Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ameet Baines new CEO

Have we got any details on him , I have no idea on his past just that he is from the Saints.. Good or bad decision ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ameet Baines new CEO

The last time we stole someone from the Saints for an off field role worked out ok...

I'm a big fan of what Bains has done at the Saints. I was hoping we'd sound him out to replace JMac actually.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He seems very switched on to me. Hopefully he's got some players in his pocket to follow him next trade period.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Great administrator with a law and finance background and will be an asset corporately and also from a footy department perspective.

To me it's a big jump for him but I think we should be confident he will do well. Bendigo boys always do
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Although I don't follow much of what Saints do he seems very switched on whenever I've heard him. That cash in move to get a 2017 first round pick from Hawks last year when they were trying to get O'Meara was a beauty.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Although I don't follow much of what Saints do he seems very switched on whenever I've heard him. That cash in move to get a 2017 first round pick from Hawks last year when they were trying to get O'Meara was a beauty.
    I was so envious that the Saints conjured that deal out of thin air. It was a great example of creativity I've been waiting to see from our list management team.

I'm excited by this appointment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey that's really good for us. PG and now Ameet appointment, a couple of legal eagles.
    The multicultural aspect is pretty cool too. Welcome to the club Ameet.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

At this rate the whitten oval might start its own law firm, why not since PG has been back we have had a VFL team an AFLW team and a VFLW team about to start, why stop at football,?
    I'm waiting for the netball team as well.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Have always been impressed by Bains. He's steadily risen through the ranks at the Saints, and always sounds very insightful and switched on when interviewed.

For a non-business man, what are the key differences between a COO and CEO role?

Post Thanks / Like

Very highly rated - the AFL were keen to bring him on with them in some capacity.

This looks great on paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Very highly rated - the AFL were keen to bring him on with them in some capacity.

This looks great on paper.
    For the Lethlean role I believe.

Seems a good appointment, happy to read this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Have always been impressed by Bains. He's steadily risen through the ranks at the Saints, and always sounds very insightful and switched on when interviewed.

For a non-business man, what are the key differences between a COO and CEO role?
    CEO is responsible for the overall running of the organisation whereas the COO looks after operational matters. So COO for example would not have finance as a responsability
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks Twodogs, jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exciting appointment - seems there are now a few being promoted up through a footy operations role

Post Thanks / Like

I'd imagine that Bevo would be very familiar with Ameet, through his father John's deep recruiting connection at the Saints.

Sounds like a great get.