Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  77
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Did they invent auditor's to make it seem that everyday accountants had a personality?
    Yep, and then they had to invent actuaries to make auditors seem cool.

2. Likes Bulldog Joe, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Hey! I'm a CPA and work as an accountant. Could be worse, I could be an auditor.
    I think you will find that the proper term is "the *!*!*!*!ing auditor" anyway that's what they call him where I work. "Quick here comes the *!*!*!*!ing auditor" they say. Then we all have to hide for a while.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Any CAs in the house? And no, I'm not an auditor either.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Any CAs in the house? And no, I'm not an auditor either.
    My wife's a CA... but seriously she's quite fun.

I'm in strategy, which is kind of what CA's would be like if they worked in the old wild west!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Susan has today ruled herself out of the running for the Lord Mayor of Melbourne

PROMINENT Melbourne businesswoman and philanthropist Susan Alberti today ruled herself out of the lord mayor race.

The current Melburnian of the Year said many people had encouraged her to run for the top job at Town Hall but said she had many other commitments.

“I have a lot that I want to achieve in 2018 including a continued focus on women in sport and medical research, which would not have been able to receive my full attention if I ran for the position of Lord Mayor,’’ Ms Alberti said.

“The role is a very important one. It not only provides leadership for our city, but also impacts on thousands of ratepayers, staff and other stakeholders who live, work, visit or own a business in the City of Melbourne.”

Ms Alberti wished Robert Doyle well in his recovery.

A poll to elect a new lord mayor for Melbourne will be held on Saturday May 12.
    Link

Post Thanks / Like

Life is too short.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what this is about?

“Dogs at war: Club patron denied entry to match” - apparently in regards to Susan. I’m not a H-Sun subscriber so can’t read it.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...t-peter-gordon

Statement from Bulldogs President Peter Gordon

February 24, 2018 4:08 PM

I became aware this afternoon of a statement Sue Alberti made to Michael Warner of the Herald Sun today.

The Board and senior management of the club had previously been made aware of a number of issues at our first AFLW home game related to Sue and her support staff and her film crew.

Because of our relationship and her history, I had reached out to her to meet to discuss these matters privately over a coffee. The Board unanimously supported this approach.

Sue was unavailable to meet until after this weekend.

The matters of which she has now publicly complained occurred in the context of the first game. When I became aware of last night’s incidents, I reached out to her again to meet to discuss the position and she agreed this morning to meet early next week.

I regret that she has ventilated one part of the story in the media.

I stand by the policies and actions of our staff and management. No-one was excluded from the Whitten Oval last night.

It is still my hope and judgment that the matter is best resolved by a frank discussion between me and Sue, and the club will make no further comment until after that meeting has taken place.

I want to take the opportunity to express my gratitude to all of our paid and volunteer staff who once again catered for 9000 people at VU Whitten Oval last night, including a number of different events in our function areas, as well as media, AFL and football department operations.

I want to express the club’s gratitude to everyone from the LGBTIQ community and the Bulldogs’ own Pride Group, who generated so many community activities, all at our home ground last night.

And of course, I hope that appropriate attention will be focussed on the magnificent record-breaking achievements of our players last night.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

Hmm, not ideal :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Thank you.

Hmm, not ideal :/
    Yeah only heard about it today.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Copied from the HS

AFLW founder Susan Alberti ‘humiliated’ after being denied entry to match
    Michael Warner, Sunday Herald Sun
    Subscriber only

A BITTER fight has split the Western Bulldogs, with president Peter Gordon and patron Susan Alberti at war.

The female footy trailblazer said she was left “sad and *!humiliated” after being denied entry to Whitten Oval through the main entrance at Friday night’s AFLW match.

It was the second time this season she has been turned away from that entrance at the club which has benefited from $4 million of her money.

The Whitten Oval main gate is used for entry by players, club officials, league officials and the media, but not the general public.

