Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  164
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs - Aaron Naughton

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    In the Coaches votes, one of the coaching groups rated Naughton the 2nd best player on theground in this weeks Swans game. Huge praise as most didn't include him in the best players. Would be interesting to know if it was our coaches or Swans that rated him so highly.
    Yeah Longmire must have had him BOG because of those pin point passes he did to the swans players!!

Nah serious he was pretty good overall and played an important role dropping in front of Franklin. Pretty daunting stuff, more so for an 18 yeayear old.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I only just saw that myself, well done to the young bloke

AFLCA Votes – Round 4
    8 Isaac Heeney
    5 Jack Macrae
    4 Aaron Naughton
    4 Luke Parker
    3 Dane Rampe
    2 Lance Franklin
    2 Toby McLean
    1 Matthew Suckling
    1 Bailey Williams
    Was really strange voting from the coaches, Heeney was the only player to feature in both Bevo and Horse's votes. Macrae got best on from one coach and nothing from the other. Parker also stiff to miss out completely from one coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yeah Longmire must have had him BOG because of those pin point passes he did to the swans players!!

Nah serious he was pretty good overall and played an important role dropping in front of Franklin. Pretty daunting stuff, more so for an 18 yeayear old.
    As good as he has been, is he in line for a rest this week if the weather turns foul? Missing a tough, wet slog (and Perth road trip) would be a significant freshen up.

After this week we have a very winnable six game stretch that takes us to the bye (Carlton, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Adelaide, Collingwood, and Melbourne). All of those games aside Adelaide (A) are at Etihad. Surprisingly, the toughest game here looks like the Collingwood one at the moment.

Young was apparently best on or close to it for Footscray (in the wet, windy conditions), it is probably as good a time as any to put him on ice for a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    As good as he has been, is he in line for a rest this week if the weather turns foul? Missing a tough, wet slog (and Perth road trip) would be a significant freshen up.

After this week we have a very winnable six game stretch that takes us to the bye (Carlton, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Adelaide, Collingwood, and Melbourne). All of those games aside Adelaide (A) are at Etihad. Surprisingly, the toughest game here looks like the Collingwood one at the moment.

Young was apparently best on or close to it for Footscray (in the wet, windy conditions), it is probably as good a time as any to put him on ice for a week.
    Given he’s from WA and that this is our first trip there, I’d be astounded if he was rested rather than heading over to play in front of friends and family.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

5. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Aaron, but his kicking disturbs me. Fix this and he can become elite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Given he’s from WA and that this is our first trip there, I’d be astounded if he was rested rather than heading over to play in front of friends and family.
    Yeah, good point. I forgot he was from WA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I would've went for 'frustrates', but maybe that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so sure its as terrible as we all thought. His action remains hideous, and it will always cause his mistakes to seem incredibly bad, but aside from his one horrible error it's holding up pretty well.

He definitely makes BOLD decisions which can lead to error, which probably multiplies the perception. He's almost like if Daniel Talia had Matt Suckling's brain.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes hujsh, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What gives me hope is that Rance didn't hit a target for about 4 years and still turned out OK and there's some great similarities between him and Naughton.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What gives me hope is that Rance didn't hit a target for about 4 years and still turned out OK and there's some great similarities between him and Naughton.
    Naughton and Cordy need to stick to kicking with their preferred foot.
    Last edited by bornadog; 18-04-2018 at 11:53 PM. Reason: error
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton and Cordy need to stick to kicking with the right foot.
    That's just it though. Every opponent will know that and force them onto their left foot. Sometimes you get no choice about what foot you kick the ball with.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's just it though. Every opponent will know that and force them onto their left foot. Sometimes you get no choice about what foot you kick the ball with.
    Look at Suckling, brilliant left footer but can't kick right. I know what you mean, but some of those left passes over the last few weeks resulted in damaging turnovers.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at Suckling, brilliant left footer but can't kick right. I know what you mean, but some of those left passes over the last few weeks resulted in damaging turnovers.
    He's gotten a bit better recently hasn't he? Macrae definitely has.

Post Thanks / Like

Suckling is experienced enough to not often get trapped on his right foot. Hopefully it will come with Cordy and Naughton too. Both are fairly natural footballers so it should.

It's a bit different to when I was a kid. Being a left footer you could just pick the ball up and turn on the opposite side to the right footer and it would get your opponent every time. "Oh geez I didn't expect him to turn that way. It's what he's done every other time he's got the ball but it still gets me in" I didn't get the ball a lot so it gave them plenty of time to forget I guess!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton and Cordy need to stick to kicking with the right foot.
    I assume you mean ‘stick to kicking with their preferred foot’ - as Naughton is a left footer, and Cordy a right footer.