Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  56
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leadership Group 2018 - Wood Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Are their boots colour coordinated?
    Great pick up there Twodogs
    Last edited by Eastdog; 20-11-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised that Mitch Wallis is not voted into the leadership group.

Also I would like to see Marcus Adams getting a promotion into the leadership group. He is quite vocal on the field and seem to motivate the guys a bit whenever they were down.
    Last edited by choconmientay; 20-11-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

It amazes me that JJ, Hunter and Red are in the leadership group ahead of men like Mitch Wallis, Jack MacRae and even Caleb Daniel.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

They need to photo shop some turf into the image. The joint looks like Princess Park circa 1991.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the boots when I first saw that photo too. Great news for all the boys and congratulations to all in the Leadership group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Are their boots colour coordinated?
    The colour signifies their rank!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

7. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I find some of them strange choices. Wood, Bont and Roughy are no brainers. JJ selection I like. Hunter and Big Red I have question marks over? I have no idea how they're selected but it's very surprising that a guy like Mitch Wallis is not included.

9. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I find some of them strange choices. Wood, Bont and Roughy are no brainers. JJ selection I like. Hunter and Big Red I have question marks over? I have no idea how they're selected but it's very surprising that a guy like Mitch Wallis is not included.
    Yep, the only thing I can guess is he got the same message Roughy got when he was left out a few years ago. Which was, 'it's not a demotion, but you've had injuries. Concentrate on your body, fitness and being a best 22 player. Further on, you can add this extra responsibility'. Coincidentally, which Roughy has done.

Cordy & Boyd were in leadership groups at U/18 level. I'd like to see them get a crack at it down the line too with Macrae & Daniel.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    It amazes me that JJ, Hunter and Red are in the leadership group ahead of men like Mitch Wallis, Jack MacRae and even Caleb Daniel.
    My perception is that we lacked strong leadership last year and it's one of the reasons why we performed so poorly.

Mitch Wallis was being touted as a potential captain of this club as soon as he arrived so it's seems strange to me he isn't one of the 6.
    Jack Macrae should also be in the mix, I'm not saying he wasn't, so it's another surprise he isn't in as well.

Unless Redpath has grown up or they are hoping he will scare a few of the boys he hasn't really inspired me for this sort of role
    Roughy is a great guy and a good leader, Hunter strikes me as being one of the boys more than being a leader.

I don't doubt Wood's commitment but has he got that edge to take on his team mates if they aren't committed?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When you see Wood in the 2016 finals huddles before quarters I think he has that fire in the belly to be firm when he needs to be. I think the boys walk a bit taller with big Red playing, whether this be in seniors or vfl. Bont as vice captain a no brainer. JJ’s loyalty and training standards probably set him up as a leader. Hunter perhaps more vocal than Macrae? As Bevo says, we expect all our players to be leaders in their own way. Would love to see Macrae, Dahl, Libba, Boyd, Cordy and Daniel grow into future leaders on and off the field. Confident some of them will. Agree Wallis needs to recover from his injury and also think his lack of speed and sometimes his disposal efficiency might see him challenging to stay in best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't doubt Wood's commitment but has he got that edge to take on his team mates if they aren't committed?
    He was reported three times last year for retailing against players having a go at our players, mainly the ones getting stuck into JJ.

As Josie says, he does have fire in the belly and won't take any nonsense, especially now that he has authority and Murph has gone.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He was reported three times last year for retailing against players having a go at our players, mainly the ones getting stuck into JJ.

As Josie says, he does have fire in the belly and won't take any nonsense, especially now that he has authority and Murph has gone.
    I'm not in anyway questioning his on field commitment but I'm asking if could he stand up to any shenanigans from some of our own boys?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not in anyway questioning his on field commitment but I'm asking if could he stand up to any shenanigans from some of our own boys?
    That is why I said: "won't take any nonsense, especially now that he has authority and Murph has gone" I meant internally
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think so. To me he has a tough but fair edge to his leadership style. I think it's exactly what we need right now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think so. To me he has a tough but fair edge to his leadership style. I think it's exactly what we need right now.
    I don't know, I hope so but he doesn't appear to exhibit that take no nonsense approach I think we need.