Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New record by the Blues? How did they stuff up so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep agreed. I read a lot of salty Carlton supporters saying that the punishment they copped for salary cap cheating in 1999 were too much and set the club back too far. Well, yeah, that was part of the idea. They benefited from cheating and playing cute with the rules and spirit of the competition so they get no sympathy from me.
    Well how long can they use that excuse it’s 20years ago.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Well how long can they use that excuse it’s 20years ago.
    How many rebuilds can you go though in that time? Surely enough

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    How many rebuilds can you go though in that time? Surely enough
    Until they get it right. And that means bringing kids in, teaching them properly and stop taking short cuts with crap players from other clubs. It's a long process and it can't be abrogated.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

For all I care, they can stay at the bottom.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    For all I care, they can stay at the bottom.
    I'm going past that to say I hope they stay on the bottom. Apart from Richmond Carlton supporters are the most arrogant in the competition. I'm enjoying all the schadenfreude after the late '70s and early '80s-although even then we usually did OK against them. They really touched us up a couple of times with 20 goal wins but even reigning Carlton premiership teams used to dread the trip out to West Footscray.

1983 was the best. We finished stone, motherless last in 1982 and Carlton and Hawthorn played off in the grand final. We lose to Geelong in R1 and then went on 4 week winning spree that starts with Carlton at Whitten oval and includes Hawthorn two weeks later at Princes Park. That must be a unique record the wooden spooners beating both the grand finalists in the first 4 weeks of the season. That was a good team that Shane O'Sullivan (the one true SOS!) somehow put together on the smell of an oily rag.

8. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is with Carlton they still just keep sacking coaches and not looking at the culture or where they are going wrong higher up.
    They still think being from Carlton means your going to bring success.
    They won’t improve until they look in the mirror instead of passing the buck.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep agreed. I read a lot of salty Carlton supporters saying that the punishment they copped for salary cap cheating in 1999 were too much and set the club back too far. Well, yeah, that was part of the idea. They benefited from cheating and playing cute with the rules and spirit of the competition so they get no sympathy from me.
    There's only 1 team to win a flag in the same year they cheated the salary cap and they did it twice - Essendon in 1993 and 2000 (both flags should be stripped forever from the record books just as the storm's flags were). Then of course they disgraced the competition with their systematic PED regime straight out of East Germany, and were able to actually benefit through first access to supplementary list players and being able to trade into the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Carlton are dirty skunks who cheated the cap but they were punished far more than those red and black scumbags.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes Dancin' Douggy, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    There's only 1 team to win a flag in the same year they cheated the salary cap and they did it twice - Essendon in 1993 and 2000 (both flags should be stripped forever from the record books just as the storm's flags were). Then of course they disgraced the competition with their systematic PED regime straight out of East Germany, and were able to actually benefit through first access to supplementary list players and being able to trade into the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Carlton are dirty skunks who cheated the cap but they were punished far more than those red and black scumbags.
    It's a good point. I'm happy to take Essendon's flags off them. they should take 1923-24 off them too, they bribed their way to those.