Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Live draft pick trading could be in next year

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Or there's a slider a club wants to get in on

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...34d4cdde7c1f73
    Good pick up, come to think of it there could be a fair bit of trading late in the draft order.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

So they'd have traded a 2018 first rounder to get him? Not quite sure how they work their way into the late first/early second round when their next pick is 39 otherwise

Post Thanks / Like

Reading those articles and thinking through a couple of scenarios, this is going to be a high risk, high reward type of situation? Although by the looks of it there will be a few more win/win trades.

Clubs really need to get their heads around how situations will pan out. We could get ahead of the comp on this one.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Reading those articles and thinking through a couple of scenarios, this is going to be a high risk, high reward type of situation? Although by the looks of it there will be a few more win/win trades.

Clubs really need to get their heads around how situations will pan out. We could get ahead of the comp on this one.
    Is there high reward? It's just a bit of positioning from what I can see. There might be some late trading ie players are on the table that have an interest in.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Is there high reward? It's just a bit of positioning from what I can see. There might be some late trading ie players are on the table that have an interest in.

Yeah actually I think you're right. It's going to be mainly swapping spots in the later rounds to tailor outcomes for specific players that clubs value higher than others or to garner points for Acadamy and F/S picks.

Speaking of Acadamy and F/S picks does live draft pick trading affect out intentions for both or either of West and Buka? Does it depend on whether they go up or down the order?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.