Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cloke opens up on Mental Health Struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. The media has ran with this for to long , and has been unaccountable in apologising for mistruths.
    Decent performances and the narrative changes in 2018
    Yeah, but this irritates me too. During the fervour of our premiership, I recall being a bit disgruntled about all of the bandwagon jumpers who began to urinate in our pockets. Say the Doggies have a great 2018 - and even win the lot - I'll be pretty peeved when the inevitable happens and said media hacks begin to pump our tyres again. Some, I think, have burnt their bridges with us over the Stringer affair and I don't really care to read anything that they write about us ever again...good or bad. They can stick it!!!
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. The media has ran with this for to long , and has been unaccountable in apologising for mistruths.
    Decent performances and the narrative changes in 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Won't change from Barrett, we could win 3 in a row and have 100,000 fans with 10 mil in the bank and he would still be making up bad stories about us.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What I find astounding is that the negative information - predominantly true - about Stringer is all but in the public domain, meaning these opinion writers are cognisant of Stringer's issues like most of us are, but choose to sling crap at our club anyway.

Imagine your job required you to avoid using facts, and sling crap all over the place to get a result?
    The only "Essendon supporter pretending to be a fair and balanced journalist" I have heard be vaguely sensible about their trade period was Rohan Connally on SEN ths morning saying "geez we could have done with reinforcing our midfield instead of getting in yet more "not quite" key forwards." I remember thinking to myself that they won't be able to fit more than 5 forwards in their team at one time and if they think Stringer is going to fill in some of those midfield minutes then they are delusional. More delusional anyway.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The only "Essendon supporter pretending to be a fair and balanced journalist" I have heard be vaguely sensible about their trade period was Rohan Connally on SEN ths morning saying "geez we could have done with reinforcing our midfield instead of getting in yet more "not quite" key forwards." I remember thinking to myself that they won't be able to fit more than 5 forwards in their team at one time and if they think Stringer is going to fill in some of those midfield minutes then they are delusional. More delusional anyway.
    Essendon are even stubborn to not move Hooker back to his best spot in defence. They still think he can make FF.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    That's a tremendous article. He sounds like somebody who's dealt with himself very honestly. I hope he has a great future ahead.
    Yep agree PP very good article. It tries to get it from his perspective on what he was going through.

I used to use Facebook a lot myself but nowadays not at all and have recently deactivated my account. Still use the Facebook messenger app on the iPhone to contact friends if I need to as messenger is still functional even when you deactivate your Facebook account.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"