Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  77
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

Sounds like 2 strong personalities have collided. Hopefully their mutual love of the club mends any rift.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

She was definitely still at the game for what it's worth.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

This will get sorted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think it's an appropriate time to be talking about taking sides in a dispute between two highly respected people who have been with us through the good and many bad times. Commonsense will prevail here and it will be sorted out.
    I'd like to be as confident.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    This will get sorted

Less chance of Stringer winning the Brownlow

Post Thanks / Like

There is every possibility that this is clutching at article straws from a media that have been denied any real stories from us and certailnly the controversies that plagued us last year.

HS Journo: "There was a mix up with a prominent ex-club figure denied entrance in what was probably a minor mix up"

Sue: "Yeah I was a bit disappointed they forgot to put me on the list."
    PG: "Yeah there was a bit of a mix up but she was trying to get in with a film crew, meeting up with her to see if we can get it sorted."

HS Journo: "FULL SCALE WAR. SUE ALBERTI HEARTBROKEN AND INSULTED. PG FIRES BACK. CLUB IN CRISIS. SEASON OVER"

Post Thanks / Like

The stuff about the film crew sticks out to me as where the root cause might be. Not really that interesting of a story to be honest.

8. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    The stuff about the film crew sticks out to me as where the root cause might be. Not really that interesting of a story to be honest.
    Yeah I agree,

Not sure if it's a media build up or if Sue has over reacted a tad here. For whatever the reason is for not allowing her and her film crew in via the main gate, she should of kept her head and sorted it out afterwards with PG or whoever. The public forum and front page of the Hun isn't the place for a petty squabble.

Post Thanks / Like

It almost sounds like entitled behaviour.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Peter and Susan are huge figures of our club. Peter our current president and Susan former vice president and board member for many years and huge supporter for women's footy. Both have put lots of money into the club. Hopefully they resolve this soon and then the media can focus on something else.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like it when Mum and Dad are arguing.

Post Thanks / Like

There was increased security on Friday night as the Governor of Victoria Linda Dessau was in attendance, and she is acting Governor General (Administrator of the Commonwealth).

15. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s beneath both of them. Isn’t always a media beat up.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    It’s beneath both of them. Isn’t always a media beat up.
    Not saying it's not an issue but is it worthy of front page of the HUN?

Post Thanks / Like

The story is continued in the HUN again, apparently our man Coons on SEN has called the situation disgraceful.

As far as I can tell, Alberti - who has no official role at the club - is trying to repeatedly use an entrance that is reserved for club officials, players, and AFL/AFLW personnel. Is this correct?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.