Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Dogs bolters and sliders

Bolter = Tim English - will become a regular senior player by the 2018 finals series.

Slider = Jordan Roughead - Jackson Trengove will take over as part of our ruck posse with Tom Boyd and Tim English.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Bolter - A fit and healthy Marcus Adams . Stays on the park and he’ll be massive for us
    Slider- saw some frightening signs from Clay Smith . Seriously looked like the three knees have got him.
    Hope I’m wrong
    Ill go with what you have said Remi.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Bolter: Bailey Williams. This kid definitely has something. He just needs to build on his fitness base to enable him to impact more and more contests.

Slider: Tory Dickson. I hope I'm wrong but he seems to be on the downward spiral. He is still our most reliable set shot for goal but struggled to get near the ball last season. He hasn't had a proper pre season for a while so fingers crossed he can get through this one with a clean bill of health.

I'm thinking it may be a bit the other way with Deadeye. He's had a couple of, not shocking, but frustrating seasons where he has carried niggles most weeks and has struggled for constant football. I'm thinking that if Tory can have a big preseason and build a base of fitness so he can concentrate on getting plenty of shots at goal with that lovely action of his then he can be just as important to us as he was early in his career.

I reckon Tory has a couple of years good footy left in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Bolter = Tim English - will become a regular senior player by the 2018 finals series.

Slider = Jordan Roughead - Jackson Trengove will take over as part of our ruck posse with Tom Boyd and Tim English.
    Yeah good one. Roughead would be looking over his shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Ill go with what you have said Remi.
    That you hope Remi is wrong?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That you hope Remi is wrong?
    Bolter: Marcus

Slider: Clay

So that's my bolter and slider for 2018 same as what Remi predicts.

Hoping Clay isn't a slider of course and that Marcus is a huge bolter.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 12-11-2017 at 01:42 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Huge call.

Is Roughie out of contract next year?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Bolter - Bailey Dale to go from one of our most improved to one of our most important in the forward half. Has the ability to find space, create opportunities and kick goals.

Slider - Sadly I'm going to echo those who have mentioned Jordan Roughead. Roughie has struggled with consistency over his career and with Boyd, Schache and Trengove all able to spend time in the ruck, it may spell the end for Roughie - not to mention we have Campbell (also may struggle for game time) and English (may not be ready yet). Hopefully Jordan can stay on the park and have a big year but if his form wavers or injuries hit, it will make it tough for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Huge call.

Is Roughie out of contract next year?
    Free agent. Might be that we allow him to explore his options if he's a big slider.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Free agent. Might be that we allow him to explore his options if he's a big slider.
    Don't forget he missed a big chunk of the year with injury too. Reckon he'll be back next season and own the ruck role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Don't forget he missed a big chunk of the year with injury too. Reckon he'll be back next season and own the ruck role.
    That is what I predict as well. The pre-season injury in 2017 ruined his year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Lin Jong is due for a change of luck. He has plenty of pace, raw courage, tackles with intent and is strong overhead. He needs to work on his disposal and decision-making.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

11. Likes Dry Rot, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy to be reminded at the end of the year, but IMO Roughie may become our permenent centre half forward and nail it. IMO also have a feeling after watching VFL finals closely, that Clay Smith will return to his best and be a real key for us up forward. So two Bolters, and if I must have a Slider (hate this kind of knocking our own) maybe time will start to catch up with Morris.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Lin Jong is due for a change of luck. He has plenty of pace, raw courage, tackles with intent and is strong overhead. He needs to work on his disposal and decision-making.
    Lin Jong was very good until that injury. If he can stay on the park he will be a very good contributor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avoid the rush View Post
    Happy to be reminded at the end of the year, but IMO Roughie may become our permenent centre half forward and nail it. IMO also have a feeling after watching VFL finals closely, that Clay Smith will return to his best and be a real key for us up forward. So two Bolters, and if I must have a Slider (hate this kind of knocking our own) maybe time will start to catch up with Morris.
    Clay 2016 finals form then he will be a hard one to stop.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just watched the finals series again. Clay Smith was very, very good both when he had the ball and when he didn't. A return to that saw of form would be wonderful. He is a player that I really admire.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

16. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I have just watched the finals series again. Clay Smith was very, very good both when he had the ball and when he didn't. A return to that saw of form would be wonderful. He is a player that I really admire.
    It's been over a year since Clay Smith played good footy for us. In 2018 will he be the player who worked his backside off to overcome another injury like he did in 2016 with a determined mindset or the guy who arrived in 2017 underdone and distracted who could only play 8 senior games? He was one of the more disappointing players last season and I hope Bevo has a recipe to spark his work ethic again
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

18. Likes merantau, bulldogtragic liked this post