Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Clayton

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scott Clayton

Thin outside soft type , thin outside soft type , thin outside soft type .
    Bit of a familiar pattern

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst there is always an argument on the players Clayton selected in whatever roles he has had the real concern is that he didn't make a better go of it with his opportunities he had with the Suns. A list manager is an architect that charts out and projects the shape of the list over the next few seasons. I don't see how anyone can really defend his position in this area because he didn't go close to getting an even acceptable result. Some of the more hard to defend selections the Suns made might very well have been forced on him but he had numerous opportunities and missed on too many of them.

I don't think he should be lost to football but he needs to branch out into something else. He still has something to offer AFL clubs but I would be surprised if he was given another long term list management gig.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Let's face it the Suns are a retirement home for players close to the end of their career and a shopfront to warehouse young players at. It stops about 30 kids from going off to another professional sport and gives them somewhere to play while they wait their turn to get shipped off to a proper club.

GWS are the same hing.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes macca liked this post