Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  77
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thank you for that. I think it is fair enough of the security firm to follow instructions. But the issue for me is who spoke to the HUN and made this a big deal
    If what we read is correct, Susan Alberti spoke directly to Michael Warner about it, making it a story.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

Just give her a special pass and let her use the bloody gate.
    She's earned the right as far as I'm concerned. Problem solved.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    If what we read is correct, Susan Alberti spoke directly to Michael Warner about it, making it a story.
    If true, then I lose a little respect. I can't believe she would do such thing, but who knows.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    How many special passes do you give out? There are plenty of people who have helped the club over the years. Take the number one ticket holder, he puts in big dollars but doesn't expect to be treated like a king.

There has to be some rules around running a club.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me play the Devil's advocate here. What happens is

Does the pass cover her entourage? And her own security tail or ? Even though the Guv is in the house so security is already in a tizz about the Guv bringing in external parties. Then you made the enquiry about whether being glared at by the Guv when you refused one of her party entry equates to roughly the same thing as their name being on the list and was given a very firm 'No' so this woman who isn't the Guv has got no chance. I'm all for a simple answer and a quiet life but just how much do we change around? How much can we change given the governors presence.?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How many special passes do you give out? There are plenty of people who have helped the club over the years. Take the number one ticket holder, he puts in big dollars but doesn't expect to be treated like a king.

There has to be some rules around running a club.
    Alan Johnstone our current number 1 ticket holder.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alberti - Gordon Feud

There's a little thing called 'common sense' that seems to have been mislaid somewhere along the line. I hope it's located soon and put back in use.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Can this thread be merged with the discussion here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    There's a little thing called 'common sense' that seems to have been mislaid somewhere along the line. I hope it's located soon and put back in use.
    Common sense " oh okay I will use the other gate" .
    Well we know our men's captain has it, that's a plus.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree in principle from what I hear I think problem was more around the film crew getting the same access.
    I agree that Sue and her husband should have something that gives them access but if you are bringing guests you simply have to organise that in advance and that should apply to everyone.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes Max469, Topdog, Twodogs, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    While I agree in principle from what I hear I think problem was more around the film crew getting the same access.
    I agree that Sue and her husband should have something that gives them access but if you are bringing guests you simply have to organise that in advance and that should apply to everyone.

There's a measure of common sense. G is right of course if anyone has earned special privelidges it is Susan Alberi and I would be happy to defend her right to those privelidges with anyone.

But I'm not going to argue the entire entourage's right to it. Especially on an ad-hoc basis on a night when the Governer is in the crowd. They were watching us, we had to get it right.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She is embarrassed and humiliated? Seriously that is really overreacting.

Post Thanks / Like

Given Susan Alberti's incredible contributions to the Western Bulldogs and AFLW she and her husband fully deserve free and special entry to anything at Whitten Oval. She is rightly held in high esteem by supporters. In terms of her entourage / film crew entry , that could and should have been arranged sometime prior to the event.

16. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Given Susan Alberti's incredible contributions to the Western Bulldogs and AFLW she and her husband fully deserve free and special entry to anything at Whitten Oval. She is rightly held in high esteem by supporters. In terms of her entourage / film crew entry , that could and should have been arranged sometime prior to the event.
    Fully agree WestDog. Sue is great for the AFLW and you could argue that the competition wouldn't be as advanced as it is without her. To that end she should feel welcome at any ground let alone one that she has played such a significant role in getting set-up.

If however, you are bringing guests then this has to be arranged.

It's important that both PG and Sue get this sorted.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

And very soon please!