Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  77
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    Damage is done. Not a good way to start the 2018 season.

I wonder if as a club we would need to be more open to the media for them not to blow up every small thing big like an elephant and run with it for a long period. Have the communication going both ways. Feed them with (not so important) story to keep them satisfy. (Not sure we employ a media/communication manager to manage the media)

Sport media are like sharks. If you feeding them, keeping them under control they would be tame and harmless. But if we don't and occasionally letting them smell blood, they would be all over us.

We do. The team we have in place aren't very good at what they do though,
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

Had not heard about the ditching of Danny but then again i'm not much into facebook.
    Whose pea brain idea was this? The most refreshing change for the past 10 years. Positive exposure for the club. Can't wait to see the banners for the season. I'm sure they will be hilarious

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Had not heard about the ditching of Danny but then again i'm not much into facebook.
    Whose pea brain idea was this? The most refreshing change for the past 10 years. Positive exposure for the club. Can't wait to see the banners for the season. I'm sure they will be hilarious
    What's wrong with - Roses are red, violets are blue we are gunna do you.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    the new ceo

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Melbourne / negative gearing one made me really laugh at the time.
    Much enjoyed and will miss the banners. The 2016 season was an aligning of the stars in so many ways.
    PG and Susan are getting old and cranky by the sounds of it. They should lighten up.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Susan was there last night and mixing it with everyone looking very happy , personally I think it was a media beat up,as is the way nowadays.
    Bring back the biff

7. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Susan was there last night and mixing it with everyone looking very happy , personally I think it was a media beat up,as is the way nowadays.
    Really great to hear that ledge.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope this gets sorted because Susan is a really marvellous person who has done so much for our Club and for yhe wider community.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I don't like it when Mum and Dad are arguing.
    I think you should have an acknowledgement from Titus O'Reily Murphy's Lore:

Greater Western Sydney vs Western Bulldogs (UNSW) 1:10 PM

The Bulldogs seemed to have a lot of issues in the offseason. Stringer leaving because of all the various things was a huge story but not as big as Susan Alberti being not let in a specific gate at a match that was free entry.

It was a brutal confrontation and worth all the media coverage.

“Sorry, you can’t come in here because you’ve got a bunch of other people with you, but you can all come in for free at any other gate.”

Can the team rebound this season with the shadow of ‘Gategate’ hanging over them?

Possibly, although there’s more than a few injuries that will be possibly troubling them even more than mum and dad fighting.
    https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/high...de-round-one-0

And didn't someone else here coin the term GateGate?
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done girls. I hope everyone who stayed involved with the premier team enjoy the premiership.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

14. Likes Doggy liked this post