Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
Isn't it great, as a bulldog supporter to see some luck finally go our way. It seems decades and decades went by where the ball bounced the wrong way at crucial moments in big games. Unbelievable, unjust, nay, CRIMINAL free kicks cost us final, after final, after final. Dubious goal umpire calls. Jaw dropping deliberate out of bounds calls. Enraging and perplexing ruck infringement calls.....Other teams would repeatedly kick the whackiest most implausible goals, goals that wouldn't be believable even in the trashiest Hollywood plot lines. While we'd hit the post 4 times in a row, from dead in front.
Chris Grant missing the Brownlow because of that *&%&%$# Ian Collins whom I still haven't forgiven .........
That non entity Shane Woewoedin stealing the Brownlow from Westy with a truly average performance etc etc etc.
And to top it all off we would just stink it up in the draft, year after year. And trade in goofballs like Kingsley Hunter and Aaron......umm I can't even be bothered remembering his second name.

Now.......ever since Tom Boyd's big bomb in the grand final bounced through............. the kind of goal that NEVER bounces through for us, the cruel eye of ill fortune has swung it's evil, piercing, leering stare away from us. We are out of the shadow. We are walking in sunshine.

NOW. We have the Saints taking Billings before Bont. (generally considered the number 1 pick if the draft were held again now)*
*(I realise this was before the flag, but nevertheless, the tide must have been turning)

NOW. We win the flag and end up with pick 19 as our first pick...........and we pick Tim English. I've looked at that draft year again. I wouldn't trade him right now for anyone picked before him.

NOW. We have Bailey Smith landing with us at pick six (future drafts will revise him to be the number 1. Mark my words)

NOW. We have J.U.H. Landing in our laps. Top 5??? At least????

AND, of course the man in question Aaron Naughton......I mean.......will he be considered, in the future, to be the revised number 1 pick from his draft year.......... a once in a generation forward cunningly concealed in defenders clothing???
I know I wouldn't trade him right now for anyone picked before him.

The little wink after plucking another contested mark against the Tigers...... The death stare to that GWS pretty boy with the pink boots after humiliating him in a marking contest. He's fricken 19 years old!!!

I am so excited about our crop of youngsters I just can't wait for the year to start.

I just love his swagger. That wink was his arrival as a big time player.