Re: Pre-season Training 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It looks like he is riding a toy bike.
    Happy Gravy Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Happy Gravy Day!

They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Really liking what I'm hearing this pre season. We seem committed to really having a solid 2018.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Really liking what I'm hearing this pre season. We seem committed to really having a solid 2018.
    Few best preseasons ever. Handful of guys taking it to the next level. And a couple looking like early Brownlow chances.

5. Likes Dancin' Douggy, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Few best preseasons ever. Handful of guys taking it to the next level. And a couple looking like early Brownlow chances.
    some are having their first proper run at it, and are tearing up the track I believe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Adams can seriously play too. Good mark, very quick and agile for his size and his reading of the play has improved a fair bit.

Simply needs a good run at it. Thought he was excellent again prior to injury in 2017.

He could be a big key to getting back up the ladder IMO.
    Yep for sure. He was very good down back. Will be a very important part of our defence in coming years.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if pre-season training has recommenced post the Xmas/New Year break. Seems to be awfully quiet at present on the Bulldog website.....
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Does anyone know if pre-season training has recommenced post the Xmas/New Year break. Seems to be awfully quiet at present on the Bulldog website.....
    Good question Smads. This thread hasn't been active since pre Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Back yesterday according to this:

Link

Pre-season so far: After getting back into the swing of things on November 9 after missing the finals, the Dogs spent the week leading into their Christmas break together in Torquay on a three-day training camp for a bit of pre-festive season bonding for the second year running. They'll again head north a few weeks after they reconvene on Monday, January 8 for another Sunshine Coast camp in Mooloolaba. Rhylee West, son of 324-game midfielder Scott West, has also been training with the club ahead of his draft year where he'll be eligible for father-son selection.

Time trial champ: The Dogs have refrained from official measured time trials but have put in plenty of endurance based sessions, where the likes of Bailey Dale, Toby McLean, Mitch Wallis, Lachie Hunter and Clay Smith have been performing.

Training return: January 8

Community camp: The Dogs are off to the central Victorian town of Ballarat, where they'll host two home and away matches in 2018, and will also send a contingent to the south-western town of Hamilton. The Ballarat visits will take place on March 1-2, and the Hamilton ones on March 2-3.

AFLX fixture: Saturday, February 17, Allianz Stadium: Sydney, Greater Western Sydney, the Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast, Richmond

JLT fixture: v Hawthorn, Mars Stadium, Ballarat, Saturday, March 3, 2.05pm AEDT; v Collingwood, Ted Summerton Reserve, Moe, Saturday, March 10, 1.05pm AEDT

Round one: v Greater Western Sydney, UNSW Canberra Oval, Sunday, March 25, 1.10pm AEDT

Last time: Round 21, 2017, Etihad Stadium, Western Bulldogs 7.15 (57) lost to Greater Western Sydney 16.9 (105)
    Last edited by Axe Man; 09-01-2018 at 06:45 PM.

11. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Axe Man.

Post Thanks / Like

This answers my question I had a while back about why we don't publish time trial results like most (if not all) other clubs - it seems we don't do them.

Time trial champ: The Dogs have refrained from official measured time trials but have put in plenty of endurance based sessions, where the likes of Bailey Dale, Toby McLean, Mitch Wallis, Lachie Hunter and Clay Smith have been performing.
    Interesting coaching method. I would have thought the natural competitiveness of players would help drive them to improve their times and beat their mates, thus improving their fitness levels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    This answers my question I had a while back about why we don't publish time trial results like most (if not all) other clubs - it seems we don't do them.

Interesting coaching method. I would have thought the natural competitiveness of players would help drive them to improve their times and beat their mates, thus improving their fitness levels.
    Might be doing something a bit different than the typical xkm run that still covers that off.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we don't care about how quick you are but more about going the distance.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

JJ and Biggsy back in respectively familiar saddles as of the last 24 hours ...

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Might be doing something a bit different than the typical xkm run that still covers that off.
    The AFL running programs are fairly short and intense.

Tory Dickson mentioned one of his in an interview last year that went for something like 13 minutes total - about 10 minutes of that was at 95% pace or higher. It's about repeat efforts, steady state running isn't the best way to improve results on the field.

In the early 2000s the Swans had a running session that went 150m, 250m, 350m, 450m, 550m, 650m, 750m X 3, then pyramid down again. Rest was 2x the time it took to complete each leg, I tried it and was vomiting before I even got to the first 750m.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Thanks hujsh, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post