Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2018 Dogs bolters and sliders

OK, pick one Dogs player you think will show real improvement in 2018 over 2017, and one that will slide in 2018.

BOLTER

My bolter is Dunkley. Like what I read here. Sounds like he's already put a lot of work in.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-1...s-lucky-streak

SLIDER

And I'm sorry boys and girls, fairy tales have to end. My slider is Morris. I think we saw signs of Father Time last season.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Dogs bolters and sliders

I loved reading this;

"It's definitely a focus for us because on day one of pre-season we had the footballs out practising kicking and set shots," Dunkley said.

I really, really enjoyed it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes N/A, Eastdog, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bolter - Lipinski. I think there's a role for a mid sized forward. He looked lively in the final round.

Slider - Clay Smith. I have a feeling he's going to struggle to play more than a handful of games at most.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Dale has a lot of tricks and now knows that he can mix it at this level. I like to think he'll make chumps out of a few defenders in 2018
    Slider? I don't see Tom Campbell getting any better. He's been around for quite a while and has yet to cement his spot in the starting 22.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Bolter-Josh Schasche in the unfamiliar, for us, spare 200cm+ forward role

Slider-Tom Campbell. Hopefully he mentions me in his Brownlow acceptance speech.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bolter - A fit and healthy Marcus Adams . Stays on the park and he’ll be massive for us
    Slider- saw some frightening signs from Clay Smith . Seriously looked like the three knees have got him.
    Hope I’m wrong

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bolter - Tom Boyd, the giant awakes

Slider - Lin Jong, coming back from a knee could affect pace, serious competition for spots
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Bolter: Toby Mclean, will take another step forward

Slider: Redpath. Has lot's of competition for the big man spot
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bolter - Bailey Dale really started to look dangerous towards the end of last season

Slider - Picken's getting on a bit, might start to struggle with injuries and getting up every week
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Bolter - Tom Boyd to put the Grand Final day superman suit on for the whole season.
    Slider - I'm praying I'm wrong but I'm bloody worried about Picken this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Bolter - McLean for me. I predict a top 5 finish in the best and fairest and for him to cement a spot in our best 3 mids at the centre bounce. Was stoked with his improvement this year.

Slider - it's hard to pick anyone as a slider given the poor season's that most of our squad had, but I'm going to go with Dickson. Struggling with niggly injuries which are likely to get worse, not better. Needs to recapture his intensity or risk a Menzel-like situation...is 3 goals straight worth it if his opponent sets up five?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with BAD - McLean to be the bolter and Redders the slider
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bolter- Collins. Been in the system for a while now, think he has it in him to make the step up.

Slider- Roughead. Just not sure how you can command a regular place if youre not getting the footy or getting first hand at the ruck contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Bolter: Adams if he gets a proper run at it.

Slider: Picko. Has been a warrior but I just have a feeling he's on the down slope.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Bolter: Bailey Williams. This kid definitely has something. He just needs to build on his fitness base to enable him to impact more and more contests.

Slider: Tory Dickson. I hope I'm wrong but he seems to be on the downward spiral. He is still our most reliable set shot for goal but struggled to get near the ball last season. He hasn't had a proper pre season for a while so fingers crossed he can get through this one with a clean bill of health.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.