Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rate a team in 2008: Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    What it does mean is that Adelaide are well advanced on Collingwood.

We will be meeting a team who will be well and truely up and running by round 1.
    But who still have an unreliable forward line set-up and a young and unproven ruck division.
    Solid backline though. Bock looked good on saturday night at CHB.
    I still don't think they have the class and depth to be above about 6th. I'm not convinced of the 2nd tier of mids below the established guys like Goodwin et al.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    But who still have an unreliable forward line set-up and a young and unproven ruck division.
    Solid backline though. Bock looked good on saturday night at CHB.
    I still don't think they have the class and depth to be above about 6th. I'm not convinced of the 2nd tier of mids below the established guys like Goodwin et al.
    I expect them to start well and round 1 will be tougher than round 16.

Post Thanks / Like

Having not looked at there draw they are one team who might jump out of the blocks quite quickly, but probably will drop away as the season continues.

Post Thanks / Like

Or when we play them in Rd 22 as the AFL draw would have it. I'm sure the logic is there somewhere.

I agree, Craig will have them up and ready to go, fitness is usually a real strongpoint of theirs, but I'm not sure that'll be enough to beat the structural issues they have. I agree, especially with such young ruckmen that they'll be better earlier on in the season but some young large bodies may struggle to cope with a full season.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Or when we play them in Rd 22 as the AFL draw would have it. I'm sure the logic is there somewhere.

I agree, Craig will have them up and ready to go, fitness is usually a real strongpoint of theirs, but I'm not sure that'll be enough to beat the structural issues they have. I agree, especially with such young ruckmen that they'll be better earlier on in the season but some young large bodies may struggle to cope with a full season.
    That's what I was trying to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, cant be bother sifting through pages among pages but Porpliza (sp) looked the goods on Friday night, especially his first quarter. Good by foot, strong over the ball. Actually the skills of that whole match really surprised me considering it was the first match of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    Not sure if its been mentioned yet, cant be bother sifting through pages among pages but Porpliza (sp) looked the goods on Friday night, especially his first quarter. Good by foot, strong over the ball. Actually the skills of that whole match really surprised me considering it was the first match of the season.
    Yeah Borgy, Porplyzia looked awesome in that 1st qtr. All reports are that he has his fitness levels up and is looking at midfield time. He certainly has the body to match it, just whether or not he has the engine to be consistant.

Post Thanks / Like

I read absolutely nothing into a game where one team was decimated with gastro and the other team so inspiring of bileful hatred I couldn't even see who was playing, the red mist so clouding my vision. Or was that the swirling desert sand.

(Before anyone jumps on me for the sand comment, I actually love the Middle East. My family lived in Oman for a couple of years when my parents' work took us there and I still have an aunt who works as a nurse over in Saudi.)

Collingwood and Adelaide. Why would anyone have even bothered turning the TV on. I feel dirty just typing their names.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    And who was the brainiac who just drafted him in XBox's fantasy footy comp? That bloke has a great eye for talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    And who was the brainiac who just drafted him in XBox's fantasy footy comp? That bloke has a great eye for talent.
    Yeah he's a dog haha.

I was close to selecting him aswell but decided against it at the last minute. Ohh well, good luck with him. I have the flag in the bag anyway

Post Thanks / Like

I think it will be a repeat of '07 they will start off strong and then taper off, fighting to get into the 8 at the end of the year. 8th or 9th.