Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
An outstanding effort by everyone at the club. 3 years ago I thought we were 10 years away from being debt free.

We have many challenges coming up and we can't take the foot off the accelerator. Our position is still very reliant on membership and the commitment of our supporters so we all have a role to play to .

How great will it be if we can back it up in 12 months with another $1M+ profit announcement?

The days of being known as the struggling club from the West will long behind us
I'm assuming we didn't have Mercedes advance us, nor Bob Jane. So with a bit of luck that cash will give us a big head start towards that profit range you mention. I fear a membership drop off of (worst case) 10% next year. But if we come out guns blazing in the first month, we should grow the membership yet again.

It's just wonderful to know a line in books of $1,000,000 or more was not a benefactor bailing us out. It's great to have those club heroes do those things for us, but it's better to have our masses doing it with competent financial management. Those 2016 players have a huge legacy beyond a flag, they've set in motion a bulldozing of the debt and built the future profits with 4 amazing weeks.