Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  164
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs - Aaron Naughton

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I was thinking buzz aldrin/ lightyear.
    He does look like him.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I like 'Aaron'.
    Thanks “BT”, I like you too.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Browny( on the couch) just showed the clip of Naughton mark and stare down on Davis , has said all year he will be a gun , absolutely loves him.
    He does puff the chest out a bit when he takes a good grab. We really need a bit of swagger in the F50 and Naughts provides that.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He does puff the chest out a bit when he takes a good grab. We really need a bit of swagger in the F50 and Naughts provides that.
    That mark would have been way sexier if he’d kicked the goal though....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    That mark would have been way sexier if he’d kicked the goal though....
    -5 literal points for missing the goal, +100 figurative points for putting grizzled young veteran Phil Davis on his arse and in his place.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Naughty as a nick name. What young guy wouldn't like to be called Naughty.

Post Thanks / Like

I've spent the first half of this offseason re-watching all our games. After doing so I am 100% confident that I never, ever want to see Aaron play down the back ever again, I think in all my years of football watching he clearly has what it takes to be one of, if not, the best forward that has graced the red white and blue.

I also never want to see him in any other teams colors.

What a pick up this kid has been and to think how young he still is. Bring on 2020
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

10. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, strebla, bornadog, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I've spent the first half of this offseason re-watching all our games. After doing so I am 100% confident that I never, ever want to see Aaron play down the back ever again, I think in all my years of football watching he clearly has what it takes to be one of, if not, the best forward that has graced the red white and blue.

I also never want to see him in any other teams colors.

What a pick up this kid has been and to think how young he still is. Bring on 2020
    Yes he is great to watch. When you consider this pre season will be the very first time in his short career training with the forwards the sky's the limit for Naughty.

Post Thanks / Like

Sending him forward was a master stroke. Can't wait to see him after a preseason in the position.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Sending him forward was a master stroke. Can't wait to see him after a preseason in the position.
    How many supporters canned Bevo at the start of the year? #inbevowetrust
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How many supporters canned Bevo at the start of the year? #inbevowetrust
    I'll put my hand up. We still left a massive hole where he would have been to do it but we grew as a team defensively and got away with playing shorter lineups at times. It's still a huge hole that we need to fill now, hopefully Keath helps out there when healthy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'll put my hand up. We still left a massive hole where he would have been to do it but we grew as a team defensively and got away with playing shorter lineups at times. It's still a huge hole that we need to fill now, hopefully Keath helps out there when healthy.
    Yes we were all wondering what Bevo was doing including me.

I think playing forward is harder than playing back, and Aaron at 19 years of age did pretty well. Mind you as an 18 year old backman he wasn't bad either. We have a ripper on our hands

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He has too much swagger for down back.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it great, as a bulldog supporter to see some luck finally go our way. It seems decades and decades went by where the ball bounced the wrong way at crucial moments in big games. Unbelievable, unjust, nay, CRIMINAL free kicks cost us final, after final, after final. Dubious goal umpire calls. Jaw dropping deliberate out of bounds calls. Enraging and perplexing ruck infringement calls.....Other teams would repeatedly kick the whackiest most implausible goals, goals that wouldn't be believable even in the trashiest Hollywood plot lines. While we'd hit the post 4 times in a row, from dead in front.
    Chris Grant missing the Brownlow because of that *&%&%$# Ian Collins whom I still haven't forgiven .........
    That non entity Shane Woewoedin stealing the Brownlow from Westy with a truly average performance etc etc etc.
    And to top it all off we would just stink it up in the draft, year after year. And trade in goofballs like Kingsley Hunter and Aaron......umm I can't even be bothered remembering his second name.

Now.......ever since Tom Boyd's big bomb in the grand final bounced through............. the kind of goal that NEVER bounces through for us, the cruel eye of ill fortune has swung it's evil, piercing, leering stare away from us. We are out of the shadow. We are walking in sunshine.

NOW. We have the Saints taking Billings before Bont. (generally considered the number 1 pick if the draft were held again now)*
    *(I realise this was before the flag, but nevertheless, the tide must have been turning)

NOW. We win the flag and end up with pick 19 as our first pick...........and we pick Tim English. I've looked at that draft year again. I wouldn't trade him right now for anyone picked before him.

NOW. We have Bailey Smith landing with us at pick six (future drafts will revise him to be the number 1. Mark my words)

NOW. We have J.U.H. Landing in our laps. Top 5??? At least????

AND, of course the man in question Aaron Naughton......I mean.......will he be considered, in the future, to be the revised number 1 pick from his draft year.......... a once in a generation forward cunningly concealed in defenders clothing???
    I know I wouldn't trade him right now for anyone picked before him.

The little wink after plucking another contested mark against the Tigers...... The death stare to that GWS pretty boy with the pink boots after humiliating him in a marking contest. He's fricken 19 years old!!!

I am so excited about our crop of youngsters I just can't wait for the year to start.

19. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    AND, of course the man in question Aaron Naughton......I mean.......will he be considered, in the future, to be the revised number 1 pick from his draft year.......... a once in a generation forward cunningly concealed in defenders clothing???
    I know I wouldn't trade him right now for anyone picked before him. .
    The Draft that Year - some pretty good players
    Games to date
    1 Brisbane Cameron Rayner 46
    2 Fremantle Andrew Brayshaw 39
    3 Carlton Paddy Dow 39
    4 North Melbourne Luke Davies-Uniacke 21
    5 Fremantle Adam Cerra 41
    6 Collingwood Jaidyn Stephenson 40
    7 St Kilda Hunter Clark 29
    8 St Kilda Nicholas Coffield 18
    9 Western Bulldogs Aaron Naughton 41
    10 Carlton Lochie O'Brien 35

Where would you rank him now? I think at least top 5

Mind you Tim Kelly was taken at 24, and James Worpel at 45