Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  77
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    What a pathetic response.

Just like Dave Porter and the cheer squad, when push comes to shove self-interest trumps any loyalty to the club.
    But she is the number one ticket holder at Frankston VFL club this year - that's loyalty
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Susan Alberti helped save the Western Bulldogs from extinction and turn the club into a success

PG is clearly a very difficult person to work with and during Sue's time as VP I'd imagine there were issues.

However it seems she's taking this as a personal slight against her, when in reality it is a management decision to only let staff and officials through that gate. The first step ahould have been to have a meeting with PG, who presumably would have explained that the main entrance is for club officials only - as Susan no longer holds an official position at the club, she unfortunately doesn't meet the criteria.

Right or wrong the media involvement has painted Susan in a bad light for me, while emphasising the difficulties of working with Peter Gordon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    PG is clearly a very difficult person to work with and during Sue's time as VP I'd imagine there were issues.

However it seems she's taking this as a personal slight against her, when in reality it is a management decision to only let staff and officials through that gate. The first step ahould have been to have a meeting with PG, who presumably would have explained that the main entrance is for club officials only - as Susan no longer holds an official position at the club, she unfortunately doesn't meet the criteria.

Right or wrong the media involvement has painted Susan in a bad light for me, while emphasising the difficulties of working with Peter Gordon.
    I don't believe Peter is a difficult person to work with. My wife worked with him at Slaters for over 10 years and can vouch for that.

He is highly professional and only expects the highest standards from all. Those that paint him difficult to work with obviously can't meet the standards expected. If anyone has any personal experience, fine but don't believe what you read in the daily rag.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    https://www.3aw.com.au/i-think-its-g...tern-bulldogs/

‘I think it’s gender-based’: Caro questions club culture at Western Bulldogs

Caro has slammed Peter Gordon’s actions as “childish” and called other figures at the Western Bulldogs into question over a range of recent incidents.

When addressing the issue of Sue Alberti being refused entry at last week’s AFLW match, Caro told Sportsday the issue stems from a long running feud between the two club stalwarts.

“I think it’s gender-based,” Caro said.

“It was probably a bit entitled but for heavens sake, it’s free entry, and she’s Susan Alberti.

“For Peter to put out that press release, that was one of the more childish retorts, and probably a slightly childish response from Sue.

“I’m amazed the club let it get that far.

“A lot of people seem to be putting their hands up about this flipping premiership.”

Caro also said she’s heard a number of issues coming out of the Dogs that she finds concerning.

“I don’t like some of the comments Luke Beveridge made last week,” she said.
    -----

Turn it up.

Wilson cops a lot of undeserved flak but she's - quite transparently - courting it here in spades.

After basically conceding the issue's a storm in a teacup, albeit an unedifying one - she takes an erratic swing at the Pres for being a misogynist, a feeble swing at the coach for something she "didn't like" and one more haymaker at the club for issues she finds "concerning".

Combining so much perniciousness with so little substance is quite the feat, even for someone whose default setting is oppositional storytelling. Your Freudian slip is showing Caro.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

6. Likes WBFC4FFC, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much Sue. Great effort at being a football club.

I was defending you before you ran off to your mate Nicole.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

I used to really admire PG and Alberti. I thought they were two people who were willing to put the club ahead of their own interests and we were all heading in the same direction. I still think the same about PG but from the start of this situation I was suspecting Alberti's motives because they weren't in the best interests of the club.

Take a good look in the mirror Susan and try and remember that it's not all about the person looking back at you.

Post Thanks / Like

She was getting entry though, she just didn't get let through a gate that was closed off to begin with

Post Thanks / Like

What a disgraceful performance from Alberti.

She should be ashamed of herself.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Easton Wood was denied entry ! I’d take exception in letting that nutcase Trump in the ground
    Time for an adult conversation Sue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Easton Wood was denied entry ! I’d take exception in letting that nutcase Trump in the ground
    Time for an adult conversation Sue
    Chris Judd board member wasn't allowed through as he didn't have a ticket (last night)

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody hell Sue thanks for helping the team

Post Thanks / Like

The most offensive part of this whole distasteful exercise is the idea that Susan Alberti somehow feels the need for protection when she enters Whitten Oval.

If it looks like an hysterical reaction and it sounds like an hysterical reaction and it feels like an hysterical reaction then it might be an hysterical reaction Susan. That's proven by the hysterical (funny this time) of Nicole Livingston. We get it, you have a new set of friends but you don't need to be rubbing our noses in them.

Post Thanks / Like

So she thinks shes too good to go through the commoners gates like the rest of us?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I get the reasons why people are siding with the club but I think we are being too harsh on Sue Alberti.

Regarding the media, I believe both Jack Hevrin and Michael Warner were entering the ground through the same entrance at around the same time so were likely sniffing around for a story. Apparently Hevrin even pleaded with security to get her checked in.

Sue needs to step up now and make sure she clears the air with PG. We need to move on.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can choose sides on this. At the end of the day, who cares.