, now it looks like he isn’t in the top 18.

dont mind the sound of Bailey Smith from the little I’ve seen, but really want some elite disposal by foot and fast outside running in either a forward or midfielder. This also doesn’t account for GC’s compo pick for Lynch - and potentially May - which could push us to 8!

from monday:

Pick 1 (Carlton): Sam Walsh
    “The best midfielder to come through the draft since Josh Kelly in 2013 so he’s someone you can bank on to play 200 games,” Twomey told Future Stars.
    Pick 2 (Gold Coast) Jack Lukosius
    “Lukosius a key forward from South Australia. I think Walsh has just gone ahead of him.”
    Pick 3 (St Kilda): Max King
    “King’s been doing a lot of knee reconstruction rehab at the Saints throughout the season, he’s worked really closely with them. I think he’s slightly ahead of his brother, he’s got that star power and probably a little bit better in the air.”
    Pick 4 (Brisbane): Izak Rankine
    “Rankine offers some genuine pace and real zip to what the Lions have and we’ve seen what he’s done throughout the year, he’s got some star quality.”
    Pick 5 (Fremantle): Ben King
    “Freo finally get a big key position player with a top five pick in the draft.”
    Pick 6 (Western Bulldogs): Bailey Smith
    “Bailey Smith’s a perfect fit the Dogs. Inside and outside powerful midfielder with pace.”
    Pick 7 (Adelaide): Connor Rozee
    “Rozee, who we’ve loved in the second half of the season, played some great SANFL footy. The Crows get a local boy there.”
    Pick 8 (Sydney – matching Essendon’s bid): Nick Blakey
    “Nick Blakey, they match Essendon’s bid there. The Swans come up and get him.”
    Pick 9 (Essendon): Jye Caldwell
    “A midfielder from the Bendigo Pioneers, a really good season for him towards the end of the season.”
    Pick 10 (North Melbourne – matching Port Adelaide’s bid): Tarryn Thomas
    “I still think he goes around that mark for the Roos, matching Port Adelaide’s bid.”
    Pick 11 (Port Adelaide): Jackson Hately
    Pick 12 (Collingwood – matching Geelong’s bid): Isaac Quaynor
    Pick 13 (Geelong): Jordan Clark
    Pick 14 (GWS): Curtis Taylor
    Pick 15 (Hawthorn): Ian Hill
    Pick 16 (Adelaide): Zak Butters
    Pick 17 (Richmond): Liam Stocker
    Pick 18 (Gold Coast): Riley Collier-Dawkins
    The dam wall has busted!

8. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With the similarities to Motlop. I’d want end of first round for a 26yo, four years & $500,000+. The AFEL know we will chew threw it on Rhylee West, so just give us the extra 7 or so spots worth of draft points. Which will in part compensate us for losing draft points when they throw priority picks around like confetti.

Good for you Dahl, thanks for your service, but I have no wishes for Geelong to win any finals.

A tough call, but the right call for the list manager.

1,000,000% agree w this BT! For once can the AFL give us a chop out with compensation picks! It’s for an FS selection so won’t affect any other club.

in other news - anyone heard Bailey Williams is homesick? Read this morning a (unsubstantiated and aourceless) rumour that he might get. Uncles in a deal to sport for Wingard. Anyone heard anything?
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I would want to lose Williams for Wingard , the other croweater is Young and for some reason he didn’t get a look in this year, could he be in a deal to get Wingard ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    1,000,000% agree w this BT! For once can the AFL give us a chop out with compensation picks! It’s for an FS selection so won’t affect any other club.

in other news - anyone heard Bailey Williams is homesick? Read this morning a (unsubstantiated and aourceless) rumour that he might get. Uncles in a deal to sport for Wingard. Anyone heard anything?
    Made up rumour from the ever reliable trade guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Not sure I would want to lose Williams for Wingard , the other croweater is Young and for some reason he didn’t get a look in this year, could he be in a deal to get Wingard ?
    Young and pick 7 for Wingard I’d do.

Williams and 7 I would NOT do. Williams will be a gun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Young and pick 7 for Wingard I’d do.

Williams and 7 I would NOT do. Williams will be a gun
    Young has the potential to be one as well. Either trade could bite us on the arse.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

dont mind the sound of Bailey Smith from the little I’ve seen, but really want some elite disposal by foot and fast outside running in either a forward or midfielder. This also doesn’t account for GC’s compo pick for Lynch - and potentially May - which could push us to 8!
    May's contract runs out next year doesn't it? I don't think they can tear up his contract and get compensation so unless I'm missing something I don't see how that one can affect us

Post Thanks / Like

Cal Twomey’s updated phantom draft - I find 60% of the time, he’s right every time. Regardless, had Rhylee West at 14 a month ago, now it looks like he isn’t in the top 18.

]
    May isn't a free agent, there will be no compensation if he leaves, just whatever they get in a trade. Our pick is pretty much certain to be 7 now (unless GC force a trade for Lynch which seems unlikely).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    May's contract runs out next year doesn't it? I don't think they can tear up his contract and get compensation so unless I'm missing something I don't see how that one can affect us
    Correct, the AFL ruled out that possibility.

17. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Young has the potential to be one as well. Either trade could bite us on the arse.
    I'm still unconvinced with Young. He showed some promise as an intercepting defender in his first few games but i still have big question marks on his strength, 1-1 ability and his disposal and decision making.

I agree he has promise but would you do it if it's the difference between getting Wingard and not getting him? I would. Williams i wouldnt

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post