Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Schache Puns & Nick Name

Must be the Seinfeld Ep then.
    Leather to electronics is an interesting shift of industries.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Dick Smith bought out Tandy here , then Woolworths bought Dick Smith out, then closed it due to online competitors from overseas killing it, and Kogan bought out the dick smith online store.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/02/...-josh-schache/

HUNTER OPENS UP ON “DIFFERENT” JOSH SCHACHE

Western Bulldogs midfielder Lachie Hunter says new teammate Josh Schache has already surprised him in his short time at the club.

The former Lion and 2015 number 2 draft pick joined the Bulldogs in last year’s NAB AFL Trade Period, having struggled to make a consistent impact up forward in Brisbane.

However Hunter says that Schache has been training for a different position since making his way to the kennel, a role which he believes very few people would expect from the 199cm 20-year-old.

“He actually is a lot different to what I thought,” the Dogs on-baller told SEN Breakfast.

“I think he’s lost about four kilos since he’s come from Brisbane and he almost isn’t really playing as that tall go-to forward. He’s kind of playing as a link-up player.

“He’s actually got really good kicking skills, which I wouldn’t have known until he got to the club.

“He’s a beautiful kick of the ball.”

Hunter says Schache could even push up towards a position on the wing, commending his endurance for a young tall player.

“He’s actually got a really big tank for a tall fella as well, so I suppose there’s room up there on the wing if he wants to push up there,” he said.

“Bevo (Dogs coach Luke Beveridge) likes to flip the side around so I’m sure you’ll see him in different spots.”

Hunter expects the fight for spots inside his side’s forward 50 to be fierce in 2018, with Schache and fellow tall forwards Tom Boyd and Jack Redpath all vying for a place inside the Dogs’ best 22.

The Bulldogs play Hawthorn in their first JLT Community Series clash in Ballarat on Saturday as they prepare to open their 2018 campaign against the GWS Giants on Sunday March 25.