Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Macrae commits to the Kennel

The Western Bulldogs have secured midfielder Jackson Macrae until at least the end of the 2022 season.
    Macrae, who was already contracted until the end of 2018, moved early to sign a four-year contract extension.

The 23-year-old was selected with pick six in the 2012 National Draft, and has played 99 games for the Bulldogs since his debut in Round 4, 2013.

“Jackson took his game to another level in 2017, and has become one of our most consistent performers,” said Bulldogs’ List Manager Jason McCartney.

“While he is already an important member of our midfield, he still has massive upside, and it’s fantastic to see him recommit for the long term.”

Macrae, a member of the Bulldogs’ 2016 AFL Premiership team, placed third in the Club’s Charles Sutton Medal in October, and was runner-up in 2014.

A dominant 2017 season saw him lead the disposal count for the Bulldogs, averaging 27.5 per game.
    He amassed 30 or more possessions in eight games last season, with a high of 41 against Port Adelaide in Round 22.

In each of his last four seasons, he has averaged more than 26 disposals.
    “It was an easy decision for me to recommit to the Bulldogs, because I’ve loved playing for the Club and am excited about what the future holds,” Macrae said.

“I’m proud to be on the verge of being a 100-game player at the Club, and motivated to continue to improve my game every season.

“I believe we have a young and talented group which is capable of achieving more success in the coming years, and I want to be a part of that.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Macrae commits to the Kennel

Great News, he is now contracted 5 more years.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Happy to have Jack locked away (insofar as that is meaningful these days)

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding. Most underrated player in the comp!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. Happy to have this done in advance (now Bont pls)

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To sign 4 years and read his statement, I think we are in a better position than the scribes rate us.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Very very nice

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    To sign 4 years and read his statement, I think we are in a better position than the scribes rate us.
    4 more years and he was already contracted to end 2018 - so he will be contracted for 5 years more.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news and incredibly pleasing to see that Jack's somewhat bucked the trend of A graders holding out to the eleventh hour to maximise their dollar worth.

Now for Marcus to re-commit.

Post Thanks / Like

He's our second most important player because he doesn't ever drop below an already high level. When we plan for the game we know we can put him down for 25 possies at the least. If we know that we pretty much always win a game when we get the ball 500 times then knowing we have a player that we can absolutely rely on to provide at least 25 of them is like gold.

He's already doing more than his bit at his very minimum output. The rest is gravy.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He's our second most important player because he doesn't ever drop below an already high level. When we plan for the game we know we can put him down for 25 possies at the least. If we know that we pretty much always win a game when we get the ball 500 times then knowing we have a player that we can absolutely rely on to provide at least 25 of them is like gold.
    One of, if not the most consistent performer on our list, but a fair way down the list in terms of importance.... in my eyes anyway.

Very happy he's locked away, looking forward to watching his game develop over the next few years, with his ability to affect the scoreboard either by kicking goals or creating goals high on the 'get better now' list.

Post Thanks / Like

Great re-signing . Very very underrated

Post Thanks / Like

This is fantastic news. I think Jack's a player whose importance is realised when he's not around almost more son than when he is.

We all know he needs to hit the score board more, and improve some of the finer points in his kicking however, he is as tough as nails and does more grunt work than a lot of midfielders of his ilk.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

We are wasting no time signing our main targets out of contract in 2018 it seems.

Can we do Cordy next please.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    One of, if not the most consistent performer on our list, but a fair way down the list in terms of importance.... in my eyes anyway.

Very happy he's locked away, looking forward to watching his game develop over the next few years, with his ability to affect the scoreboard either by kicking goals or creating goals high on the 'get better now' list.
    I see what you mean. Not every touch torches the opposition as much as it could but we can expect Jack to imporove aspects of his game year on year, he seems the sort of kid not content to rest on his laurels.

I really rate knowing you can book him in for a certain of touches every game. For me that pushes him into the role that West and Cross filled for so long. The uber consistent onballer that we can build a team around. They might not be 25 flashy touches but they will be 25 touches that will find a teamate that we can rely on week in week out while everyone else's numbers go up and down.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite