Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  84
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFLX revealed: Who your club plays and when

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Did you choose Con Air or Face Off?
    The Rock.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I don't think I've heard one person say they think it's a good idea. I get they're going for the 20/20 market and the US sports razzle dazzle but I'm not sure the game needs it. At least with 20/20 it resembles cricket. This isn't Aussie rules at all.
    AFL has to be classified as a national heritage cultural entity and start to have more oversight from independent bodies. It's turning into a farce. We want our game to have roots in Australia not America. It's too precious to let corporations like Marvel entertainment take it over. Our sport is built on something that evolved from communities in a complex way. Stamping American values all over it willy nilly won't nurture the game.
    Marvel Stadium, Apple Federation square, what next?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

3. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    AFL has to be classified as a national heritage cultural entity and start to have more oversight from independent bodies. It's turning into a farce. We want our game to have roots in Australia not America. It's too precious to let corporations like Marvel entertainment take it over. Our sport is built on something that evolved from communities in a complex way. Stamping American values all over it willy nilly won't nurture the game.
    Marvel Stadium, Apple Federation square, what next?
    Our club was born in blood and boots...

(I still loved the games last night but I know what you are saying...I guess that to me all that ‘stuff’ You mention is exactly what AFLx is for. Leave the clubs and traditions out of it and just have some fun.)
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I get what you are saying. I felt myself being an old curmudgeon as I wrote my last post. Still... It's all fun and games until Bont rolls an ankle. Call me sensitive but... I'm so over injuries to my favorite players! If they are going to do it then, go balls out... make them wear WWF style outfits.
    But in terms of options, why not do something with the vfl instead? Or do a mixed comp, men and women? Or a legends style fundraiser? Anyway, I'm going back to my rocking chair and blanket.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Still... It's all fun and games until Bont rolls an ankle. .
    Nat Fyfe to have surgery on his elbow following last night.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I wouldn’t put this down to AFLX. He did go into the game with a bad elbow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Our club was born in blood and boots...

(I still loved the games last night but I know what you are saying...I guess that to me all that ‘stuff’ You mention is exactly what AFLx is for. Leave the clubs and traditions out of it and just have some fun.)
    I ended up watchimg all the games and enjoyed them. The emphasis on pace and skills without the prospect of serious impact means they there are more contests for the ball without players not involved in the contest crashing into the pack with no intention of going for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Thank god it's not the Bont.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Fyfe has a bursa on his elbow that has been causing pain, he's now gone into surgery for that.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Fyfe has a bursa on his elbow that has been causing pain, he's now gone into surgery for that.
    Ive had one of those for the last few months. It's better known as tennis elbow the doctor said.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Oh noes.

Vale AFELX, we hardly knew ye.

What a pointless, predictably shithouse waste of time and resources.

At least this forecasts better support for the women's competition.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

12. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe David Stevenson should go back to Nike overseas. First he was turfed out of our club before he got an arse imprint into the CEO chair, and then progressed in his career to the AFEL where AFELX was his baby.

I'm not sure I've ever said this, the AFEL actually did something good for everyone (by stopping their self harm of the game).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest shock here is that there is someone within AFL HQ that actually had the self awareness to admit they created a turd AND pulled the trigger to kill it off.

#RIPZooperGoals
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The biggest shock here is that there is someone within AFL HQ that actually had the self awareness to admit they created a turd AND pulled the trigger to kill it off.

#RIPZooperGoals
    Probably the cleaner advised Hocking - " It ain't working son"
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.