Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 39 of 152 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    This. I saw it from my seat near the boundary.
    Did you notice GWS continuously tackled our players before they grabbed the ball.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Who was pulling Toby Greene off Bont? Bailey Smith after a fair bit of time had passed. We left it to a first year player to stand up for our gun player being attacked by a grub. West wasn’t too far away either. Two first year players. Neither took a backward step all day either.

https://twitter.com/aflcomau/status/...043393025?s=21

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Because that alcoholic wino sniper Kevin Sheedy, that's why.
    Bang ! We have a winner
    Sheedy started this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Did you notice GWS continuously tackled our players before they grabbed the ball.
    I more noticed elbows and forearms to the head and neck after a tackle.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    The footage from Stevo on channel 7 is disgraceful. He should get 5+ weeks. Can’t allow that on a footy field. If he did that at a local footy game he would not get out alive.

https://twitter.com/7afl/status/1170...312289280?s=21
    I've seen some filthy acts on the field both when playing and watching, that is as low as it gets. Defenseless player being gouged and groped and then his hair pulled and head pushed into the turf. Absolute coward, his season is over.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't get them back the 2016 PF. We will always have the last laugh over these clowns whilst they don't win a flag.

Greene is a jet and a brilliant player - he doesn't need to push the envelope anywhere near as much as he does.

We've been talking on WOOF all week about expecting a brutal response from GWS - we even had a thread dedicated to it from MJP. Since R23 the club has been soaking up all the media street accolades, Bevo has been out meeting with prospective recruits, we've been making big player contract announcements. Meanwhile GWS went to school big time on our game plan and have been eating nothing but raw meat for the last couple of weeks. They brutalised us and we allowed it to happen - sure they crossed the line a few times and Greene will most likely go, but I expect us to NEVER allow this to happen ever again. It's brutal finals footy with no second prizes - we should have been ready for everything.
    I disagree to a certain extent. GWS broke the rules repeatedly. The actual rules and the rules of sportsmanship. The rules of basic decency and fair play.

Yes to a certain extent 'we' let them. But it was the umpires who let them. the umpiring performance was disgraceful to the point of scandalous.
    It should be reviewed.
    If that was a suburban or country game of football not many GWS players would have left the carpark with their jaws in one piece. It was totally and utterly filthy dirty nasty play from them all day. The footage of Toby Greene Holding Bont by the hair and slamming his face into the ground RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE UMPIRE is enough for those umpires to never work in the AFL again.

I am so livid about this. I can accept losing but I can't accept watching a pack of dirty snivelling pigs get away with the lowest of acts ALL DAY and not be punished. I will hate GWS and Leon Cameron forever after that game.

And, by the way, look at the footage of Toby Greene Mauling a defenceless Bontempelli pinned down by someone else. That is not 'brutal finals footy' that is out and out criminal assault on a defenceless victim. Brutal finals footy my arse.
    Last edited by Dancin' Douggy; 09-09-2019 at 10:35 AM.

7. Thanks Daughter of the West thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, josie, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Because that alcoholic wino sniper Kevin Sheedy, that's why.
    Bit disrespectful to good and honest alcoholic wino's Sedat.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I disagree to a certain extent. GWS broke the rules repeatedly. The actual rules and the rules of sportsmanship. The rules of basic decency and fair play.

Yes to a certain extent 'we' let them. But it was the umpires who let them. the umpiring performance was disgraceful to the point of scandalous.
    It should be reviewed.
    If that was a suburban or country game of football not many GWS players would have left the carpark with their jaws in one piece. It was totally and utterly filthy dirty nasty play from them all day. The footage of Toby Greene Holding Bont by the hair and slamming his face into the ground RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE UMPIRE is enough for those umpires to never work in the AFL again.

I am so livid about this. I can accept losing but I can't accept watching a pack of dirty snivelling pigs gat away with the lowest of acts ALL DAY and not be punished. I will hate GWS and Leon Cameron forever after that game.
    There were so many dirty acts all day, it was just deplorable, and they got away with it from the first quarter. Just needed to pay a few free kicks and 50 metre penalties and that is it. I don't know how many times players were slammed into the turf after they kicked the ball and the umpire had the cheek to report Suckling for a bump to the side of Kelly

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a clear downfield at the start of the second or third quarter that was missed, from that point I'd given up on there being any hope the umpires would call out the underhanded stuff.

Funny thing is, people actually think the Giants were being harshly done by in terms of umpiring yesterday.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    There was a clear downfield at the start of the second or third quarter that was missed, from that point I'd given up on there being any hope the umpires would call out the underhanded stuff.

Funny thing is, people actually think the Giants were being harshly done by in terms of umpiring yesterday.
    The free kicks that were not given was more the issue yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a very fine line between getting possession and getting instantaneously tackled - Richmond have been the masters at this since 2017. It's a loophole in the system that allows players to physically hurt opponents legally - players are open and vulnerable at the point of impact.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post

It should be reviewed.

I am so livid about this. I can accept losing but I can't accept watching a pack of dirty snivelling pigs gat away with the lowest of acts ALL DAY and not be punished. I will hate GWS and Leon Cameron forever after that game.

And, by the way, look at the footage of Toby Greene Mauling a defenceless Bontempelli pinned down by someone else. That is not 'brutal finals footy' that is out and out criminal assault on a defenceless victim. Brutal finals footy my arse.
    Condemning Greene for his on-field actions is fine. Are we going to be similarly scathing of Daniel Southern, Tony Liberatore, Jose and Dimma? We can't have it both ways.

GWS mugged us yesterday, and while some of it was illegal most of it was them being first to the ball and far hungrier than us - have we ever been belted by so much in CP's in the last decade?. We should have absolutely been ready for the assault and we weren't. Worse, we seemingly accepted our fate without doing anything to alter the course.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Condemning Greene for his on-field actions is fine. Are we going to be similarly scathing of Daniel Southern, Tony Liberatore, Jose and Dimma? We can't have it both ways.
    That was a different era and has no relevance to today.

GWS mugged us yesterday, and while some of it was illegal most of it was them being first to the ball and far hungrier than us - have we ever been belted by so much in CP's in the last decade?. We should have absolutely been ready for the assault and we weren't. Worse, we seemingly accepted our fate without doing anything to alter the course.
    Don't know about not being ready, they were just better than us in the midfield- were we complacent because we beat them last time? Who knows, we just looked like we were rusty and lost that momentum built over the last 11 games before a bye.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about not being ready, they were just better than us in the midfield- were we complacent because we beat them last time? Who knows, we just looked like we were rusty and lost that momentum built over the last 11 games before a bye.
    They came out strongly which was always likely to happen and surely being complacent as you suggest is an indicator we weren't quite switched on or ready for it?

I'm not sure that one weeks break would make us look rusty.

I agree they're a quality side and they caught us out early and them stormed over us late. Gives us plenty to work on over the preseason.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We should have been ready for a hard, fair, even brutal physical contest.

We should not have been prepared and expecting assaults that had nothing to do with any fierce contest for the ball. The ball was not in dispute in these incidents including Himmelburgs. I feel genuinely sickened at the footage.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

18. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post