Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  164
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs - Aaron Naughton

Where's Rockimgham?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Where's Rockimgham?
    Outer suburban Perth - down south. With my limited knowledge, I get the impression that it is Frankston-esque...
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

3. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs - Aaron Naughton

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Outer suburban Perth - down south. With my limited knowledge, I get the impression that it is Frankston-esque...

Thanks for that.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Rockingham is suburban these days...that is a bit of a stretch though. It is suburban in that urban sprawl has nearly connected it to the sea of houses from there to the city but...

It was originally a fishing destination/escape that sprung up south of the Kwinana industrial area/port (think B.P, Coal power station and lower working class) but now there are houses there valued at $2million +. It is quite pretty but the industrial area is very visible from the foreshore on the western side (though not so much from 'around the point')...Even with the freeway extension it is 40 mins from the City which in Perth traffic would mean a 90+ minute commute each way...

The cliche's are all about unemployment, ugg boots, bad tattoos (particularly of the post-code which is 6169) and drugs...the reality - like most realities I guess - is a fair bit different in 2018.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I guess Rockingham is suburban these days...that is a bit of a stretch though. It is suburban in that urban sprawl has nearly connected it to the sea of houses from there to the city but...

It was originally a fishing destination/escape that sprung up south of the Kwinana industrial area/port (think B.P, Coal power station and lower working class) but now there are houses there valued at $2million +. It is quite pretty but the industrial area is very visible from the foreshore on the western side (though not so much from 'around the point')...Even with the freeway extension it is 40 mins from the City which in Perth traffic would mean a 90+ minute commute each way...

The cliche's are all about unemployment, ugg boots, bad tattoos (particularly of the post-code which is 6169) and drugs...the reality - like most realities I guess - is a fair bit different in 2018.

So it's a bit like Werribee then? Out of the city and with beaches and bogans? Although the postcode tattoo thing is more of a Braybrook happening. They live their postcode tattooed on their neck, I guess it helps them find their way home?

Post Thanks / Like

BT is the man!!! Well done on getting the extension done in under 24 hours.

Extended till end of 2020.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We've recently been in the habit of re-signing highly talented top picks in their first year. Any wonder why we haven't got his signature as yet?
    Just announced. Locked away until end of 2020.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BT is the man!!! Well done on getting the extension done in under 24 hours.

Extended till end of 2020.
    When I talk. They listen.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Daughter of the West, azabob, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news......much needed great news.

Now we need to get on the front foot with a Bont extension, a few key signings showing all and sundry players want to play with us long term before the year is out will help our post season efforts.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Should I be concerned that he only extended by 1 year?

Looks a very good propsect so looking forward to watching him develop in the R,W&B.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Should I be concerned that he only extended by 1 year?

Looks a very good propsect so looking forward to watching him develop in the R,W&B.
    A little bit. We are throwing two year contracts at anyone at the minute, especially young top draftees. My guess is that he was waiting to see if he could push his value up by waiting a bit longer this year. Perhaps he wants only one year to push the dollar value up on a fourth year onwards contract. Which is unusual for a draftee, but that's my guess.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If he was thinking of leaving or concerned about the club in any way why would he have extended at all?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If he was thinking of leaving or concerned about the club in any way why would he have extended at all?
    By not committing long term he's backing in on a big cash grab at 2020. It's great that he's signed on with us for another year, I just hope he wants to continue with us when an AFL backed, cashed up Gold Coast throw their bank balance at him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    By not committing long term he's backing in on a big cash grab at 2020. It's great that he's signed on with us for another year, I just hope he wants to continue with us when an AFL backed, cashed up Gold Coast throw their bank balance at him.
    Do we know an offer beyond 2020 was put on the table and refused?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Do we know an offer beyond 2020 was put on the table and refused?
    Plus why would we commit beyond 2020 with a current 18 year old kid. Who knows what happens in 2.5 years time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.