“I’m sad, extremely disappointed, but most of all humiliated,” Ms Alberti told the Sunday Herald Sun.

“I can’t believe it’s happened at my home of 66 years — that place is a part of my life. But I will continue to love and support the Western Bulldogs.

The bizarre incident is understood to have inflamed long-running tensions between Ms Alberti and Mr Gordon, which began around the time she left the Dogs board after the drought-breaking 2016 flag win.

She is bewildered by what is behind this series of events,” a friend said. “What happened on Friday night was the final straw.”

On Saturday, Mr Gordon shot back, releasing a statement after the Sunday Herald Sun broke the story online.

He said the board and senior management were aware “of a number of issues at our first AFLW home game related to Sue and her support staff and her film crew”.

“Because of our relationship and her history, I had reached out to her to meet to discuss these matters privately over a coffee,” Mr Gordon said.

“Sue was unavailable to meet until after this weekend.

“When I became aware of last night’s incidents, I reached out to her again to meet to discuss the position. I stand by the policies and actions of our staff and management.

“No one was excluded from the Whitten Oval.

“It is still my hope and judgment that the matter is best resolved by a frank discussion between me and Sue, and the club will make no further comment until after that meeting has taken place.”

The premiership-winning duo will sit down for talks to try and resolve their issues. But it could be a long meeting, with Ms Alberti saying last night: “I’m disappointed in the comments made by Peter Gordon, they don’t address the issue that I was denied access to an entrance I’ve always used.”

Ms Alberti said security at the entrance told her she was not on the list of those permitted to enter there.

“I asked him (security) to get on the radio and check,” Ms Alberti said. “He came back and said the answer was no.”

She said she understood from her film crew they had permission to enter the ground.

Ms Alberti’s husband, Colin North, defended the actions of security staff. “The guard wasn’t at fault. He was simply doing the job he was asked to do,” he said.

Ms Alberti made it into the ground on Friday when a senior club figure stepped in to resolve the situation.

AFLW boss Nicole Livingstone and AFL staff were made aware of the incident.

Ms Alberti, 70, was a Bulldogs director for 12 years and vice-president for three years.

She was named 2017 Melburnian of the Year and has a Companion of the Order of Australia in 2016.

DUO DEFINED REVIVAL

ASK anybody hanging over the fence at the Whitten Oval who helped bring the Bulldogs back from the brink and they’ll only issue two names.

Peter Gordon and Susan Alberti are as synonymous among fans as the club’s biggest stars. And for good reason. Growing up in West Footscray, Mr Gordon is best known for his role as a two-time president who worked furiously to stop an enforced merger with Fitzroy.

And over more than a dozen years as club director and vice president, Ms Alberti has been hailed for her enormous generosity, donating more than $4 million to help bring the club back from financial ruin. Together the pair played equally defining roles in the club’s enormous fightback that culminated in a 2016 premiership win.

Sources suggest Mr Gordon, who was recognised this year with an Order of Australia, has become increasingly frustrated with the beloved benefactor’s “access-all-areas attitude” when she no longer serves in any official capacity. In the past two years, Ms Alberti has gone on to earn credit for driving the new era of women’s footy. Yet, on Friday night, it was at a women’s game at Whitten Oval at which she was refused entry.

Really not starting our season on a high note.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds very petty.
    If Sue didn't have time to meet this week what made her think there would be a change in policy?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone likes reading this sort of conflict by two beloved figures at our club. I hope the meeting is held soon and an understanding is achieved.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to have to turn my back on either of them but if I am forced it will be PG every time. Sorry sue but you weren't there at Fightback in 1989 and those relationships are forged in fire.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't want to have to turn my back on either of them but if I am forced it will be PG every time. Sorry sue but you weren't there at Fightback in 1989 and those relationships are forged in fire.
    I don't think it's an appropriate time to be talking about taking sides in a dispute between two highly respected people who have been with us through the good and many bad times. Commonsense will prevail here and it will be sorted out.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes hujsh liked this post