Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 94 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

As bad as it looks (and it really is bad), based on previous history of misconduct incidents, it's hard to see it ending up as more than a fine.

Post Thanks / Like

But he's such a tough ball player Viney, you don't want to see players like that miss games...........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    As bad as it looks (and it really is bad), based on previous history of misconduct incidents, it's hard to see it ending up as more than a fine.
    and to show you we’re serious about this sort of stuff, we’re banning controlled boxing as a form of training.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But he's such a tough ball player Viney, you don't want to see players like that miss games...........
    #topbloke

Post Thanks / Like

Disgraceful from Viney, looks worse on video as he held it there forcefully for at least five seconds. I instantly thought of Phil Hughes when I saw it. Must get weeks and would be laughable if just a fine. Not sure how Melbourne go having to make a change to their 23 this week, unchartered territory.

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Brian Lake get a few weeks for something vaguely similar. Going the neck / throat when in a vulnerable position. (get they are different actions). Petrie if I recall.

Post Thanks / Like

Viney = complete dog act. Could’ve caused serious damage to Collins throat. Anything under 2 weeks is a joke.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have no faith in the MRO/tribunal so no idea what Viney gets.. Personally it's 2 weeks as a minimum, but when players can throw elbows back and hit their opponents flush and get a paltry fine, well you get the drift.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Didn't Brian Lake get a few weeks for something vaguely similar. Going the neck / throat when in a vulnerable position. (get they are different actions). Petrie if I recall.
    Yeah Lake got 4 for what he did to Petrie, Brent Harvey got 3 for doing something similar to Picken.

11. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No clear consensus of what's going to happen after arguments. AFL says contact was to the neck/throat and wants a minimum of 2 games. Viney says contact was to the jaw and therefore no likelihood of injury and I presume wants a fine. With the way the tribunal works these days, there's an injury report but the victim isn't a witness so no one can ask Collins (I would expect most players to back other players).

Jury deliberating. First issue that needs to be solved is the point of impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Guilty. Awaiting sentencing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks.

West Coast & Adelaide the opponents for those games.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

What an absolute joke, the fact that he was trying to argue that it was Collins' jaw just means that he didn't think what he did should have been punishable.

Post Thanks / Like

At least he got something for it. Was probably worth 3-4 but they did a good job with their defense at putting doubt in the mind of the jury. That, combined with the AFL giving 2 weeks as an option, meant it would never be more.

Post Thanks / Like

Taylor Walker under investigation for a racial slur in a SANFL game.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ad...50895281b9e4a4