Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  127
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western bulldogs Billy Gowers

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Correct response, coaching is Bevo's responsibility and he should brook no interference.

Ideally we should have had more than one Rookie spot. If I was Dal I put in that situation I guess my response would have been to say they should have cut deeper and freed up more spots at trade time. I wonder how much it had to do with Dal scooting up to Sydney with a year to go on his contract?
    Bevo is coach and has to coach these players, he wanted Gowers and he has the right to override. Good enough for me.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Remember when McCartney did this except with our first round pick?
    It was a good move too. Just a shame Smith banged his knee up so many times, albeit being a major factor in our preliminary final and grand final wins.

I think at the time Dal was interested in Crozier at the Smith pick, but don't quote me on that.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It was a good move too. Just a shame Smith banged his knee up so many times, albeit being a major factor in our preliminary final and grand final wins.

I think at the time Dal was interested in Crozier at the Smith pick, but don't quote me on that.
    Yes he was

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Billy might be very influential tonight. With 3 talls, Boyd should be forward more which should give BG a bit more space and opportunity. I reckon he might go alright in the wet too, he holds his feet, can use his body and has good hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

I guess he was right to do it given Dal drafted Mick Talia with his next pick. On purpose.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

What an inspired choice by Bevo.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    What an inspired choice by Bevo.
    He's exciting to watch isn't he? Have liked seeing him spend time in the midfield. He's so dynamic Billy!

Post Thanks / Like

Billy Goat has been very impressive the last few weeks. He's kicked some great goals and has added another string to this bow - probably worth noting he's been able to make a bigger midfield impact than the package did in a much shorter space of time.

10. Likes josie, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Billy Goat has been very impressive the last few weeks. He's kicked some great goals and has added another string to this bow - probably worth noting he's been able to make a bigger midfield impact than the package did in a much shorter space of time.
    I think Billy will always get the Stringer comparisons because he was more or less his replacement in the side, but they're reasonably similar players too. Quick, long kick, strong, but not that tall
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I think Billy will always get the Stringer comparisons because he was more or less his replacement in the side, but they're reasonably similar players too. Quick, long kick, strong, but not that tall
    Except Gowers actually uses his strength in the contest, Stringer went the fend sometimes but he's a shocking contested mark while Gowers is pretty reliable one out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Except Gowers actually uses his strength in the contest, Stringer went the fend sometimes but he's a shocking contested mark while Gowers is pretty reliable one out.
    Stringer doesn't like body contact

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stringer doesn't like body contact

To be fair he didn't mind it until that thug Stephen May heroically attacked Stringer from behind and dislocated his shoulder. Before that Stringer loved edging blokes out of the contest and swooping on the loose ball.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair he didn't mind it until that thug Stephen May heroically attacked Stringer from behind and dislocated his shoulder. Before that Stringer loved edging blokes out of the contest and swooping on the loose ball.
    May hit him from the side, it was a fair bump.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    May hit him from the side, it was a fair bump.
    You reckon? Next time I see you we can reproduce it, I will be May and you can be Stringer and then you can tell me again that it was a fair bump.

From where I sat Stringer is going back and watching the the ball and May lines him up in as cynical a fashion as I have seen. May may have hit him from the side but he still lined him up and took him out from a place where Stringer couldn't see him.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

You reckon? Next time I see you we can reproduce it, I will be May and you can be Stringer and then you can tell me again that it was a fair bump.

From where I sat Stringer is going back and watching the the ball and May lines him up in as cynical a fashion as I have seen. May may have hit him from the side but he still lined him up and took him out from a place where Stringer couldn't see him.
    Check the vision, around 6.25