Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ameet Baines new CEO

Good appointment. Will bring some new ideas and ways of doing things that comes with an outside appointment.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an excellent appointment. He has been spoken about in glowing terms for a number of years now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Have always been impressed by Bains. He's steadily risen through the ranks at the Saints, and always sounds very insightful and switched on when interviewed.

For a non-business man, what are the key differences between a COO and CEO role?
    This article describes his rather eclectic responsibilities at St Kilda:

Bains’ has an all-encompassing role at St Kilda that combines list management, player contracts, major projects, strategy, media and legal issues. He is second-in-charge to former AFLPA CEO Matt Finnis, who replaced Michael Nettlefold at the helm in Seaford three years ago.
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-...a8d55953d8e663

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like he was doing the role of too many people at St kilda, at least with us he can focus on just being the CEO
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to get his list management skills also .
    In particular how he got that deal to get an extra 1st round pick of Hawthorn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    For a non-business man, what are the key differences between a COO and CEO role?
    The COO runs the business, making best use of the resources allocated to achieve business objectives. The CEO determines overall strategy and direction - appointing and managing the COO, assigning them the resources they have to work with and the objectives they must achieve

A CEO would decide to open a new branch or create a women's team, a COO would make it successful. CEO's would spend more time at high-level meetings e.g. with the AFL, Etihad, sponsors, Ballarat/Cairns looking at opportunities. COO's operate the business as it currently stands
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

8. Thanks hujsh, Twodogs, jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened at the saints then? Sacked or quit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    What happened at the saints then? Sacked or quit?
    It's a step up for him so I assume we just headhunted him. Quit I guess
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Glenn McFarlane‏ @MaccaHeraldSun 18h18 hours ago
    More Glenn McFarlane Retweeted SuperFooty (AFL)
    Great appointment from @westernbulldogs with Ameet Bains set to be announced as early as Monday as new CEO. Quality footy person. Good move.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope it works out with the 4th CEO in as many years.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's official.

Bains to become Bulldogs CEO

The Western Bulldogs Football Club is delighted to announce that St Kilda Football Club Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel Ameet Bains will be succeeding Gary Kent as the Club’s new CEO for season 2018.

The Club expects Bains to start his new position in December, subject to completing certain duties with St. Kilda.

Bains has a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Monash University as well as a Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance).

He worked for five years as a Lawyer at leading law firm Minter Ellison and also worked as Head of the Legal Department at Toyota Australia.

Bains joined the St Kilda Football Club in January 2011 as the club’s GM of Player List and Legal Affairs, and has subsequently progressed to his current role there as Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel.

Bains was the unanimous choice of the Board’s nominations sub-committee, comprising Peter Gordon, Vice President Kylie Watson-Wheeler, Fiona McGauchie and Mark Evans, and was also subsequently unanimously endorsed by the Club’s other directors, including retiring executive director, Gary Kent.

“We had a broad range of well-credentialled candidates for the position, both from inside the AFL industry and from a range of other professions. I’d like to thank them all for their interest,” said Bulldogs’ President Peter Gordon.

“We think that Ameet is ideally suited to our Club’s next stage of development, with his mix of legal, commercial, projects and football expertise.”

Bains said: “I am both honoured and humbled to be appointed as the Club’s CEO.

“The Club is well-positioned given its recent premiership success and accompanying commercial growth.

“I look forward to working with a very talented team in building upon this success.”

14. Likes The Doctor, bulldogtragic, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It's official.

Bains to become Bulldogs CEO

The Western Bulldogs Football Club is delighted to announce that St Kilda Football Club Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel Ameet Bains will be succeeding Gary Kent as the Club’s new CEO for season 2018.

The Club expects Bains to start his new position in December, subject to completing certain duties with St. Kilda.

Bains has a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Monash University as well as a Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance).

He worked for five years as a Lawyer at leading law firm Minter Ellison and also worked as Head of the Legal Department at Toyota Australia.

Bains joined the St Kilda Football Club in January 2011 as the club’s GM of Player List and Legal Affairs, and has subsequently progressed to his current role there as Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel.

Bains was the unanimous choice of the Board’s nominations sub-committee, comprising Peter Gordon, Vice President Kylie Watson-Wheeler, Fiona McGauchie and Mark Evans, and was also subsequently unanimously endorsed by the Club’s other directors, including retiring executive director, Gary Kent.

“We had a broad range of well-credentialled candidates for the position, both from inside the AFL industry and from a range of other professions. I’d like to thank them all for their interest,” said Bulldogs’ President Peter Gordon.

“We think that Ameet is ideally suited to our Club’s next stage of development, with his mix of legal, commercial, projects and football expertise.”

Bains said: “I am both honoured and humbled to be appointed as the Club’s CEO.

“The Club is well-positioned given its recent premiership success and accompanying commercial growth.

“I look forward to working with a very talented team in building upon this success.”

Would that be the draft?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Would that be the draft?
    Good chance, he was doing everything at that club it seems.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Good chance, he was doing everything at that club it seems.
    He started out in recruiting and he appears to have retained every job he had on the way to being promoted to COO. I hope St Kilda don't fall apart without him.

Actually yes I do. It'd be a nice little bonus.

18. Likes AshMac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He started out in recruiting and he appears to have retained every job he had on the way to being promoted to COO. I hope St Kilda don't fall apart without him.

Actually yes I do. It'd be a nice little bonus.
    A mate of mine has been involved part-time/volunteer at the saints for over 20 years, and is a wrap for Baines. Reckons he is a good get for us - and that he is a good bloke also.