Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 88 of 152 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

The fabric of football lives another day. I thought he got there late, turned his body to bump and broke his jaw but it was a 50/50 and I'm glad the game has been saved. From what Robbo was saying it was Rowe v Wade stuff.

You have to be able to contest the ball, but there is also a responsibility not to be overly reckless in doing so.

It really reminded me of how Pickett used to clean up blokes, hit with incredible acceleration and force. But players are well drilled in ensuring they go the ball now and don't follow through with the shirt front so it was really a work of art.

Tldr sh1t happens. He kind of meant to hit him but ok with result.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct result
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that could have gone either way. Kind of turned his body to bump, kind of left the ground, got him high with very high impact, but almost carrying the ball at the time
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Good result, and the one I wanted to see.

We just have to acknowledge that even if it's unspoken by the cleansed masses in the AFL bubble the intent was to get the ball and hit the man as hard as possible and that's what's happened.

Acceptance of risk is a two way street and both players entered the field of play accepting that they may come off injured as a result of collisions like this. Clark should have protected himself more thoroughly and known entering that contest could have resulted in severe injury like it did. He chose not to for one reason or another. Mackay wanted the ball but also wanted the man and if we're going to discuss this type of issue we need to be mature about the fact that going as hard as you can, turning your body and hitting someone who may not have done the same things to prepare themselves will result in instances like this.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

We just have to acknowledge that even if it's unspoken by the cleansed masses in the AFL bubble the intent was to get the ball and hit the man as hard as possible and that's what's happened..
    Is that not always the case? In order to properly protect yourself and also to ensure that you can get an effective gather of the ball you use your body and remove the abiilty of the other player to get it / tackle you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Is that not always the case? In order to properly protect yourself and also to ensure that you can get an effective gather of the ball you use your body and remove the abiilty of the other player to get it / tackle you.
    Yes absolutely, and players also want to hurt their opponents because it's a game of attrition.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch a knee jerk reaction from the AFL and a rule change happen

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It won't be looked at but should Selwood cop something for his two incidents last night?

The one where he grabbed Macrae's hair and push his head into the ground is pretty dog and worthy of a fine at least. Is it really that different to the infamous Rance and Tom Lynch ones where they did the same to players from behind?

And the stomping one looked deliberate on the only watch through we got (no replays unfortunately). I know I may have come at it from a biased pov but it was pretty poor from a known f*ckhead.

Surely ho cops at least a fine from one or both of these incidents.

Selwood is also my most hated player fwiw, so again I might not be the most objective about all this. Toby Greene is up there but is much more enjoyable to watch when he is doing good stuff than Selwood.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    It won't be looked at but should Selwood cop something for his two incidents last night?

The one where he grabbed Macrae's hair and push his head into the ground is pretty dog and worthy of a fine at least. Is it really that different to the infamous Rance and Tom Lynch ones where they did the same to players from behind?

And the stomping one looked deliberate on the only watch through we got (no replays unfortunately). I know I may have come at it from a biased pov but it was pretty poor from a known f*ckhead.

Surely ho cops at least a fine from one or both of these incidents.

Selwood is also my most hated player fwiw, so again I might not be the most objective about all this. Toby Greene is up there but is much more enjoyable to watch when he is doing good stuff than Selwood.
    He is detestable. His whole demeanour is so petulant. And that action of standing on Duryea’s leg is not in keeping with his overblown reputation as courageous. But, there will be no action taken, because, you know, Geelong…
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

11. Likes josie, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cats skipper facing scrutiny over ‘dirty acts’ in Friday night thriller

Geelong captain Joel Selwood could come under scrutiny from the Match Review Officer for two ugly incidents during Friday night’s nail biting win over the Western Bulldogs.

Selwood played a critical role in the side’s thrilling win over the Dogs at GMHBA Stadium, finishing with 29 touches and 10 clearances, but two pieces of vision circulating on social media have ignited calls for action against the 33-year-old.

First, Selwood could be seen clumsily flinging his fist at the head of Dogs opponent Bailey Dale, while later in the match appeared to scrape against the head and eye region of Taylor Duryea before stumbling over his left leg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Geelong captain Joel Selwood could come under scrutiny from the Match Review Officer for two ugly incidents during Friday night’s nail biting win over the Western Bulldogs.

Selwood played a critical role in the side’s thrilling win over the Dogs at GMHBA Stadium, finishing with 29 touches and 10 clearances, but two pieces of vision circulating on social media have ignited calls for action against the 33-year-old.

First, Selwood could be seen clumsily flinging his fist at the head of Dogs opponent Bailey Dale, while later in the match appeared to scrape against the head and eye region of Taylor Duryea before stumbling over his left leg.
    How's the language being used. Sheesh.
    "It's over. It's all over."

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    How's the language being used. Sheesh.
    The media commentary and language on Selwood remains astonishing. Great player but I will never understand how his darker side is rarely called out for what it is as he has form in this area.

16. Likes Testekill, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    The media commentary and language on Selwood remains astonishing. Great player but I will never understand how his darker side is rarely called out for what it is as he has form in this area.
    Yep. The fix is on.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Mumford and Selwood both get treated the same.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I would be embarrassed if our captain did that

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post