Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 31 of 152 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Ablett's contact was late and high and he jumped into it. I get the AFL don't like suspending the star or high profile players but he did a few things wrong and can't keep evading a suspension.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Ablett's contact was late and high and he jumped into it. I get the AFL don't like suspending the star or high profile players but he did a few things wrong and can't keep evading a suspension.

That shouldn't even enter the equation. In fact because he is a competition star he should be held to a higher standard.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

How does last week get a week then turned into a fine and this one a” nothing to see here” when they were carbon copy ???
    Bring back the biff

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a joke. The afl should appeal this decision like the Houli one last year if they had any balls. But then again this is probably Michael Christian saying to the AFL, I suspend the players using the guidelines you set for me, then then the players goes and appeals my decision and you let them off so I might as well save you the trouble with appeals and I won't even bother rubbing them out in the first place.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

6. Likes 1eyedog, bulldogtragic, divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought this week's was worse. It's late and there is no defensible reason for him to be doing that other than to create contact. It may not deserve a suspension, but at least the one last week was in the play.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch the 3 video's of the incidents https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-...ung-roo-banned and tell me how Gary and Nate get off if the North youngster doesn't?

Gary's, deliberately high and late;
    Nate's, high;
    Durdin's is in play and shepherd's his player.

The only difference between the 3 is that Durdin's hit resulted in a rohan concussion. If Gary or Nate had connected properly the results would have been worse. Surely as an MRO your objective is to stamp out dangerous practices and that's exactly what the 2 were. In my books Durdin's been done for a hip and shoulder.

9. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Watch the 3 video's of the incidents https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-...ung-roo-banned and tell me how Gary and Nate get off if the North youngster doesn't?

Nate's, high;

The only difference between the 3 is that Durdin's hit resulted in a rohan concussion. If Gary or Nate had connected properly the results would have been worse. Surely as an MRO your objective is to stamp out dangerous practices and that's exactly what the 2 were. In my books Durdin's been done for a hip and shoulder.
    It could be as simple as that 2 of the players concerned have won Bronwlow's the other hasn't otherwise what you have said is spot on
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post

Nate's, high;

Fyfe got away with the same thing when he elbowed Ed Richards in the head a couple of weeks ago.

These guys are just getting away with it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Fyfe got away with the same thing when he elbowed Ed Richards in the head a couple of weeks ago.

These guys are just getting away with it.
    Yep, they were just taking the piss now.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...68f3b8b16a4feb

Dale Thomas referred direct to the tribunal after calling a boundary umpire a 'GrubGrubGrubGrubing cheat'.

Thoughts?

Many will think this is overkill, but the 'c' word is the WORST thing you can accuse any umpire of.

Rugby Union referee Wayne Barnes sent off a player in the European Cup final for it and was widely praised in the rugby world. The player was the England captain at the time.

14. Likes GVGjr, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems heavy, but fair. To call anyone that is absolutely disgusting. No matter what an umpire does, never equate them to that scumbag Damien GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub. There's some things that you just can't take back. 4-6 weeks minimum.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Seems heavy, but fair. To call anyone that is absolutely disgusting. No matter what an umpire does, never equate them to that scumbag Damien GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub. There's some things that you just can't take back. 4-6 weeks minimum.
    I have called them a cheat, especially some boundary umpires who blantantly see the ball go over the line but let it go when a player picks it up.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I have called them a cheat, especially some boundary umpires who blantantly see the ball go over the line but let it go when a player picks it up.
    Why on earth would a boundary umpire deliberately make an incorrect call? You do realise they operate in an environment with players, other umpires, etc that can obscure their view? Their view is always going to be different to yours. You are also talking about times where it's a matter of millimetres as to whether the ball is in or out. What you see as blatantly out may not be. And sometimes they actually make mistakes as well.

18. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why the MRO didn't look at Kelly elbowing Trengove in the head. Floored Trengove and I bet it hurt.

20. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why the MRO didn't look at Kelly elbowing Trengove in the head. Floored Trengove and I bet it hurt.
    Because he plays for Geelong and is a Brownlow favourite. I asked the same question at work and a Geelong supporter said to me - gee the umpires like you guys. I won't repeat my reply.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

22. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post